unbound

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2004
✟17,431.00
Faith
Christian
Does any one understand what these verses are talking about?:

Revelation 4:6
And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

Ezekiel 1:22
And the likeness of the firmament upon the heads of the living creature was as the colour of the terrible crystal, stretched forth over their heads above.

I think I know what these things are, I just wondered if any one else has come up with anything.

unbound

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2004
✟17,431.00
Faith
Christian
Hi John.

What is beneath the throne?

Matthew 5
34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

Revelation 4:6
And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal:

To me it looks like God has His creation spread out before Him. Things just look different from heaven, maybe like this:

Ezekiel 1:26
And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

I think these three verses are the same in meaning. Do you see the relation? I have a few more that go well together if you are interested.

Here are some more:

Genesis 1:8
And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

This is the same "firmament" which is under the throne. What is in this firmament? Well, the earth for one, but more than just that:

Genesis 1:14
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

I think I also have some good information on the four beasts or angels.

It looks like this "firmament" is a vast expanse strethed forth beneath the throne, and in it, all of matter exists.

What do you think so far?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.