Ineffable
Apr 7, 2004
✟24,396.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Mordechai18 said:
If you knew someone who was a Jew, and who came to believe in and accept Yeshua as Moschiach, what woudl be the next step for them?
For one becoming a Christian, being baptised (with the correct formula) seems to be the next step. Do Messianic congregations baptise?
I wouldn't see there being another step. I figure they would simply remain as they are with an additional belief. No conversion to another religion or anything of that matter.

Upvote 0

Nossa-the-Lame

Strider of the Pope
Mar 5, 2004
Sacramento, California
✟9,241.00
Faith
Christian
Mordechai18 said:
If you knew someone who was a Jew, and who came to believe in and accept Yeshua as Moschiach, what woudl be the next step for them?
For one becoming a Christian, being baptised (with the correct formula) seems to be the next step. Do Messianic congregations baptise?

I am not entirely sure, we can help find a local MJ congregation near this person who is Jewish, just give us a city and we can find one. I am not to sure if baptism is required, I am still learning about that. But no worries, I think this person who is Jewish that wants to follow Y'shua needs to just read the new testament and study Y'shua's words.

Shalom U'Berachot!
NTL

Upvote 0

Mordechai18

Ex-Jew, Anti-Zionist
Mar 2, 2004
✟420.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
debi b said:
Do you have someone in mind :)

Wellllllllllll, now that you mention it... :blush:

I feel as though I am very close to taking a very big step. But I'm a bit hesitant - I know how Christians do it, but I don't know how Messianics do it. There is a Messianic congregation not too far from my home, but how do I know if they baptise? And should I be baptised by them if I don't enjoy attending their services?

Upvote 0

P_G

Pastor - ד ע ה - The Lunch Lady
Dec 13, 2003
North East Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟13,348.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
You know what

When the apostles realized Y'sua was who he said he was
They never ceased being any less Jewish

Nor should you
Please I beg of you for my sake
don't be less Jewish I would weep for the loss.

The bible says to confess with your mouth and beleive in your heart
that Y'shua is Moshiach and the Ha'Shem raised him from the dead

Thats it
don't complicate it

A baptisim is an outward sign that you accept him as Moshiach
it changes nothing but it can be a very profound expereince same too as a mikveh can be. But don't make you any less a follower of the way.

And by his words and his actions Y'shua declared himself divine

What a precious thing that a loving G-d would humble himself to a point we could understand him and touch him. How Avaraham and Moshe longed to see that day.

May you be blessed in your walk

feel free to PM me if you want

I am not as wise as most Rabbis
But I think G-d shall give me words when I need them

Blessings

Pastor George

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,164.44
Faith
Messianic
Mordechai18 said:
I must also admit that I'm not certain regarding Yeshua's being God.
God had no doubts.....
“While He was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, ‘This is my Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased. Listen to Him!’” Matthew 17:5

A Heavenly Voice calls out, “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to Him!” The message is almost identical to the words that John the Baptist heard when Yeshua was baptized. After Yeshua had been immersed, a voice from Heaven declared to Him, “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

The message from Heaven, in both cases, is clear. “My Son” is a reference to the Messianic title given to the Davidic King. For:

“You are my Son; today I have become your Father. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. You will rule them with an iron scepter; you will dash them to pieces like pottery.” Psalm 2:7-9

“Whom I love” is an amazing reference to Yeshua’s mission as the Suffering Servant. These are almost the identical words God spoke to Abraham when He told him to offer his son Isaac – when He instructed Abraham to, “Take your son, your only son, Isaac, “whom you love.” This passage is called the Akeidah or, the binding of Isaac, and it is an amazing picture of the death and the resurrection of Yeshua.

“Listen to Him” is an obvious reference to Yeshua and the one standing with Yeshua – Moses. For, in the wilderness, Israel was told this:

“The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to Him.” Deuteronomy 18:15

This “prophet like unto Moses” is, of course, the Messiah Yeshua. There are literally hundreds of parallels that can be identified when comparing the lives of Yeshua and Moses. These parallels are discussed in Ada Habershon’s book the Study of the Types.
See pages 165-168.

So here, on a high mountain, in the presence of Moses and Elijah, the Heavenly Voice commands that the disciples “listen to Him” alluding to and declaring that Yeshua is the Messiah and “the Prophet.”

