Not open for further replies.

jhessel

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟8,984.00
Faith
Christian
http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/03_Tech/030521.barcoding.humans.html

16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,
17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the Beast or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the Beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six (666). (Revelation 13:16-18

The painless procedure barely lasted 15 minutes. In his South Florida office, Dr. Harvey Kleiner applied a local anesthetic above the tricep of my right arm, then he inserted a thick needle deep under the skin.

''First we locate a prime spot,'' he said. ''The next thing is to release the button that triggers the injection mechanism, and that's it, the cargo's been delivered.''

The ''cargo'' was a half-inch-long microchip inside a glass and silicone cylinder that carries my permanent identification number. For an instant, I remembered the famous scene in the movie ''Fantastic Voyage'' in which a miniaturized Raquel Welch and her companions are inserted, submarine and all, into the vein of a patient. In my case, the tiny chip inside me can transmit personal information to anyone with a special handheld scanner.

Theoretically, this VeriChip will allow doctors to call up my medical records even if I'm too badly hurt to answer questions. It is also supposed to allow me to get money from an automatic teller machine by flashing my arm instead of punching in my PIN number. Or reassure airport security that I am a journalist, not a terrorist.

And, though the VeriChip strikes critics as Orwellian, its makers think the surgically implanted IDs could be the Social Security numbers of the future in a nervous world.

''I believe the day will come when most of us will have something similar to the VeriChip under our skin,'' said Scott Silverman, president of Florida-based Applied Digital Solutions. ''People will regard that its benefits -- in terms of financial, security, and health care -- far outweigh the possibility of loss of privacy.''

Right now, I am part of a very small club, the 18th person in the world -- and the first journalist -- to get ''chipped.'' Most of the others are ADS employees along with one Florida family who have been jokingly dubbed ''the Chipsons'' in a play on the old Jetsons cartoon.

The idea of a system that gives emergency workers and others immediate access to potentially lifesaving information is exactly what drew the Jacobs family of Boca Raton to the VeriChip. At the request of their 14-year-old son, Derek, the Jacobses got chipped last year.

''My husband has cancer and we've experienced the frustrating delays of trying to provide urgent medical history information every time he is rushed into the emergency room,'' says Leslie Jacobs.

Since the attack on the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001, she continues, ''we know that our lives are increasingly vulnerable. If we want increased safety, security, and peace of mind, we need to take positive steps. We've decided that having a VeriChip is one way to do just that.''

But critics see surveillance technology like the VeriChip as a growing threat, giving potentially dangerous new power to businesses and government alike. In a report issued in January by the American Civil Liberties Union, Jay Stanley and Barry Steinhardt warned that an explosion of technology has already created a ''surveillance monster.''

''Scarcely a month goes by in which we don't read about some new high-tech way to invade people's privacy, from face recognition to implantable microchips, data mining, DNA chips, and even `brain wave fingerprinting,' '' they wrote. ''The fact is there are no longer any technical barriers to the Big Brother regime portrayed by George Orwell [in his novel `1984'].''

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
I do agree that governments are working on personal identification/verification technology.
And here's more proof : The Biometric Consortium serves as a focal point for research, development, testing,
evaluation, and application of biometric-based personal identification/verification technology. http://www.biometrics.org/

What I can't understand is why the "forehead" ?
Why not my earlobe , my neck , shoulder , or one in both hands. :scratch:

Upvote 0
although many are leaning towards the chip implant to be the future "mark of the beast" I still believe that it is a spiritual mark of loyalty, not literal.
The forehead symbolizes the mind, and where our thoughts are. The hand symbolizes choice and direction.
In Revelation 14, immediately preceding the quote you have given it states:

And I looked and lo, a lamb stood on the mount Si-on and with him an hundred and fourty four thousand, HAVING HIS FATHERS NAME WRITTEN IN THEIR FOREHEADS.

and again in ch 22:4
AND THEY SHALL SEE HIS FACE AND HIS NAME SHALL BE IN THEIR FOREHEADS.

Chapter 7 also shows us the significance of having the "mark" of God:
And I saw another angel ascending from the east, HAVING THE SEAL OF THE LIVING GOD; and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea;
saying, Hurt not the earth neither the sea, nor the trees, TILL WE HAVE SEALED THE SERVANTS OF OUR GOD IN THEIR FOREHEADS.

