Oct 24, 2010
✟15,239.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have always felt as if I have been 'behind the curve' in life. I was the last one in my class to learn to tie my shoes, ride a bike, etc. I've been tested and my intelligence is quite high, so I've ruled that out, but it's just that everything seems to come difficult for me. Everything is a struggle...even what seemingly shouldn't be.

This feeling of being behind has been compounded because at 28 I am still unmarried (and yes, I am waiting until I am married to experience intimate relations), I've never even really had a true "girlfriend" and it seems like everyone around me is getting married and having kids and it feels like I am just standing still. I am tired of spinning my wheels and I don't know what I should do. I am at the point where I have had passing thoughts of having a russian mail order bride.

I would make a great husband, I know that because I've had many women tell me that, although none of them would consider dating me. So I don't know what I am supposed to do. PLEASE HELP!

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
First of all, I don't think you are behind and I don't think it's that unusual to be unmarried at your age. It may be unusually amongst the people you know, but not for the world at large. So that's really a burden you can drop.

I listen to a lot of sermons and often times take notes on little scraps of paper that I toss aside at some point and later find just when I need them. One of them that I come across every so often is depicting God saying, "Why are you trying so hard to fit in when I made you to stand out?" In the sermon it was said very compassionately, as from a Father feeling the pain of a child who feels the pain of not being like everyone else.

You don't have to be like everyone else. God's got a plan designed especially for you. It's fine to want a wife, but be sure to include God in on the search. Pray and ask Him if He wants you do the mail order thing, or the online dating thing, or something else or noting else. JUst be sure to include Him.

The Bible says in a couple of places that the things we go through are common. Lot's of people have, are and will experience them. But the devil carps at us that it is only us and, therefore, must be someting wrong with us, so we better not consult God, but rather go off on our own and try to fix the problem. But we can't fix anything on our own. So, "be still, and know that He is God" and that you are His, "created for good works" which He is faithful to complete in you, and ask Him how to best more forward in your life. and also give Him this burden of feeling different. It doesn't have to be a burden. Let Him take it.

blessings and prayers for you,
Your unmarried much older sister, a

Upvote 0