But, in order to literally fulfill the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18:15, it will take more than a bunch of parallels between the lives of Moses and Yeshua. The Messiah must speak the words of God directly. And, as we study the Gospels, we find that this is, indeed, the case with Yeshua.

Yeshua testifies of Himself when He says in the Gospel of John:

“I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.” John 8:28

And again when He says:

“I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it.” John 12:49

Yeshua tells us, Himself, that He speaks only the words of the Father. But, that is only His testimony. Scripture makes it very clear that “in the mouths of two or three let all things be established.” Matthew 18:16

And, the problems do not end here, because we are told this about Moses in Numbers chapter 12:

“When a prophet of the LORD is among you, I reveal myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams. But this is not true of my servant Moses; he is faithful in all my house. With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles.” Numbers 12:6-8

In order to literally fulfill the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18:15, the Messiah must achieve a level of prophecy equivalent to that of Moses. Messiah must be able to hear the voice of God directly. No visions, no dreams, no riddles, but clearly. Messiah must speak to God “face to face.” Who besides Yeshua can bare witness to this? Well, here on the mountain of Hermon, in the presence of Peter, Jacob, and John, the Voice from heaven speaks to Yeshua “face to face” and declares He is a prophet like unto Moses - that He is the Messiah. Peter, Jacob, and John bare witness to this.

Here, on the mountain of Hermon, the disciples are shown the time of His coming “after six days” or, as Peter tells us, after six thousand years. They are shown that He will return with the resurrected and those who are caught up to meet Him. They are told by God, the Father, that Yeshua is His Son and the King from the line of David – “this is My Son.” They are told by God, the Father, that Yeshua is the lamb offered for Isaac – “whom I love.” And, they are told that Yeshua is the prophet like unto Moses – “listen to Him.”

And then, after these amazing revelations, after this painstaking effort to convey His mission, as they return and go down the mountain, Yeshua tells them that they must not to tell anyone about their experience. They are instructed to tell no one until after the resurrection. We must assume that this included the other disciples, but why?

The answer lies in the Matthew chapter 16 from above: because the “Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected…, be killed and after three days rise again.” It was this aspect of the Ministry of Messiah that would secure the Kingdom they so longed to see. It was only in Messiah’s unjust execution that the judgment of the rulers of this age and the reward of the righteous could be attained. This becomes plain to John when, in exile, he receives Yeshua’s Revelation years later. When he sees that the scroll with the seven seals must be opened.

“Then I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll with writing on both sides and sealed with seven seals. And I saw a mighty angel proclaiming in a loud voice, ‘Who is worthy to break the seals and open the scroll?’ But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth could open the scroll or even look inside it. I wept and wept because no one was found who was worthy to open the scroll or look inside. Then one of the elders said to me, ‘Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.’” Revelation 5:1-5

This scroll must be opened for the judgment of the wicked and the reward of the righteous to begin. John weeps because no one is found to open it. The angel tells John there is One who is worthy – the “Lion of the Tribe of Judah.” And so, as John looks up from his weeping, he expects to see the “Lion,” the King, but, instead, he sees:

“…a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. He came and took the scroll from the right hand of Him who sat on the throne.” Revelation 5:6

John does not see a lion, he sees a slaughtered Lamb. The revelation of Yeshua’s super-human nature, His being King, was secondary to the accomplishment of His suffering and resurrection. Only the slaughtered Lamb could take the scroll. If Yeshua did not suffer, die, and resurrect then the Kingdom of Heaven could not be re-established. If Yeshua did not suffer, die, and resurrect then the judgment of the wicked and the reward of the righteous could not happen.

Even Paul explains this in 1 Corinthians:

“We speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.” 1 Corinthians 2:7-8

Had Yeshua’s mission been understood by the rulers of this age, Messiah certainly would not have suffered and died. If He had not suffered and died, He would not have arisen. And, had He not arisen, God’s plan would not have been accomplished.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
Yochanon 6

60 On hearing it, many of his talmidim said, "This is a hard word -- who can bear to listen to it?" 61 But Yeshua, aware that his talmidim were grumbling about this, said to them, "This is a trap for you? 62 Suppose you were to see the Son of Man going back up to where he was before? 63 It is the Spirit who gives life, the flesh is no help. The words I have spoken to you are Spirit and life, 64 yet some among you do not trust." (For Yeshua knew from the outset which ones would not trust him, also which one would betray him.) 65 "This," he said, "is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has made it possible for him." 66 From this time on, many of his talmidim turned back and no longer traveled around with him. 67 So Yeshua said to the Twelve, "Don't you want to leave too?" 68 Shim`on Kefa answered him, "L-rd, to whom would we go? You have the word of eternal life. 69 We have trusted, and we know that you are the Holy One of G-d."