Upvote 0
It is very likely that the "beast" will have his rule of the earth once "mystery babylon" is taken out of power; because we are told that babylon is the city that reigns over the kings of the earth.

And babylon (america) is destroyed by the "beast". (seven mountains/nations) I imagine this will be very similiar to the holocaust, which would then complete the later half of the fifth seal, when christians are killed for the testimony of God. This would be the tribulation.

Since property, food and water are all necessities of living, (and this country is very comfortable) this would be the likely hurting tool, that satan (the beast) will use to enforce worship.

Daniels end vision of the fourth kingdom (or the terrible beast) explains that this "king" will acknowledge a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory; AND HE SHALL CAUSE THEM TO RULE OVER MANY, AND SHALL DIVIDE THE LAND FOR GAIN.

This fits perfectly with what Jesus said about the signs of the end; when many shall be BETRAYED, and OFFENDED, and CHILDREN SHALL CAUSE THEIR PARENTS TO BE PUT TO DEATH, and BROTHER SHALL RISE AGAINST BROTHER.

The lust and greed of ownership will be the dividing line when the tribulation begins.

Why do you think it says, not to go back down into the house to take anything out of it? or whosever is in the field, not to turn back.

Jesus is saying, not to choose this world when the time comes; those who save their lives shall lose it. And those who lose their lives, shall be saved.

Upvote 0

jhessel

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟8,984.00
Faith
Christian
CK Blue said:
although many are leaning towards the chip implant to be the future "mark of the beast" I still believe that it is a spiritual mark of loyalty, not literal.
The forehead symbolizes the mind, and where our thoughts are. The hand symbolizes choice and direction.
In Revelation 14, immediately preceding the quote you have given it states:

what would be the point of having it then? (for the evil ones)

i can just show them my hand and forehead and thats it i can buy food! but if you tell people you can't buy food without it then you put them in a predicament.

it is about giving your life and soul to lucifer.

Upvote 0

JTFORJESUS

I AM FIREPROOF
Jun 24, 2003
alabama
Visit site
✟8,612.00
Faith
Methodist
yes i think its got another meaning b/c its nto like every christian is going to be like i dont want that when the whole world uses it as like a way to buy or sell. i mean the brand wont be devil or evil ro sumthing it has to mean sumthign else b/c it would be kind of weird for every not to have that mark that is a christian ( i havent read revalations in a long time so if this is after jesus comes back then jsut ignreo me and tell me that it is after lol)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jhessel

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟8,984.00
Faith
Christian
JTFORJESUS said:
yes i think its got another meaning b/c its nto like every christian is going to be like i dont want that when the whole world uses it as like a way to buy or sell. i mean the brand wont be devil or evil ro sumthing it has to mean sumthign else b/c it would be kind of weird for every not to have that mark that is a christian ( i havent read revalations in a long time so if this is after jesus comes back then jsut ignreo me and tell me that it is after lol)

Even the Mondex symbolism (e-commerce)
involves the butterfly symbolism (Greek for Psyche - to capture your soul in this chip) and the symbolism of BEHEADING (a 9th degree masonic ritual symbolism) which indicates the possible use of beheading or guillotines for those who refuse this new e-commerce biochip identification system.

Upvote 0

sracer

Humble Servant
Oct 17, 2002
Visit site
✟7,715.00
The mark has to be literal. First, because applying proper hermeneutical principles to those verses indicates that it should be literal. Secondly, if it is symbolic as CK_blue suggests, then one would have to do some fancy tapdancing to make sense of "...and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, ...". This is a pretty straight-forward statement if taken literally. But if you believe the mark to be symbolic of something else, then you can't take this verse literally.

As for Christians not wanting to take anything resembling the mark... well, what if the pre-tribulation rapture view is correct? What if all believers are removed from the Earth?

Doesn't that make the events related to the Anti-Christ and false prophet seem more likely to happen without being detected?

