Beards

B

Blessedj01

Men have their own reasons for growing beards. Women don't understand them. They can't understand them. Women just don't understand facial hair the way men do and they never will. To question why a man has a beard or a mustache, is a bit like questioning why a woman has her hair cut a certain way, or wears a certain dress. Or it's a bit like a man saying he knows what birth pains are like. Don't you think? I don't think any woman should make the statement that a man "should shave," or to assume that a man is not attractive merely because he doesn't fit THEIR facial hair requirements. After all, a man is only concerned about what one woman thinks - his wife. In which case, if her opinion is to come into play, this debate shifts monumentally. ;)

p.s. This may be the wrong forum. I just read, "for girls and their makeup". I only saw "Beauty and Cosmetics" before. Oopsie daisy.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Men have their own reasons for growing beards. Women don't understand them. They can't understand them. Women just don't understand facial hair the way men do and they never will. To question why a man has a beard or a mustache, is a bit like questioning why a woman has her hair cut a certain way, or wears a certain dress. Or it's a bit like a man saying he knows what birth pains are like. Don't you think? I don't think any woman should make the statement that a man "should shave," or to assume that a man is not attractive merely because he doesn't fit THEIR facial hair requirements. After all, a man is only concerned about what one woman thinks - his wife. In which case, if her opinion is to come into play, this debate shifts monumentally. ;)
I think you are right that it is the same as a girl's hairstyle and should be subject to the same politeness when it comes to comments. I think facial hair (on men) is interesting - some is really cool. However, the only criticism a girl might politely make, unless asked, is when the hair pokes or scratches her when kissing or other intimacies.

p.s. This may be the wrong forum. I just read, "for girls and their makeup". I only saw "Beauty and Cosmetics" before. Oopsie daisy.
Naw, I don't think the participants here are so sexist. :)

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a new commercial playing here selling razors. The actor sports different styles, including the humorous "monkey tail":

images

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
hahaha If I could pull on off...

[I still wouldn't do it, but it is funny.]

I agree. The reason that men grow beards is pretty individual. All to personal taste and preference. Just like a woman and her hair or such.
Ask a dozen men and you will likely get several different answers. From "I just don't like to shave" to "it makes me looks my age" to "I don't know, I just like it".

As for me, I keep mine trimmed. I am just now growing it back out after being clean shaven for a while (before which all I had was a mustache for some months). But I have had full on, unkempt beards, long goatees, and other such ridiculous things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had one women who liked my beard. But now with my current fiance she prefers it shaved. >.<

I think maybe on the womans part some of it might have to do with kissing/snuggiling. Especially if you have stubble. Some say its like kissing sandpaper, others say it adds tot he sensation. I personally live having a beard because being Italian I can shave it and by the end of the day its back! lol

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've always found mustaches and beards to be very attractive on some men. Probably comes from the fact that Clark Gable was my first crush :blush: I can stare at Gable for hours as he is my Narcisuss ^_^ Unfortunately my hubby can't grow facial hair, but for men who can grow beards you might want to check out the NHL's Beard-a-Thon. I think it has something to do with charity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums