✟493.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kia Ora (Hello!) all from Aotearoa New Zealand,

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.

I'm not new to this forum. I've been on this forum before but this was eons ago and I thought to myself, "My faith hasn't been great lately. Maybe it'd help to reach out on the Christian Forums." This thought took place right after a prayer.

My name is Josh. I'm 23 years old, formally diagnosed with Autism, among mental and medical disorders. I have a huge passion for gaming (probably too much haha!) and I'm an Information Technology Student who wishes to gain qualifications to enter the field of networking as a career. (Networking is basically everything to do with how our computers/technology communicate with one another and the internet in general)

I haven't been very faithful lately to our Lord. Not praying much, identifying closely to Agnosticism, and having a general dislike for other Christians. After praying last night, I remembered a sentence that always is in the back of my mind. "The more you resist and show hatred towards fellow Christians and give in to sin, the more Satan has a hold on you."

As a child, most of my teenage years were spent in government care going from home to home. Never really having much stability. I missed out on some key life experiences that should've happened during my teenage years. However, I also experienced some life experiences that science could not explain. Based on this, I deem Christianity to be a true religion despite my constant battle with it.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know many of you on this forum!

Tranquil Bondservant

Nothing without Elohim
Oct 11, 2022
Somewhere
✟311.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF! Or welcome back is probably more apt I suppose :).

I used to be an Atheist and something that helped put a nail in the coffin of my old paradigm was a debate done between Gordon Stein and Greg Bahnsen. I thought maybe it might help you too seeing as you're struggling with Agnosticism at the moment:

God bless :heart:.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,837.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟78,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kia Ora (Hello!) all from Aotearoa New Zealand,

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.

I'm not new to this forum. I've been on this forum before but this was eons ago and I thought to myself, "My faith hasn't been great lately. Maybe it'd help to reach out on the Christian Forums." This thought took place right after a prayer.

My name is Josh. I'm 23 years old, formally diagnosed with Autism, among mental and medical disorders. I have a huge passion for gaming (probably too much haha!) and I'm an Information Technology Student who wishes to gain qualifications to enter the field of networking as a career. (Networking is basically everything to do with how our computers/technology communicate with one another and the internet in general)

I haven't been very faithful lately to our Lord. Not praying much, identifying closely to Agnosticism, and having a general dislike for other Christians. After praying last night, I remembered a sentence that always is in the back of my mind. "The more you resist and show hatred towards fellow Christians and give in to sin, the more Satan has a hold on you."

As a child, most of my teenage years were spent in government care going from home to home. Never really having much stability. I missed out on some key life experiences that should've happened during my teenage years. However, I also experienced some life experiences that science could not explain. Based on this, I deem Christianity to be a true religion despite my constant battle with it.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know many of you on this forum!
Welcome to CF. For me, what strengthened my Christianity was actually a science book when I was 10-11 years old. It said the universe formed in an instant, and the light from the beginning of the universe is detectable as a microwave background radiation (Cosmic Microwave Background). In Genesis 1:3, God said "Let there be light", and Creation began. A Belgian priest during the 1920s said our universe had a beginning, which was against what science said back in the early 20th century. Nowadays, most scientists accept the universe had a start point, just like what Genesis 1:3 said.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0