up there
✟310,168.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Once in the Holy Land of the nation of the tribes of Israel, the people stood upon holy ground as this was the one true God's land/territory. Naaman even took dirt from Israel home to Syria to be able to worship on holy land. Prior to that in the lands governed by the fallen host (including the Holy land prior to the cleansing of the corrupted beings starting with the efforts of Moses, Joshua and finishing with David) the ground was not holy, so even the shoes carrying the dust were contaminated and must be removed in God's sight. Since the advent of Christianity, the Holy land (God's jurisdiction) spread as each whom God worked through went out among all nations under the jurisdiction of the fallen heavenly host, slowly pushing the authority of the fallen aside among those who rejected them for God. Take note those who fight over right and left for neither represent God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟897,194.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is a consecrated church building considered holy ground?
God told Abraham he should not wear shoes/sandals on holy ground....
I don't know if it is a strict rule for Christians, but it seems to me that no shoes would please God when you approach his altar... and should be encouraged!

Exodus 3:5
And he said, Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

What do y'all think?
I think God would tell me never mind you put your’s back on.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟432,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That's pretty cool. I've only been to a handful of Coptic services but I've never seen people remove their shoes (or at least not aware of it). Is that a parish by parish thing or even person to person?

Well I'll be! This is from one of the local Coptic churches from last night's service.View attachment 329982

You seem to have answered your own question, but just so it's out there: it's not a person-to-person or parish thing; it's everywhere, in all churches and monasteries.

Upvote 0