~PeaceLove

Dec 10, 2010
Midwest
✟15,663.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Lately, I have been having these awful dreams. I try my best to meditate in God and pray before I go to bed, but these dreams that I have are so violent.

Tonight, I had a dream about a gunman who came into a store. I was the only customer among the workers, because I came to warn them. (I saw him attack some people in another store and on the street)

They didn't lock the gate or doors?!

Anyway, they called the police and we all hid in the aisles. The man came in and took bags of food that for some reason we were holding. He came to me and he was so angry. He began to punch my legs. I felt it. That's when I woke up.

Before this dream, I also had a dream of people being murdered.

What can I do? Again, I focus on God every night before bed. Why do I have these awful dreams? They make my morning bad and it really doesn't help the anxiety I suffer from.

Firewater

Regular Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2009
✟24,698.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Me too - a bit more muscle wouldn't go astray :)

Can you say "I am beautiful" & feel it?

One perspective I see in the dream (there can be many there may be a literal aspect to ift from example) is that it seems to have a feel of something negative which is self directed, like you are unhappy with yourself about something or angry towards yourself.

This is not anything to feel condemned about, or be too self-examining, but if there is something to it, it can be helpful info for you to work with what the Holy Spirit is wanting to do in your life.

If we have developed a habit (custom - customer) of negative thinking towards ourselves, the enemy (thief) does his level best to amplify it & prevent us from having understanding about it. Food (healthy thinking feeds our heart) which should be used to sustain & grow us is stolen by the enemy to feed the thief, becoming unhealthy food for us & our heart.

We have authority (police) over ourselves & the enemy, so we can kick out the thief & have our mind renewed in that area and lock the door.

Is this making sense?

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Peacelove,
A few of us who frequent this subforum sometimes get dreams that prompt us to pray for situations we don't know much about. Consider that you might be seeing this violence as an observer.

If I were having this dream, wondering it might be from God for prayer, this is how I would approach it:

Tonight, I had a dream about a gunman who came into a store.

A store is a public place for commerce, where people get what they need daily. A gunman enters to take instead of legally buy, and to threaten others while taking.

I was the only customer among the workers, because I came to warn them.

You might represent something larger -- your church, country, etc. You did not have responsibility in the store, but chose to step in to help them out. This is very typical of the way the US intervenes in global affairs.

The first few days of the Egypt uprising, this was the stance the US took -- speaking out, warning of human rights issues.

(I saw him attack some people in another store and on the street)

You knew his past. Most world leaders have watched each other, negotiated with each other, seen some horrible offenses and have had their hands tied because they don't have authority to intervene. Then they get together with others who are concerned, and try to find ways to step in without taking over.

They didn't lock the gate or doors?!

Putting protective measures in place -- freezing price hikes, putting stops on trades, preventing hyperinflation, preventing oppressors from owning what they worked hard for.

Notice how the Internet was turned off in Egypt -- that might have been to prevent money laundering or other sudden loss of control. Bank accounts were inaccessible as well.

Also, there were some problems at the ports, which would definitely relate to doors (see French door).

I had a dream/vision about locking doors in 2010, and have been keeping an eye on this theme.

Anyway, they called the police and we all hid in the aisles.

In applying the Egypt situation to the dream, this would likely mean the UN peacekeepers and NATO.
Hiding in the aisles would be a really, really good idea. (-; Or how the Central Bank stepped in.

You were still supporting in the store, ready for action, but in a very defensive position.

The man came in and took bags of food that for some reason we were holding.

Some information has come out that the Egyptian crisis began with a food shortage, or at least food delivery problems. Commodities exchanges show that there are other regions facing potential shortages too.

You were holding the bags and didn't understand why -- the US is one of the world's largest food producers, and also very involved in the trade aspects of commerce.

Egypt tries to calm investors, get food to people

Read this article, and see if it feels like the dream. You might be skeptical over God using a dream to lead you into prayer, but think about it... why not. What would the harm be. Why would He talk with you in the day, and leave you alone at night. You said you'd been praying before you went to sleep.

He came to me and he was so angry. He began to punch my legs.

Legs are for strength and mobility. We move forward on our legs... I think of feet as relating more to agility and protection over a venture (bare feet hurt), compared to the strength in a person's thighs supporting the whole body.

Your identity shows you from the US, and that puts a dream-You in a position where people might be angry at you just for being so involved.

I felt it. That's when I woke up.
Wow.

Before this dream, I also had a dream of people being murdered.

The attitudes surrounding the Egypt event were very oppressive, so people were not just literally being murdered, but their livelihoods and rights were stifled and ignored.

I was looking up some symbols of Egypt this morning, and some of the ones relating to rulers pertained to justice, truth, and providing for the people.

When we can feel the pain that others are feeling, we are more motivated to pray.

Lord, restore those ideals to the leadership of Egypt. Bring in shepherds who would care for their people, and commerce leaders who are honest and motivated by a love for their country's people.

Help PeaceLove see if there are any messages You are trying to convey to her through these violent dreams.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jem2911

Radical Disciple
Jun 17, 2006
Australia
✟7,821.00
Faith
Christian
If the dreams are troubling you and don't feel like they have real prophetic or intercessory meaning, I've found that anointing your door and window with oil and leaving your bible open to a relevant passage like the last chapter of mark or "he gives his beloved sleep" can be helpful. Worked for me sometimes anyway- just my 2c

Upvote 0

~PeaceLove

Dec 10, 2010
Midwest
✟15,663.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Me too - a bit more muscle wouldn't go astray :)

Can you say "I am beautiful" & feel it?

One perspective I see in the dream (there can be many there may be a literal aspect to ift from example) is that it seems to have a feel of something negative which is self directed, like you are unhappy with yourself about something or angry towards yourself.

This is not anything to feel condemned about, or be too self-examining, but if there is something to it, it can be helpful info for you to work with what the Holy Spirit is wanting to do in your life.

If we have developed a habit (custom - customer) of negative thinking towards ourselves, the enemy (thief) does his level best to amplify it & prevent us from having understanding about it. Food (healthy thinking feeds our heart) which should be used to sustain & grow us is stolen by the enemy to feed the thief, becoming unhealthy food for us & our heart.

We have authority (police) over ourselves & the enemy, so we can kick out the thief & have our mind renewed in that area and lock the door.

Is this making sense?

Could I say that? haha no.
Yes, but I do understand. Thanks.
I'm going to try to change my habits of thinking.

Upvote 0

~PeaceLove

Dec 10, 2010
Midwest
✟15,663.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This is going to sound odd, but my nightmares increase when the furnace gets turned up in the winter. Dryer air, hotter head, larger temp contrasts... It has been cold over the last few weeks.

What? That is strange.
Oh and I wanted to comment on your interpretation.
That night I did watch several videos of the events in Egypt. I have been following it ever since the revolution started.
Thanks for your suggestions and prayer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~PeaceLove

Dec 10, 2010
Midwest
✟15,663.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If the dreams are troubling you and don't feel like they have real prophetic or intercessory meaning, I've found that anointing your door and window with oil and leaving your bible open to a relevant passage like the last chapter of mark or "he gives his beloved sleep" can be helpful. Worked for me sometimes anyway- just my 2c

Thanks, just recently I had a dream about the death of my sister. I'll try it. Thanks.

Upvote 0

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
A common theme in your dream is about warning persons. This is where you see a threat to persons and you try to warn them, perhaps this is an area where God will use you in, where you are to warn people of any danger ahead.

In some dreams I have had an open door and gate is an open area in person's life that can let the enemy Satan in, and when we pray those open doors and gates close. It speaks to spiritual warfare.

Perhaps you may be called to be an intercessor, I'm not sure. A fixer of gates.

Upvote 0