Basketball player goes into stands to protect his wife.

MERCY@GRACE

Jan 1, 2005
✟3,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now he is facing a lawsuit.

I witnessed my wife being threatened by a man that I learned later to be intoxicated. I saw him touch her, and I know I should not have acted the way I did, but I would have felt terrible if I didn't react. I felt I had to act. There was no time to call security. It happened too quickly." -Antonio Davis

http://journals.aol.com/sportzassassin/LakerLand/entries/379

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
5 games is nothing. I understand why he did it, and honestly Davis is a great person. He didn't start any altercation. At the same time, the league does have rules, and they have to be followed. I think 5 games is appropriate.

It looks like his wife was the problem, but from the court, it could be seen in any number of ways.

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
Could someone provide a link where it was his wife's fault? I'm not finding it in the link given.

I saw the pc with the guy yesterday. He seems to think that it was her fault. He's also suing (though it isn't him getting money, I believe he is suing for Davis to give money to a charity) if he doesn't get an apology.

On the replay, you can see her up in his face while he is motioning for security to take her away. I mean, honestly no one knows who's at fault, but I'm of the opinion that she was.

Upvote 0

cavymom

Jan 25, 2005
✟16,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ginny said:
Could someone provide a link where it was his wife's fault? I'm not finding it in the link given.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2006-01-19-fan-davis_x.htm

He said a woman he subsequently learned was Davis' wife, seated on the aisle two rows ahead of him, confronted him, making a reference to two children with her and telling him to "Shut your [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] mouth."
"She was pointing at me; she put her fingers all over my face," he said, adding that he called for security but the guard who responded didn't defuse the situation. Fans nearby began yelling at the woman to sit down and she went into the row of seats to confront another fan, Axelrod said.

Bulls fan blames Davis' wife
http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,17886090%255E12428,00.html

Upvote 0

burrow_owl

Senior Contributor
Aug 17, 2003
Visit site
✟25,726.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MichaelFJF said:
1. Security is right by the benches - all he had to do is tell them and point.
2 . From what fans are saying, she was the problem.
3. The only lawsuit he's involved in is with a strip club.

Indeed; indeed; and indeed, respectively.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Selznak

No King But Jesus
Jul 6, 2003
Nevada
✟17,278.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
thirstforknowledge said:
5 games is nothing. I understand why he did it, and honestly Davis is a great person. He didn't start any altercation. At the same time, the league does have rules, and they have to be followed. I think 5 games is appropriate.

I agree.

Upvote 0