• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Baptisim.

Christ's Minister

Aug 18, 2004
HAWAII
✟287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Water baptism,although it is essential,does not change us.It's just a ceremony during which we make a formal and public profession of our faith.
The baptism that does change us is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit because when God grants us that,the Holy Spirit enters us and makes us more Christ-like.Increase your spiritual activities to draw closer to God and then keep asking Him to send you His Baptism of the Holy Spirit for a true life-saving experience that is a requirement for salvation.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟97,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Most of what needs changing in our lives requires understanding, sometimes inner healing, trust and obedience. Sometimes we also need experienced Christian advice and counsel to give us further insight and understanding.

Re baptism is just another way some pople look for change - some 'instant' experience that will transform me without any of the above required. That is not biblical Christianity, just Christian pollyana.

John
NZ

Reactions: Yogi Bear
Upvote 0

NJA

Jan 9, 2004
Near London
Visit site
✟48,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christs - nice to hear someone right on the need for the 2 baptisms (though I wouldn't say it needs to be public, it can be just you and the baptiser).

John - amen, baptism if understood, shows you want to "make straight paths for The Lord", but u still gotta follow Him.

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,581.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Yogi Bear said:
This has been nagging at for a while.
I'm not sure if I should get baptised again, would it help with all the problems and barriers that are in my life. Would it help me to praise GOD, would it wipe all that is bad out of my life again?

Being baptised again won't help. Rededicating or recommiting your life to Jesus would help more. Do it on purpose, pick a time and private place and lay yourself before the Lord and repent of any sin you know of and tell Him you give yourself to Him as a living sacrifice. Then ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit. Cry out to him and ask Him to show you the way...then trust that He will. Keep having close personal times with Him everyday and get stuck into finding out who He really is in His Word. As you look to Him and find out who He is... you will find out who you are.

(Rom 12:1) Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

(Rom 12:2) And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Upvote 0

countrymousenc

Dances With Mop
Jan 26, 2004
North Carolina, USA
✟2,098.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There is "one baptism for the remission of sin." You don't need to repeat it. There are ways to renew your baptism: confessing your sins to God, and repeating (and meaning it) whatever baptismal vows you made. If you didn't make any, then repeat the Nicene Creed, and make it your baptismal vow.

Most of all, remember that God wants to save you, and think on what He has already done for you and for all of us to accomplish that!

Upvote 0