Becoming a full time preacher!

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
✟15,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Watch 'Preperation of Minsitry' by Benny Hinn which I trust will be a blessing to you!

In addition to this I will provide you with the links to two Christian Growth Resources entitled 'The Dutiful Servant of God' & 'Being in One Accord with The Almighty God' which I am confident will give you a clearer understanding of what it means to serve the LORD in a pattern which is 100& in line with scripture.

Ensure you are in submission and service to an elder, and observe Psa 91!

Just remember that EVERY CHRISTIAN is commissioned to do as Christ has done, and this is not confined to the four walls of the church or street evangelism. Our vocation as disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ goes with us WHEREVER we go...

Meditate on these scriptures. (Matt 4:23-24, 16:24, 28:18-20; Luke 4:18-19; Acts 5:42; 2 Cor 5:14-21)

I will PM you a message on the importance of Legitimate authority and submission!

Pray and get aligned in God's Word and observe to do all that is written therein as a result of having the fear of the Lord which is wisdom and understanding which is to depart from evil (disorder, contradiction to God's Word).

PRAY more than you will, so that God's will may be established in you allowing The Lord Jesus Christ to bestow in you His faith which works patience.

SERVICE TO AN ELDER PRECEDES YOUR EXCLUSIVE MINISTRY (just look at the younger/elder dynamic esp. of Elijah-Elisha/Moses-Joshua etc)...

Above all seek the LORD's will with all your heart and you will find it. Surrender to His will because His form of your 'full-time preaching' may be in a a drastically different form than your own!

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it" (Isa 55:6-11).

God Bless you and *DO NOT* run ahead of God.

If you continually dwell in His secret place as Psalms 91 commands you to (the prescribed dwelling place for every Christian), you can be assured that the LORD will be faithful to lead and guide you into all Truth.

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2014
✟8,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I recommend to stay away from anything Benny Hinn lol. Anyways why do you want or feel like you should become a preacher? I usually hear people say if God will let you do anything else then don't preach but if you can't find happiness then preach.
I would stay away from any televandulist that uses money donated to their church to buy themselves a mansion.

Every Christian is commanded to study to always be ready to give an answer to every man that asks us a reason for the hope that's in us. Pastor are held to even higher standards. As it is written "My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation." (James 3:1)

If you want to start a church you should soak up the scriptures and study as much as possible. You should study so that you can give answers when asked difficult questions or when people present so called contradictions and so on. As far as Bible College I am sure there are people on this forum better qualified to give you advice in that regard if you want to attend a seminary.

If you can try downloading clipgrab (so you can download youtube videos in order to watch them when you don't have an internet connection) and go to youtube and check out William Lane Craigs videos as well as those of John Lennox, Huge Ross, Ken Ham, and a variety of different scholars, scientists, and historians. I have a ton of sermons, seminars, lectures and debates downloaded onto my mp3 player. You can check out William Lane Craigs podcast on his site reasonablefaith dot org.

You can get books for really cheap off amazon as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God will prepare you, put you in situation that will refine you. Often times these will be difficult, you will be put in front of people who are hard to love, you will be tested, prodded and often taken through hell.

Why, so you can display God's character, God loves every one, and many people suffer. If you don't suffer, if you are not tried, you will be judgmental and critical of people. If you experience suffering you will understand what others go through.

This is just my opinion, but I now have a small following, but I had to suffer many things. Much rejection, many torments, but I am grateful for each of them. It gives me greater compassion. Hey I am not perfect yet, but I am a lot more understanding than I used to be.

Also spending time with God is the most important thing. He supplies you strength. Also to be a pastor you need to be sinless, or close to it. You can't have fleshly or worldly sins. You need to represent the scriptures by your life.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Watch 'Preperation of Minsitry' by Benny Hinn which I trust will be a blessing to you!

In addition to this I will provide you with the links to two Christian Growth Resources entitled 'The Dutiful Servant of God' & 'Being in One Accord with The Almighty God' which I am confident will give you a clearer understanding of what it means to serve the LORD in a pattern which is 100& in line with scripture.

Ensure you are in submission and service to an elder, and observe Psa 91!

Just remember that EVERY CHRISTIAN is commissioned to do as Christ has done, and this is not confined to the four walls of the church or street evangelism. Our vocation as disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ goes with us WHEREVER we go...

Meditate on these scriptures. (Matt 4:23-24, 16:24, 28:18-20; Luke 4:18-19; Acts 5:42; 2 Cor 5:14-21)

I will PM you a message on the importance of Legitimate authority and submission!

Pray and get aligned in God's Word and observe to do all that is written therein as a result of having the fear of the Lord which is wisdom and understanding which is to depart from evil (disorder, contradiction to God's Word).

PRAY more than you will, so that God's will may be established in you allowing The Lord Jesus Christ to bestow in you His faith which works patience.

SERVICE TO AN ELDER PRECEDES YOUR EXCLUSIVE MINISTRY (just look at the younger/elder dynamic esp. of Elijah-Elisha/Moses-Joshua etc)...

Above all seek the LORD's will with all your heart and you will find it. Surrender to His will because His form of your 'full-time preaching' may be in a a drastically different form than your own!

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it" (Isa 55:6-11).

God Bless you and *DO NOT* run ahead of God.

If you continually dwell in His secret place as Psalms 91 commands you to (the prescribed dwelling place for every Christian), you can be assured that the LORD will be faithful to lead and guide you into all Truth.

Benny Hinn is a heretic.

Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I not here to judge people as God in heaven can truly judge people as he knows everyone hearts. I don't believe God endorses televanglists and don't believe everything televanglists say or everything what Benny Hinn states. However I do believe that there are people at Benny Hinn rally do encounter Jesus Christ and some get healed but the healing is not from Benny Hinn but Jesus Christ alone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I not here to judge people as God in heaven can truly judge people as he knows everyone hearts. I don't believe God endorses televanglists and don't believe everything televanglists say or everything what Benny Hinn states. However I do believe that there are people at Benny Hinn rally do encounter Jesus Christ and some get healed but the healing is not from Benny Hinn but Jesus Christ alone.

If they are indeed encountering Jesus at a Benny Hinn meeting it is despite Benny not because. Jesus is looking at the heart, that is his grace. Fact is, the bible says, the spiritual man judges all things rightly. There are several verses that indeed to tell us to "judge" between error and truth, between false teaching and truth. It is biblical to expose false teachers and to warn the people of God. Matter of fact, Paul more than once names people by name...nowadays, coward pastors refuse to do that because it may involve giving something up (money and position) to confront such men. Especially when they are the head of the ministry or fellowship they get their ordinations from............

Upvote 0