Ronnee743

May 7, 2006
✟8,837.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
HouseApe said:
Ronnee, this is not what the 2LOT says. It is like a cartoon caricature of the 2LOT. Because it is not, everything that follows is wrong.

I would bet that the folks who wrote the article also know that. I think you should be very concerned about why these folks would intentionally want to decieve you.

The 2LOT from wikipedia:

"The entropy of an isolated system not at equilibrium will tend to increase over time, approaching a maximum value."

The article is wrong in so many ways, but at its simplest, remember that the earth is not an isolated system. It is constantly injected with new energy from the sun.

And atheism has nothing to do with evolution. Most atheists probably simply feel that evolution is the best theory explaining speciation on the planet. I know I would happily discard it if a better theory came around. Most Christians worldwide believe in evolution also. So it is really not a part of the Evil Atheist Conspiracy. At least not at my local secret underground clubhouse.

I didn't say atheists were evil.

If one says there is no God, he has to be an evolutionist beliving something came from nothing.

It is preposterous to think something appeared from nothing.
That simply isn't possible.
Christianity doesn't say that, but we understand the world were framed by the word of God.
(Hebrews 1)
God spoke and it happened.
I'll go look at the site you brought my attention to.

If evolution is true that the earth is billions of years old, explain the population facts about it?

Saying existence of pink unicorns cannot be proven is not a good argument.
Why? because they don't exist, but God does exist.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ronnee743 said:
It is preposterous to think something appeared from nothing.
That simply isn't possible.

Agreed. Which is why I don't believe that.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

Ronnee743

May 7, 2006
✟8,837.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
MewtwoX said:
Posting PRATTs won't get you very far. Arguments from the Second Law of Thermodynamics shows a fundamental misunderstanding of Thermodynamics in general.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CF/CF001.html
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/thermo/probability.html

AND;

Source:
Morris, Henry M., 1974. Scientific Creationism, Green Forest, AR: Master Books, pp. 38-46.
Response:
The second law of thermodynamics says no such thing. It says that heat will not spontaneously flow from a colder body to a warmer one or, equivalently, that total entropy (a measure of useful energy) in a closed system will not decrease. This does not prevent increasing order because

the earth is not a closed system; sunlight (with low entropy) shines on it and heat (with higher entropy) radiates off. This flow of energy, and the change in entropy that accompanies it, can and will power local decreases in entropy on earth.

Henry Morris' point is that the sun was created by God's word, and whatever it gives off then and now and forever is simply part of the closed system God made in the first place,
because God rested on the 7th day and ceased from his work.
It means no more was done.
It didn't mean the sun is doing stuff without God's word.

The sun is not creating new energy as in "by itself" but it was created by God to give off energy indefintely until time ends for humanity.

What a stupid argument the so called scientist sbrought against Henry Morris.
He didn't see Morris' point at all.

Upvote 0

Ronnee743

May 7, 2006
✟8,837.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
BibleMadeMeDoIt said:
Ronnee743 said:
So where does your God come from? He is something, right?

The atheist position is simple, they dont believe in God(s). Why is it so hard for you to understand?

Most Atheist I know seek to control no one else, but simply live their lives like everyone else.

Sorry but the world is not totally run by Christians and the majority of the world believes in other gods or no gods at all, not the Christian God.

Why hasn't Christianity been able to prove their religion to be the truth to majority of the world?

Could you please explain who these God believers deciding everything for the world are.

Don't skip out on this one like you did last time I replied to one of your post.

Actually, deconverting from religion is a process of overcoming theism. I see more people deconvert on these boards than convert.

Bible thumpers do not rule the world, bible thumpers are a minority in the world as a whole. It is estimated that the Christians make up 33% of the world's population, that means 67% of the world does NOT care about your bible.

Still my point is America, the world's leader and contoller because of its military, which are theists.
Duh.

Why can't you understand this?

Upvote 0

Ronnee743

May 7, 2006
✟8,837.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
LordoftheLeftHand said:
So might makes right?!? Has Christianity really come full circle and is now back to the morality of Cain? Or is Ronnee just a maverick?

LLH

That is my entire point.
Those who believe in God have the upper hand.
I am simply stating a fact of the planet earth's history.

At the dawn of recorded history or even before man wrote things down, why didn't atheists then begin to show their proof that there is no God?
If they had had any proof it could have been presented to Tablet- thumpers and right now they would live in an atheist world.

This is my point in this entire discussion.

Theists were able since time began to take control and maintain it.

Now if there were no God, do atheists really think it could have gotten this far?

Atheists have had plenty of time and opportunity to present the proof of God's non-existence and here we are in the closing days of time and they are still living in a theist world.

How come?

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ronnee743 said:
At the dawn of recorded history or even before man wrote things down, why didn't atheists then begin to show their proof that there is no God?
If they had had any proof it could have been presented to Tablet- thumpers and right now they would live in an atheist world.

What makes you think that such proof would have been accepted by the theists? You seem to assume that people gravitate towards the truth. But why would they? Why wouldn't most people gravitate toward what satisfies some emotional need?

Certain Greek philosophers (the Atomists) in the B.C. era argued that there is no life after death, and wrote such arguments down. Why don't we all believe that death is final?

Yes.

