Portland, OR
✟8,643.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So...I was skeptical to say the least when a co-worker recommended this show to me.

I mean really...

Battlestar Galactica? :scratch:

But I rented the opening mini-series a couple years back...and flippin' LOVED it!

So I have really wanted to watch the series since then but we don't have cable (and really don't want it, thank you very much), and none of the local movie stores carry it on DVD, so I've had to put it on standby.

And then we got a computer...and Netflix...sweet, sweet Netflix.

So my wife and I have been burning through it, and it's really our favorite TV show now, by a long shot.

Any other Battlestar fans out there? ;)

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I like the old series only pre battlestar 1980
I enjoyed the original series as well, for the most part. 1980 was just utterly awful though. It maybe the biggest piece of garbage to ever be put on television.

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, the season finale was something else.......
I really feel bad for Tigh, as if he hasn't suffered enough already, now he finds out he is a Cylon. They played out his reaction to that very well though. Just because he's a Cylon doesn't mean he still isn't Saul Tigh and a Colonial officer. It will be interesting to see how they play this out.

It's gonna suck waiting 8 months for season 4 but there's supposed to be a TV movie about the Pegasus this fall so that's something a little closer to look forward too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have to agree with those who favored the original series of BG.... pre-1980 and not the new piece of junk one....

BG 1980 was ummm.... well it was better than any of the new show.... and those motorcycles with the viper helmets were good.... better than the modern "retro vipers"....

yeah, after the first season(of the new BG) I stopped watching, because it was far to messed up....

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
eggyellow.gif

Reactions: GrinningDwarf
Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I liked the old series much more than the new one. One question though: How did the people lose track of where Earth is? All those ships and no one has a map?
The 13th Tribe was supposed to have gone somewhere East of Eden when the other 12 went to the West of Eden..... the 13th Tribe was obviously Very active at reproducing people as they encountered so many worlds with Humans...... but as far as the losing of Earth..... the 12 Tribes didn't keep in contact with tribe 13, and Tribe 13 marked it on old star charts which star charts change over time, because stars move relative to each other.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Historygeek

Jan 2, 2007
Livingston MT
✟7,819.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I haven't seen the new series, but I hear it sucked> They made Starbuck a woman! What was that all about? and they made the Cylons look human, too.

I loved the old pre-1980 series, before they introduced that pretentious wonderboy even I, an affirmed geek myself, wanted to give an atomic wedgie to. Man, was he annoying! What happened? Did they hire sixth-graders to write script in the last season? They started out gloriously in the first and second season, but once they captured Baltar, the show started to go downhill, proving once again that a good villian is essential to a good plot. I think John Colicos deserves more of the credit for the show's success than Lorne Greene. And to think, they were going to kill him off in the pilot! That would have been a huge mistake.

As for the spaceships, The Galactica, the Cylon Base Stars, the Vipers, and the Raiders, they were all awesome. Very imaginative and believable. I used to fantasize about flying a colonial Viper, and blasting away at Cylon Raiders. So when they came out with Battlestar Galactica for the PS2, I bought a copy. I must say it certaily is challenging!

Upvote 0