I know that what the Bible says about the End Times is true...and it all will happen. But my puny brain finds it easier to believe that they'll happen with the absence of Christians, than with vigilant Christians "on the look out". :)

Upvote 0

jhessel

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟8,984.00
Faith
Christian
sracer said:
I know that what the Bible says about the End Times is true...and it all will happen. But my puny brain finds it easier to believe that they'll happen with the absence of Christians, than with vigilant Christians "on the look out". :)

I don't think they care. (let me repost my previous post)

"Even the Mondex symbolism (e-commerce)
involves the butterfly symbolism (Greek for Psyche - to capture your soul in this chip) and the symbolism of BEHEADING (a 9th degree masonic ritual symbolism) which indicates the possible use of beheading or guillotines for those who refuse this new e-commerce biochip identification system."

and we already see the war against christians today (10 commandments, immorality etc etc). By the time the mark of the beast is here i wouldnt be surprised if christians have little or no power anymore.

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The hands and the forehead are easy places to check on a person. They are least likely to be covered by difficult clothing like scarves, sleeves, shoes, earrings, buttons, zippers, etc. Just take off your glove or your hat whiel standing in the check-out line, and you're ready to be scanned.

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also, I don't know whether this question's been addressed (or even asked), but I wonder how this ties, if at all, to God's commandment in Deuteronomy 6:4-8 "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one! " You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. " These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. " You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. " You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead."

Orthodox (and some Conservative) Jews interpret these verses to mandate the wearing of Tefillin (or Phylacteries).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Yes tribe! you are getting somewhere. why do you think the dragon persecutes those who keep the commandments of God! because they are sealed, and Gods name is in their forehead. Rev 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, WHICH KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD AND HAVE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST.

This is the "light" that stays within you, and those who are of the world, love the world and the things in it are not spiritual minded, but earthly minded. They are "dark" within, without any light. Their minds shall be given over to the beast, without resistance, because they believed not in the truth (that is why God shall send strong delusion).

The Mark or seal of the beast is spiritual; just as the mark or seal of God is spiritual. We cannot see these things, just as we cannot see our creator and the angels but they can see us.

God said to the angel, set a mark upon all who weep for Jerusalem; search Jerusalem with candles. Even the parable of the bridegroom and the wise and foolish virgins were about keeping light within you. The wise virgins had oil for their lamps, but the foolish had none. And when the bridegroom came, the wise were ready, but the door was shut to the foolish who were not prepared. And God said to them, I know you not. This can be found in matt 25.

there are many examples; keep reading!

Upvote 0

jhessel

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟8,984.00
Faith
Christian
CK Blue said:
The Mark or seal of the beast is spiritual; just as the mark or seal of God is spiritual. We cannot see these things, just as we cannot see our creator and the angels but they can see us.

It doesnt fall with what the bible says. How would a store clerk in the time of the world government/antichrist know that the person that is buying a gallon of milk has the seal? (since you say it is spiritual)

the point of having the mark of the beast is to force the populace to swear allegiance to satan. If you don't you starve, if you don't they persecute you and then you get executed. This is the test for christians.

btw ck blue read my threads in the news and current events forum (occultism revival, and my other thread "the seeds of satan are returning"). Im the only one that knows anything of prophecy in that forum so i need all the help i can get to spread the truth to the infidels ;)

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
jhessel said:
It doesnt fall with what the bible says. How would a store clerk in the time of the world government/antichrist know that the person that is buying a gallon of milk has the seal?

I agree; it must be something readily visible or electronically scannable.

(Just my two cents.)

Upvote 0

jhessel

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟8,984.00
Faith
Christian
Tribe said:
I agree; it must be something readily visible or electronically scannable.

(Just my two cents.)

exactly. How would they know who is defying satan? how would the store owner know that this person is defying the law? maybe satan can see if you have the "spiritual seal" as you say but the rest of the average humans can't.

maybe it is a tatoo, or maybe it is the chip. From what we can see from just watching the news the chip technology is going into the direction of fulfilling what the bible says.

Upvote 0

JTFORJESUS

I AM FIREPROOF
Jun 24, 2003
alabama
Visit site
✟8,612.00
Faith
Methodist
yea but i still dont understand why christians are going to not want it like left behind the movie why are they going to feel compelled nto to get this when they knwo theyll not survive and second why are they not gonna want it.

thats what i was saying but he put it better lol you guys use to bgi of words for me

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.