Upvote 0

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
Mordchai, when you are ready you need only have one witness, who believes Yeshua is HaMoschiah and has risen from the dead and is the lamb who takes away the sins of the world of which you are part and have repented of to witness as you go down into the waters. Yochanan's immersion was in preparation for the coming, Yeshua's was in his preparation of his ministry and his was overseen by a true Levite priest. Read Acts 8

12 But when they came to believe Philip, as he announced the Good News concerning the Kingdom of God and the name of Yeshua the Messiah, they were immersed, both men and women. 13 Moreover, Shim'on himself came to believe; and after being immersed, he attached himself closely to Philip; and he was amazed as he saw the miraculous signs and great works of power that kept taking place.
14 When the emissaries in Yerushalayim heard that Shomron had received the Word of God, they sent them Kefa and Yochanan, 15 who came down and prayed for them, that they might receive the Ruach HaKodesh. 16 For until then he had not come upon any of them; they had only been immersed into the name of the Lord Yeshua. 17 Then, as Kefa and Yochanan placed their hands on them, they received the Ruach HaKodesh.

26 An angel of ADONAI said to Philip, "Get up, and go southward on the road that goes down from Yerushalayim to 'Azah, the desert road." 27 So he got up and went. On his way, he caught sight of an Ethiopian, a eunuch who was minister in charge of all the treasure of the Kandake, or queen, of Ethiopia. He had been to Yerushalayim to worship; 28 and now, as he was returning home, he was sitting in his chariot, reading the prophet Yesha'yahu. 29 The Spirit said to Philip, "Go over to this chariot, and stay close to it." 30 As Philip ran up, he heard the Ethiopian reading from Yesha'yahu the prophet. "Do you understand what you're reading?" he asked. 31 "How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" And he invited Philip to climb up and sit with him. 32 Now the portion of the Tanakh that he was reading was this: "He was like a sheep led to be slaughtered; like a lamb silent before the shearer, he does not open his mouth. He was humiliated and denied justice. Who will tell about his descendants, since his life has been taken from the earth?"i 34 The eunuch said to Philip, "Here's my question to you - is the prophet talking about himself or someone else?" 35 Then Philip started to speak - beginning with that passage, he went on to tell him the Good News about Yeshua. 36 As they were going down the road, they came to some water; and the eunuch said, "Look! Here's some water! Is there any reason why I shouldn't be immersed?" 37 38 He ordered the chariot to stop; then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and Philip immersed him. 39 When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away. The eunuch saw no more of him, because he continued on his way - full of joy.

He was reading from Ha Megilah Yesha'Yahu, (Chapter 53). :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟145,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if most of you know my story. I believe because of the prayers of one who was granted a vision of me and instructed to pray that I might recieve Him. Before I ever knew them or they knew me, they prayed for HaShem to bless me with the knowledge of His will for me. That is what we must do for our brother Mordechai now.

Shalom and blessings Mordichai, I pray them now in His name.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟145,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mordechai18 said:
In answer to your inquiry let me share this with you:
Act 2:36 "Let all the house of Yisra'el therefore know certainly that God has made him both Lord and Messiah, this Yeshua whom you crucified."
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Kefa and the rest of the emissaries, "Brothers, what shall we do?"
Act 2:38 Kefa said to them, "Repent, and be immersed, every one of you, in the name of Yeshua the Messiah for the forgiveness of sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Act 2:39 For to you is the promise, and to your children, and to all who are far off, even as many as the Lord our God will call to himself."
Just like Yochanan preached immersion for the forgiveness of sins in the wilderness. I hope you choose to be immersed. It seems to be a Jewish tradition!

b'Shalom
tal

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
I am praying that the fullness of HaShem's wisdom concerning your questions will be revealed to you in the Time He chooses and by the vessel He chooses - Commit you ways into His hands and He will direct your footsteps - choose to truly trust Him :) He loves you and delights in you and desires to be even closer to you :)

Upvote 0