May 1, 2004
✟10,787.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you everyone for all your wonderful advice and encouragement. My husband and I don't have anyone in our lives to mentor us or be an example towards us. We had the couples Bible study, but that was extremely disappointing and frustrating.

My own parents do not have a healthy marriage and my mom tells me not to ask her for advice. We haven't been on the best of terms for a few months anyway.

So anyway, thank you... I feel very uplifted. I am grateful for everyone who put his side into perspective for me.

Upvote 0

Srenaeb

Mar 4, 2009
✟7,672.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hello =D *wave* I'm glad you have this all sorted out. Sorry, your story is so similar to mine that I had to put in another 2 cents.

Me and DH live in a constantly messy tiny apartment with 2 cats, and we're both ardent video gamers.

Yesterday, I was reading a book my mother in law gave me for our wedding, the "Five languages of love". Out of curiosity I asked DH to do the survey. Lo and behold, the most effective way to tell him that I love him is with "Acts of Service" !! D'OH! All this time I've been bringing him small gifts and little notes, and apparently he scored 0 out of 21 on "receiving gifts".

Then I thought back on our marriage (2+years), and I remember him feeling really chipper and happy like a child when I bring home groceries, or iron his shirts, or rub his back. He just lights up.

Maybe your hubby's Love Language is "Acts of Service" as well.

Maybe his bible study answer wasn't manipulative or demanding or complaining, that he honestly-to-goodness appreciates you and loves you and feel all happy like a puppy, when you iron his shirts. =)
Your husband sounds respondsive and caring, lucky you! <3

Last edited:
Upvote 0