Now if there were no God, do atheists really think it could have gotten this far?

Yes.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

LordoftheLeftHand

Jun 6, 2006
✟15,226.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ronnee743 said:
That is my entire point.

This is my point in this entire discussion.

Atheists have had plenty of time and opportunity to present the proof of God's non-existence and here we are in the closing days of time and they are still living in a theist world.

How come?
You are right, the majority of the world believes in God. Of course that is not evidence for the existence of god. Even if everyone in the world believed in god, it still wouldn’t be evidence for his existence. I realize that your bar of what constitutes evidence must be considerably lower than mine. I don’t try to model reality, based on popular opinion.

LLH

Upvote 0

arensb

Jun 17, 2006
Visit site
✟22,175.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ronnee743 said:
That is my entire point.
Close, but no cigar:
Those who don't believe in leprechauns who have the upper hand, militarily, economically, and technologically.
I am simply stating a fact of the planet Earth's history.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Whice "closing days "are those?:eek:

http://www.christianforums.com/t3119306-i-am-blind-i-cant-see.html

1 Peter 4:7 But the End of ALL things is nigh at hand; therefore be sober-minded and watchful in your prayers.

1 John 2:18 Little youths, it is the last hour; and even as ye heard that the antichrist doth come, even now antichrists have become many--whence we know that it is the last hour;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Whice "closing days "are those?:eek:

1 Peter 4:7 But the End of ALL things is nigh at hand; therefore be sober-minded and watchful in your prayers.

1 John 2:18 Little youths, it is the last hour; and even as ye heard that the antichrist doth come, even now antichrists have become many--whence we know that it is the last hour;
LordoftheLeftHand said:
Haven't you heard? The end is nigh! The sky is falling!

I wonder how many people that profess this still invest, purchase insurance, and continue their education?

LLH
No christians that I know of. At least those who have been "clothed" in the Christ of the Bible I read. :)

http://www.christianforums.com/t3119306-i-am-blind-i-cant-see.html

(Young) 2 Corinthians 5:17 so that if any one [is] in Christ--[he is] a new creature; the old things did pass away, lo, become new have the all things.

(Young) Revelation 21:5 And He who is sitting upon the throne said, `Lo, new I make all things; and He saith to me, `Write, because these words are true and stedfast;'

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
arensb said:
May I have their 401(k)s, then?
You can have mine if you can beat my Wife to it. :wave:

zech 14:21 Yes, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holiness to the LORD of hosts. Everyone who sacrifices shall come and take them and cook in them. In that day there shall no longer be a Canaanite/merchant in the House of the LORD of hosts.

Upvote 0

Edx

Senior Veteran
Apr 3, 2005
✟5,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Ronnee743 said:
It is not even possible for something to suddenly appear for no apparent reason and this is what atheism actually is..

No it isnt. However the universe began is secondary. Im an atheist becuase I see no reason to believe in a higher power at all, much less a deity, much less a personal deity, much less the christian deity.

Ed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Edx said:
No it isnt. However the universe began is secondary. Im an atheist becuase I see no reason to believe in a higher power at all, much less a deity, much less a personal deity, much less the christian deity.

Ed
When you refer to the "christian deity" are you referring to the God of the Bible? If so, why not just say the God of the Bible instead of just "christian" deity. :wave:

Upvote 0

LordoftheLeftHand

Jun 6, 2006
✟15,226.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
LittleLambofJesus said:
When you refer to the "christian deity" are you referring to the God of the Bible? If so, why not just say the God of the Bible instead of just "christian" deity. :wave:

You mean God, Jesus or the Holy Spirit, or are you one of those people who believe in the multiple personality/trinity thing?

LLH

Upvote 0

Ronnee743

May 7, 2006
✟8,837.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
LordoftheLeftHand said:
Haven't you heard? The end is nigh! The sky is falling!

I wonder how many people that profess this still invest, purchase insurance, and continue their education?

LLH

Jesus told us, "Occupy until I come" (Luke 19.13)meaning to go into business and take care of your life as in going to college and living a normal life.

Upvote 0

Ronnee743

May 7, 2006
✟8,837.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
Eudaimonist said:
What makes you think that such proof would have been accepted by the theists? You seem to assume that people gravitate towards the truth. But why would they? Why wouldn't most people gravitate toward what satisfies some emotional need?

It is apparent that since the dawn of recorded history and from what we have learned from archaeology that humans believe in God.
They at one time believed in many gods.
Ugarit discovery gave us much knowledge about early man.
They believed that one god was evil the other good.
But it wasn't until Moses and Israel that the world learned there is one living eternal God.
Nowhere is morality found as it is in the Law of Moses.
Hammarubi's code had some good stuff, but was not on the right track.
It was Hammurabi's code that brought Ishmael the ancestor of Muhammed into the world.
Look around, and see that right minded people gravitate to love.

Certain Greek philosophers (the Atomists) in the B.C. era argued that there is no life after death, and wrote such arguments down. Why don't we all believe that death is final?

The Greeks were not the Hebrews.
Moses changed everything.

God said he wrote his laws on our hearts...to do right is happy, to do wrong is unhappiness.
Atheists live in the theist world saying there is no God, but still live by the morals contained in the law of Moses.

Upvote 0