Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
BBC shifts focus to ‘internet-centric’ programme delivery | Financial Times
The BBC is to be remodelled as an “internet-centric” broadcaster, as the web becomes the main way it reaches British viewers, according to the executive given the “poisoned chalice” of leading a technological transformation at the corporation.

In his first interview since becoming the BBC’s technology chief last July, Matthew Postgate said the organisation was trying to adapt to younger audiences who watch television and listen to radio over the web on mobile devices.​
The BBC may be the first major over-the-air broadcaster to embrace the internet as its primary delivery medium.

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Um, what does this mean? We're still going to have BBC 1 and BBC 2, I assume. Just sounds like the BBC are going to continue with iPlayer, which I do use a lot. But I love sitting down in front of the TV in the evenings and watching the dramas or documentaries that the BBC is so good at.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Um, what does this mean? We're still going to have BBC 1 and BBC 2, I assume. Just sounds like the BBC are going to continue with iPlayer, which I do use a lot. But I love sitting down in front of the TV in the evenings and watching the dramas or documentaries that the BBC is so good at.
LOL ... are you suggesting that the Financial Times of London got it wrong?

They seem pretty clear about the BBC shifting from RF to internet broadcasting. My assumption is that they will soon make all programming available via internet streaming. The BBC would be in the lead on this, as I don't believe any other major broadcasters in the world have done that yet.

Upvote 0