Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟767,205.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
This just came across my feed.

Before the Big Bang, there was no up there was no down there was no side to side.

There was no up there was no down there was no side to side, there was no light, there was no dark, no shape of any kind. There were no stars or planet Mars or protons to collide, there was no up there was no down there was no side to side. And furthermore, to underscore this total lacking state, there was no here there was no there because there was no space. And in this endless void, which can’t be thought of as a place, there was no time and so no passing minutes, hours days. Of all the paradoxes that belabor common sense, I think this one’s the greatest this time before events, because how did we get from nothing to infinitely dense from immeasurably small to inconceivably immense. But before we get unmoored from the question at the start, let’s take a breath and marvel at when math becomes an art because we don’t have to understand it to know there was a time when there was no up there was no down. There was no side to side

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟874,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Before the Big Bang, there was no up there was no down there was no side to side.

There was no up there was no down there was no side to side, there was no light, there was no dark, no shape of any kind. There were no stars or planet Mars or protons to collide, there was no up there was no down there was no side to side. And furthermore, to underscore this total lacking state, there was no here there was no there because there was no space. And in this endless void, which can’t be thought of as a place, there was no time and so no passing minutes, hours days. Of all the paradoxes that belabor common sense, I think this one’s the greatest this time before events, because how did we get from nothing to infinitely dense from immeasurably small to inconceivably immense. But before we get unmoored from the question at the start, let’s take a breath and marvel at when math becomes an art because we don’t have to understand it to know there was a time when there was no up there was no down. There was no side to side

I like that. From an apophatic point of view, it sounds like before the Big Bang there was God.

Does it make sense to speak of "before" the big bang? It's hard to know I guess, but given what that is saying, isn't time/space dependent on the Big Bang?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟246,000.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Nice, though I've always found contemplations of such matters far above my pay-grade. I suspect any member of the human race would suffer from Dunning-Kruger effect if they begin they think they have the slightest grasp of the subject. But that might just be an easily dismissed Argument from Ignorance, for the one thing I do know is that I know almost nothing.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟732,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Unknown .... it's theory.

Upvote 0