Oct 11, 2010
Louisiana
✟9,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Be Fixed!

Psalm 57:7 My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.
Psalm 108:1 My heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.
Psalm 112:7 He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.

Be Established!

Proverbs 4:26 Ponder the path of thy feet and let all thy ways be established.
Proverbs 16:3 Commit thy works unto the LORD and thy thoughts shall be established.
Acts 16:5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
2 Peter 1:12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

Be Firm!

Job 41:24 His heart is firm as a stone; yea as hard as a piece of the nether millstone.
Hebrews 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm until the end.

Be fixed, established and firm are all to do with us being solid, strong, immovable and firmly established in our faith, in our reliance on God and Christ in our lives. It is to be as firm, unmovable as the "nether millstone" which is hard and unyielding! I am determined to retain God's word in my heart and mind so that I can be fixed, firm and established because I want to be able to say "I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." (Psalm 16:8)

tackattack

Non-Denominational Church of God, Anderson
Aug 13, 2010
Virginia
✟15,713.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The only issue I have with the above is your addition of immovable. I know for me I have no desire but to follow God's plan as much as possible. That is where my firmeness is seated, and I'm careful that it doesn't make me immovable. The Spirit can lead you when and where it pleases and to be immovable would be unchanging and unresponsive to that Spirit, IMO. That is my definition of a heart heart, but in general I agree with the overall exegesis of your verses.

Upvote 0

patience7

Oct 11, 2010
Louisiana
✟9,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The only issue I have with the above is your addition of immovable. I know for me I have no desire but to follow God's plan as much as possible. That is where my firmeness is seated, and I'm careful that it doesn't make me immovable. The Spirit can lead you when and where it pleases and to be immovable would be unchanging and unresponsive to that Spirit, IMO. That is my definition of a heart heart, but in general I agree with the overall exegesis of your verses.

Settled is the Gk word hedraios and has the following meaning: 1) sitting, sedentary, 2) firm, immovable, steadfast

As in Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel,. . . . .

The act of being immovable in the sense that our trust, our reliance, and our hope is in the gospel of Christ. Not in the sense of not following the Spirit. I don't think any scripture used gave that impression. :)

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Be Fixed!

Psalm 57:7 My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.
Psalm 108:1 My heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.
Psalm 112:7 He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.

Be Established!

Proverbs 4:26 Ponder the path of thy feet and let all thy ways be established.
Proverbs 16:3 Commit thy works unto the LORD and thy thoughts shall be established.
Acts 16:5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
2 Peter 1:12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things though ye know them, and be established in the present truth.

Be Firm!

Job 41:24 His heart is firm as a stone; yea as hard as a piece of the nether millstone.
Hebrews 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm until the end.

Be fixed, established and firm are all to do with us being solid, strong, immovable and firmly established in our faith, in our reliance on God and Christ in our lives. It is to be as firm, unmovable as the "nether millstone" which is hard and unyielding! I am determined to retain God's word in my heart and mind so that I can be fixed, firm and established because I want to be able to say "I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." (Psalm 16:8)

Of course, the basis is TRUTH. You seem to have missed that....

Cultists can be EXTREMELY "established." Muslim terrorists can be EXTREMELY "established."

You seem to be focused only on docilic submission to one so demanding (The Catholic Catechism # 87 might be ringing in your ear?). All this is predicated on such teaching TRUTH. Being "established" in error is nowhere commended in Scripture.

Upvote 0

patience7

Oct 11, 2010
Louisiana
✟9,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Of course, the basis is TRUTH. You seem to have missed that....

Cultists can be EXTREMELY "established." Muslim terrorists can be EXTREMELY "established."

You seem to be focused only on docilic submission to one so demanding (The Catholic Catechism # 87 might be ringing in your ear?). All this is predicated on such teaching TRUTH. Being "established" in error is nowhere commended in Scripture.

I'm not sure what you read but I thought it was self explanatory with the verses posted from the Word (which is TRUTH) on being fixed, established and firm. I also ended the last paragraph with: I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

"docilic submission?" "established in error?" What did you read?!?

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what you read but I thought it was self explanatory with the verses posted from the Word (which is TRUTH) on being fixed, established and firm. I also ended the last paragraph with: I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

"docilic submission?" "established in error?" What did you read?!?

You posted clearly Sister.

Upvote 0

ashout

As Tall as Goliath and as fearsome too!
Oct 27, 2009
Home
✟10,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
yeah people look for errors in everything and what you seek you find.

its the same principle for the people who saught errors in the bible, there wasn't any, but when you seek you find so sure enough people found "Errors"

your message was flawless. thank you for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums