Awkward Angel's Intro (1st time was 2018)

Cdn Angel

Catholic & Pro-Life
Dec 16, 2018
Windsor
✟8,346.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hello! I was told to make a simple introduction since I had not been here much since I joined in 2018. Frankly, I lost the link and couldn't find it again until today, when I was searching for Christian prayers for Sleep Apnea patients. My password manager said I already had an account, so I logged in. I am so glad I found this again! As I am heading to bed now, I bookmarked the threads of most interest to me and plan to post some things that relate to me tomorrow or the next day. A lot going on, and I am all over the place, so it is easy for me to go MIA online for a bit, but I had been searching for this forum again for years. I guess I just was not looking for the right search terms?

Anyway, I am Angie IRL and am Roman Catholic and live in Canada. I am just about 50, have health issues and am on disability but go to Church every Sunday and some additional masses with my mother who has led me closer to Christ after an experience that proved to me the existence of God in Jan 2009 I will talk about in one of the appropriate sections.

God bless you all and I am glad this forum still exists! Thank you! - AwkwardAngel.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Angie! Welcome back! :) I’m a Catholic convert. I’m heading to bed myself but I’m glad you found your way back to CF. I hope you find it edifying! :)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Cdn Angel

Catholic & Pro-Life
Dec 16, 2018
Windsor
✟8,346.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi Angie! Welcome back! :) I’m a Catholic convert. I’m heading to bed myself but I’m glad you found your way back to CF. I hope you find it edifying! :)
Thank you. Finding my way around and stumbled upon Chat but will be going to bed soon haha. :) The ads are SO BIG here but I have bad eye sight so I have to have the text big. I might have to look into my browser settings on sizes to see if I can have it only effect text as I am still using a 19 inch monitor.

But ya thanks for the welcome! :wave:

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @AwkwardAngel, and WELCOME BACK TO CF :wave:

If you don't want ads, the Brave Browser will block them all for you with it's default settings (IOW, you just need to install it and log in here again on Brave, and all of the ads will be gone). It's amazing :)

If you'd care to try it/use it (all for free, of course), go here: Secure, Fast, & Private Web Browser with Adblocker | Brave Browser

I don't have any ads here because I'm a lifetime member, but on the forums where I do, Brave blocks them all like they don't even exist :oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup: Also, I find that it's just as fast here (on a site w/o ads) as Chrome and Edge are, and much faster than those two on sites that have ads.

God bless you!!

--David

Upvote 0

Cdn Angel

Catholic & Pro-Life
Dec 16, 2018
Windsor
✟8,346.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hello @AwkwardAngel, and WELCOME BACK TO CF :wave:

If you don't want ads, the Brave Browser will block them all for you with it's default settings

God bless you!!

--David
I have AdBlock Plus but disabled it for here as it said it was the only way it gets financial support is through ads and I know what it was like when I used to run a forum and my members stopped gifting me with supportive donations through the link I had embedded in the forums menu for ease of access. I know how expensive running a site can be but it was how I kept the site banner free. I had my own domain and my own host for half ot he 10 years that site ran until I opted to shut it down due to personal overwhelming anxiety and stress and trolling by 2 members who made others no longer want to contribute.

So I thought it was the right thing to do .. but boy there are a lot of ads. Not like the old days when I had a free site and there were banners but just one on the top of every page. And they used to be tiny even though wide. But wide in comparison with the 800px width of browsers back then lol.

I had to turn AdBlock back on sadly for now at least until I get my bigger monitor my friend says he can give me. I do love AdBlock Plus because if it doesn't get all ads I can also specify elements to block :)

• Useful
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @Cdn Angel, actually, if you'd prefer to block the ads but help pay the bills, you can donate to CF directly at the following link Support Christian Forums (which I found by clicking on the little > just to left of my username on the top, right-hand side of my browser window).

Or you can keep the ads, of course. One way or the other, this place does need to be supported, so thank you for doing that :)

God bless you!!

--David

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello! I was told to make a simple introduction since I had not been here much since I joined in 2018. Frankly, I lost the link and couldn't find it again until today, when I was searching for Christian prayers for Sleep Apnea patients. My password manager said I already had an account, so I logged in. I am so glad I found this again! As I am heading to bed now, I bookmarked the threads of most interest to me and plan to post some things that relate to me tomorrow or the next day. A lot going on, and I am all over the place, so it is easy for me to go MIA online for a bit, but I had been searching for this forum again for years. I guess I just was not looking for the right search terms?

Anyway, I am Angie IRL and am Roman Catholic and live in Canada. I am just about 50, have health issues and am on disability but go to Church every Sunday and some additional masses with my mother who has led me closer to Christ after an experience that proved to me the existence of God in Jan 2009 I will talk about in one of the appropriate sections.

God bless you all and I am glad this forum still exists! Thank you! - AwkwardAngel.
Welcome back!

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums