Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
People always say it is easy to be a Christian, if that is true why is not everyone one? Christians are call all manor of things, and then their is the struggle within. We fight daily are flesh nature and when we sin we feel guilty, sure God forgives us as soon as we ask but what is hard is forgiveness our self. We want so much to live with out sin, but are bodies have sin living in them. We literally live with what we hate. We hate sin Like Our Father. If you are saved you hate sin, look in side your self deep and see the truth. Sometimes I want to die just so I can stop sinning. I want my new body to match my spirit so I will never sin again. I want Jesus to come so I am not longer tempted, and so I no longer have to live in a world of sin. I stumble to sin over and over and i know If I ask God He has been standing right next to me just waiting to forgive me. It rips my heart out that He loves me so much and I can never equal that love back to Him, But he does not care He loves me any way. He loves me perfectly. Any other father would have put me to death, kicked me out of the house locked and bared the doors from me coming back, But Not God. He opens all the doors and windows, and says when the world beats you up, when you had enough bad fruit, come home and rest. I will welcome you with open arms if you ask me to? All He ask is that i show the same to my everyone else, which i feel at that, but he says its ok, just ask for forgiveness i want to forgive you. He is quick to forgive me. The only think I can give Him is me, but i struggle with that, He has me that is for sure, but to do any thing at all He has to carry me. The question comes why does He love me? ANd the answer because you are my child. I could not love my own child this way But God loves me this way.

The greatness of God can be found in everything He does, but few ever realize the greatness of His Love, Mercy, and Grace.

I love God and I know i will sin again. It breaks my heart i break down in tears when I am tempted because stumble so much. But I am saved. It took a might God of Love to save this wretched soul.

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Bluelion. You say that being a Christian is not easy, yet after reading your profile you are full of praise for God, because God has helped you so very often. May I point out that to be a Christian, as God wants us to be, is not easy, but also NOT TOO HARD. God is Love, and God wants our Love:
freely given and No conditions tagged on. Jesus tells us in Matthew 22: 35-40:
" The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all your hearts, with all your souls, and with all your minds. The second is like it: Love our neighbour as we love ourselves." We are also told in Matthew 7:7-10: " ask and ye shall
receive," then we ask God for Love and Joy, and thank God, and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour: all we know and all we meet, friends and not-friends. We keep asking and receiving, then thanking and sharing all Love and Joy with our neighbour. God will see our sincere efforts, and God will approve and Bless us. A Christian`s great and strong weapon is Love, with love we will overcome all adversity and wrong behaviour. Love might take a bit longer to fight with, but Love will always be the Victor. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on Loving and Caring.
The Bible also tells us to " Repent," and to " Be Born Again." God wants loving sons and daughters, and people around us will treat us the same as we treat people. Love is very catching, and before we know, we will turn ourselves, and many people in this imperfect world, into loving men and women. Jesus our Saviour will help and guide us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
Being a Christian may not come easy to us, But God wants loving men and women, an all we have to do: ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE, then share all Love and Joy, or Compassion, with all around us. That is not too hard for us,
and God will not be mocked. God wants our Love, freely given and No tags attached. Leave the rest to God and keep on praying for Revival.
I say this with love, Bluelion. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Dear Bluelion. You say that being a Christian is not easy, yet after reading your profile you are full of praise for God, because God has helped you so very often. May I point out that to be a Christian, as God wants us to be, is not easy, but also NOT TOO HARD. God is Love, and God wants our Love:
freely given and No conditions tagged on. Jesus tells us in Matthew 22: 35-40:
" The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all your hearts, with all your souls, and with all your minds. The second is like it: Love our neighbour as we love ourselves." We are also told in Matthew 7:7-10: " ask and ye shall
receive," then we ask God for Love and Joy, and thank God, and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour: all we know and all we meet, friends and not-friends. We keep asking and receiving, then thanking and sharing all Love and Joy with our neighbour. God will see our sincere efforts, and God will approve and Bless us. A Christian`s great and strong weapon is Love, with love we will overcome all adversity and wrong behaviour. Love might take a bit longer to fight with, but Love will always be the Victor. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on Loving and Caring.
The Bible also tells us to " Repent," and to " Be Born Again." God wants loving sons and daughters, and people around us will treat us the same as we treat people. Love is very catching, and before we know, we will turn ourselves, and many people in this imperfect world, into loving men and women. Jesus our Saviour will help and guide us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
Being a Christian may not come easy to us, But God wants loving men and women, an all we have to do: ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE, then share all Love and Joy, or Compassion, with all around us. That is not too hard for us,
and God will not be mocked. God wants our Love, freely given and No tags attached. Leave the rest to God and keep on praying for Revival.
I say this with love, Bluelion. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Thank you Emmy you are always so gentle with me and take great care thank you for that.

Sometime love is the hardest thing. I feel inside me i am better than what I am right now. I could be better i could give more of my self. I see my self lacking. I always feel i need to do more be more. I feel it in me but I keep falling short. It is frustrating. I keep trying because God keeps picking me back up, one day with His hand i will walk down the path instead of stumbling.:)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
i'm pretty sure she means people who think it's easy to be a christian need to read the Bible.
which is true, but it(reading) is no guarantee they will understand it, or accept it, or listen to ABBA.
see, Yhwh willing, how many false and some (few?) true realizations are posted on this site !?

Upvote 0

USCGrad90

Seeker
Mar 19, 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina, USA
✟15,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think I understand what you're saying. Being a Chrisitian is a constant struggle with self and the way the world sometimes views us. In some places, it can be deadly to reveal you are a Christian, so I know we are fortunate to live here in the USA. I heard a song on the radio today that helps remind me that being a Christian is not about what I've done. Tenth Avenue North - You are More. If you have not heard it - take a listen, but the basic message is a good one when we're feeling bad to help remember what Christ has done.
Tenth Avenue North - You Are More - YouTube

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think I understand what you're saying. Being a Chrisitian is a constant struggle with self and the way the world sometimes views us. In some places, it can be deadly to reveal you are a Christian, so I know we are fortunate to live here in the USA. I heard a song on the radio today that helps remind me that being a Christian is not about what I've done. Tenth Avenue North - You are More. If you have not heard it - take a listen, but the basic message is a good one when we're feeling bad to help remember what Christ has done.
Tenth Avenue North - You Are More - YouTube

great song I hear it on the radio all the time

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You said people always say being a Christian is easy. I said they need to read the Bible if they think that. Because being a Christian is the farthest thing from easy just look at the followers of Christ they were imprisoned, beaten, starved, and died horrible deaths for their faith.

John the Baptist had his head cut off. Paul was in prison and beaten most of his life and met a brutal death. Being a Christian is the farthest thing from easy this is why the Bible tells us the road is narrow and few will choose the path.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You said people always say being a Christian is easy. I said they need to read the Bible if they think that. Because being a Christian is the farthest thing from easy just look at the followers of Christ they were imprisoned, beaten, starved, and died horrible deaths for their faith.

John the Baptist had his head cut off. Paul was in prison and beaten most of his life and met a brutal death. Being a Christian is the farthest thing from easy this is why the Bible tells us the road is narrow and few will choose the path.

thanks bella for clearing that up, That is true. I guess that explains why people are atheist or worship false gods. It is easy. WHat ever hell I am in here i know I have eternity of paradise waiting for me. It worth it I truly believe it is and God does to He gave His only begotten son Jesus for us.

Upvote 0