Atheists......'splain them to me. Please. (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you believe history books but presumably won't believe the Koran. Would you accept that as an argument from a muslim?

That isn't a good argument in the fact that Muslims have alot of common ground with Christianity..That there is one God—the Creator of all things...The fact that Jesus of Nazareth was a prophet of God and Moses was a prophet of God.

Upvote 0

hikersong

Walkin' and Singin'
Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
✟9,973.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Nope. I'm not interested in going around in circles so I hope you'll detect a pattern here. My standards, criteria, judgment etc means nothing.

I'm not going round in circles. I've responded with simple comments to points you've made. If you don't want to talk then just say so.

This appears to strengthen what I've said, rather than your position. If it doesn't, that only means I've done a poor job of communicating.

Well, I certainly haven't got a clue how what I said supports your comments. How about if you make a comment like that you then try backing it up with some reasons. That might help the communication.

I do wish you the best with your wife

The anecdote I gave is over 20 years old. We're still going strong. She's still an evangelical christian and I'm not. But thanks for the best wishes.

No retractions but again, if you're looking for definitions or standards declared by me, you're asking the wrong ... One.

So what's the point you being here then. Is it just some weird game. Come on. I know you believe Christ has the answers. Simply repeating that mantra is a waste of everybody's time. Especially when you do it as a way of evading responsibility for your own comments. Seriously. If you wanna talk, fine. But expect people to respond to YOUR comments.

Upvote 0

rainycity

Jul 13, 2009
✟7,797.00
Faith
Seeker
So then tell me how everything started.

Everything, as in the whole universe? The universe in its current state most likely began with the big bang. The universe in a dormant, potential state rapidly expanded. It wasn't literally a big bang or explosion, since there was no space for anything to explode into. Space, time and matter were in the dormant, potential state which expanded into the universe we exist in now.

That's Cosmology. Convenient isn't it? Built-in dodge, that lets unbelievers declare us ignorant no less! (LOL) Mortals either understand everything, or we don't. The evidence is in for the latter.

We don't understand everything. So what?

Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everything, as in the whole universe? The universe in its current state most likely began with the big bang. The universe in a dormant, potential state rapidly expanded. It wasn't literally a big bang or explosion, since there was no space for anything to explode into. Space, time and matter were in the dormant, potential state which expanded into the universe we exist in now.

That still doesn't tell me where the very beginning started. How did space and matter come about...It was dormant? Where and how was it there to be dormant?

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Come on. I know you believe Christ has the answers. Simply repeating that mantra is a waste of everybody's time. Especially when you do it as a way of evading responsibility for your own comments. Seriously. If you wanna talk, fine. But expect people to respond to YOUR comments.

I never said "Christ has the answers." Quite useless to someone with no access!
I have said answers are to be found all over, which bring people to Christ. With no help from me, or the Gospel. And since you're familiar with the Bible, I would expect you to recognize my first statement about my standards being meaningless and non-existent; i.e., Biblical standards are what I am held to.

Is that foreign?

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

So dormant space makes sense, E=mc squared makes sense, but that means a LOT of energy is responsible for our Universe. Just the part(s) we do know about.

The word "God" means that. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing else. Science has no explanation for the existence of this energy. Einstein said if you took the sum of all the physical laws of the Universe, you'd have God. More recently scientists have concluded that if there is a God, He must be far bigger than we've ever considered.

Upvote 0

rainycity

Jul 13, 2009
✟7,797.00
Faith
Seeker
That still doesn't tell me where the very beginning started. How did space and matter come about...

Nobody knows yet, but one possibility is that they are eternal.

It was dormant? Where and how was it there to be dormant?

It existed in a singularity, and this could have been caused by a black hole sucking in space-time and matter. So in other words before it existed in its dormant, potential state it existed the way it does now, and the current state of the universe will end by the same process. This could be an eternal cycle.

Upvote 0

hikersong

Walkin' and Singin'
Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
✟9,973.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I never said "Christ has the answers." Quite useless to someone with no access!...

...Is that foreign?

Raze, it could be that I'm tired, but you've still not answered my original question, and I don't see any sign that you really want to. I'm going to call it a day.

Reactions: HasturX
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody knows yet, but one possibility is that they are eternal.

It existed in a singularity, and this could have been caused by a black hole sucking in space-time and matter. So in other words before it existed in its dormant, potential state it existed the way it does now, and the current state of the universe will end by the same process. This could be an eternal cycle.

Again, where did the black hole come from...Where did space time and matter come from to begin with for that black hole to suck it into.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Wicked Willow

May 2, 2005
✟4,434.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Again, where did the black hole come from...Where did space time and matter come from to begin with for that black hole to suck it into.
You know, even "we don't know yet" is a better answer than "magic invisible man did it". Why? Because the second "explanation" doesn't require us to actually find out, and it cannot be tested any which way. You might just as well attribute the universe to a cosmic egg being hatched by an interdimensional duck or some such nonsense.

Reactions: Eudaimonist
Upvote 0

The4thrider