Bad things always seem to happen at the hands of fellow Christians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeystink

Oct 23, 2004
palm harbor, FL, USA
✟749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have been doing break down of my life and I have been noticing a trend that troubles me. We, as Christians, are expected to do battle with with sin and the father of lies. We expect bad things to happen at the hands of those that havent decided to follow Jesus Christ. Lately (the last couple of years), I have noticed that the hands that have hindered (or hurt) me have been mostly Christian hands. This is troubling because I see how people view Christians in the world today. This is the sort of behavior that fuels negative press and drive people from Jesus. I too have had trouble with this recently. As I have been struggling with my faith.

I ask that you pray not for me, but those that cliam to be Christians. Pray that they will choose their actions, words, and overall demenior carefully. If you feel convicted, please take much caution in what you say and do. A Mormon friend of mine once said that we are the only scripture some people ever read. I believe he may be on to something.

May Gods blessings rain down on each of you in the name of Jesus Christ!
Eric
;)

stacie1872

Dec 27, 2005
Virginia, USA
✟15,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Eric,

The word Christian means "Christ like". He truly does transform us more and more as we walk with Him. Don't get discouraged. When I was searching, I, too had some pretty rough experiences with some "Christians". Not only on "christian" message boards, but within my church. Not only that, but I got into some pretty deep discussion with Muslims when I was a new Christian and believe me, my behavior wasn't always very Christian like, lol. Just because someone claims to be a Christian, doesn't always mean that he or she is. I guess looking back, I wasn't the Christian that I thought I was. But as we continue on our walk with Christ, our soul becomes more peaceful and nurturing. Agression and anger fall away and we learn to turn the other cheek, if we let Him truly transform us. So don't give up. Learn to know the difference, and surround yourself with Christians who are always loving and less judgemental. However, don't confuse judgement with constructive criticism or loving correction. And good luck with your search. I hope it leads you to Christ's door.

Stacie

Upvote 0

monkeystink

Oct 23, 2004
palm harbor, FL, USA
✟749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not searching. I'm home. The only thing is my trouble with keeping my faith. If I weren't Christian...I wouldn't worship at all. I also don't believe in luck, but thank you for the notion.

You words are well recieved. Bless you for taking the time to respond.

In Him,
Eric

Upvote 0

stacie1872

Dec 27, 2005
Virginia, USA
✟15,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You keep mentioning lack of faith. I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I went through some stuff earlier this year. And I realized that belief is something that we have to pray for. Remember the child who was demon possed and the disciples couldn't heal him? (somewhere in Mark, forgive my laziness for not looking the verse up for you). And Jesus asks the child's father if he believes, and he replies: Yes Lord, I believe. But help my unbelief! ? I've been praying that He strengthen my belief in Him. And it's working. So I will now pray for you, too Eric. And for whatever it is that you are dealing with. I don't need to know the details because the Lord already knows them all. Just know that my prayers are with you. By the way, I've got alot of praying to do so I better get busy. Been on this board all day. Lol. One more thing, I do believe in luck. When God answers my prayers I happen to feel very lucky indeed.

God Bless,
Stacie

Upvote 0

1saved1

Dec 22, 2005
California
✟15,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are the only Bible that many people may ever read. And because of that, there are times when we are held to higher standards by non-Christians. We are to be ambassadors for Christ. We need to walk the walk that Christ wants us to walk. And talk the talk that Christ wants us to talk.

I have found within my own church and family of Christians, that the two words "I'm sorry" are sooooooooo difficult to say. I don't understand why. I too have had issues with some Christians. I will join you in prayer for them. However, I know that I am in no way perfect either. So I will pray for God to continue to be merciful to me.

Upvote 0

LiveInFaithfulness

Nov 17, 2005
✟7,786.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Lord, this world is filled with so-called Christians who proclaim Your word with their lips, but then ignore their faith through their actions. Please be with those people who say they are Christians but do not live out their words. They need You so badly. Please help them to realize that they are not living the life they should be living. help them to understand that in doing this, they are being hypocritical, and giving the non-Christian world a negative view of the Christian faith. Lord, help those Christians who do walk in their faith, who do live boldly for You, to be witnesses not only to those who do not know You at all, but also those who know You but are not properly living for You. Lord, be also with me. Though i try hard to live boldly for You, in a Christ-like way, I know that i make many, many mistakes. help me to overcome the temptation to sin against You. Help me to overcome the temptation to talk the talk, but not walk the walk. Restore deep in me a passion for You. Light a fire in my soul that is unquenchable. In Jesus' name i pray, Amen.

Upvote 0

Moluku

Becoming Mrs. McCarthy June 2, 2007.
Sep 14, 2005
Oregon
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian
We live in a fallen world. And like anyone else, we tend to have to sift through our own brothers and sisters to really see who we can trust. Pray to God for discernment to those around you. That he keeps your heart softened to those around you, but not to the point where you get hurt. Pray for wisdom and clarity if you begin to feel bogged down and the Lord will give you strength and encouragment in his righteous name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.