Jan 6, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟17,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My son was, he had an umbilical hernia, which basically means that the whole that the umbilical cord feeds the baby through never fully healed, and air would get in there and make it stick way out, so he played with it constantly, it eventually fixed itself and he doesn't bother it anymore (he is almost 9) I have a friend though, her daughter will be 7 in Sept and she still plays with her belly button, when she is tired or upset she constantly sticks her finger in there, no idea why, or how to stop it sorry.

Upvote 0

kaalee

Jul 5, 2006
✟15,151.00
Faith
Baptist
When my nephew was little, he would stick his two middle fingers on one hand in his mouth and his thumb on the other hand in his belly button. When he got older and my sister wanted to break him of the habit, she made sure he was wearing a onesie type shirt that made it impossible to get to his belly button.

I have known other kids that did something along the same lines too.

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My youngest had/has an outie belly button...lol, I think I played with it more than she ever did. I couldn't help it, it was adorable. ;)

Some kids suck their thumbs, some kids pull their ears, some kids chew their hair...playing with his bellybutton is just another one of those little habits that kids pick up to comfort themselves. It's normal and most grow out of such habits quite easily on their own as they mature and pick up better coping skills.

Upvote 0