the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Except Nazi Germany was the first country to use euthanasia on a wide scale.

Sometimes bringing up the Nazis is relevant. Like on a topic on WW2, the history of the Jews, etc.

This isn't one of those topics.

And that wasn't euthanasia.

Def of euthanasia: 1.painless killing to relieve suffering: the act or practice of killing somebody who has an incurable illness or injury, or of assisting that person to die.

Nazi Germany was genocide.

Def of genocide: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

Two entirely different scenarios. The first is a choice, the second is against the will of those people.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Do you really expect true Christians to agree with what you're saying? Or do you just want your opinion known?

"True Christians". Here we go again.

Plenty of true Christians agree with euthanasia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Not the Catholic Church and this is a Catholic form.

Not all Christians are Catholics.

But you're right about it being the Catholic forum, so I'll move over to the other place this is being discussed.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Killing kids is killing kids. There's no denying it. This new law allows people to kill kids.Spin it however you like. It won't change the facts.
Which I have no problem admitting that, HOWEVER I DO have an issue with it being called murder since the two words are NOT always one in the same.

Upvote 0

New Legacy

Dec 7, 2013
✟2,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not all Christians are Catholics.

That was irrelevant.

But you're right about it being the Catholic forum, so I'll move over to the other place this is being discussed.

Good, please remember this when you post in the future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

New Legacy

Dec 7, 2013
✟2,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Which I have no problem admitting that, HOWEVER I DO have an issue with it being called murder since the two words are NOT always one in the same.

Murder is the unjustified deliberate taking of a life. From the Catholic view, all euthanasia is therefore murder.

It is only killing if it is justified. Promoting or making euthanasia morally neutral is to disagree with Catholic teaching, which is not allowed here.

Upvote 0
There are multiple truthful arguments.

My point exactly. If truth is relative, then there is no truth if there is no truth then there is no God (the maker of all truths), if there is no God why are any of us on the "Christian Fourums". I believe in God so I believe in truth, there maybe some things that the Bible is ambiguous enough on for debate, killing other human beings does not happen to be one of them. This is not to say one cannot believe in God or be a Christian simply because they hold the wrong opinion, God convicts everyone at different times. One cannot use any higher argument than the truth if others are unable to see it, hopefully their time of conviction will come.
It's been nice chatting but adios for now.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟898,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Murder is the unjustified deliberate taking of a life. From the Catholic view, all euthanasia is therefore murder.

It is only killing if it is justified. Promoting or making euthanasia morally neutral is to disagree with Catholic teaching, which is not allowed here.
OK I am not Catholic which is why I do not debate their teachings. I use the law, but I will keep that in mind.

Upvote 0

New Legacy

Dec 7, 2013
✟2,120.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is OBOB - for Catholics.

Christianity is Catholicism. Protestantism is heretical, a recent invention. We are allowed to say what we believe in our section of this forum, you are not allowed to disagree with it. This is intended to be a safe place were we can discuss our faith without it being attacked.

If we want to argue it, we will venture outside OBOB. If you want to attack Catholicism, go to General Theology.

Upvote 0

Brother Bread

seeker
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
✟7,849.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i feel bad for any one who has a painful illness that cant be cured. But there is a suffering in Christ that needs to be fofilled. There will be great judgement on any society that teaches that any kind of suiside is ok by a Dr. or your own hands. the thought of it as being humain is ludicris that is if humain means somthing good.To give children the idea and rite to choose is even a greater crime.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.