Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
DistillMyHeart said:
Ronnee743 said:
Atheism has no argument.
Something cannot come from nothing.
They don't have an "argument", they have a position. And their position is no more stronger then your explanation that "godidit"

Then tell me why atheists since time began have never been able to convince the world they have a position?
If they have a postition, what is it?
Where is it?
What does it control?
What part of the world do atheists control?
Can atheism build on itself?
Why have the atheists not, in thousands of years been able to prove
their position to the....... God believing, God dominated, God did it"
Dumb little Bible thumping world controlling theists?
In short, why is it that the ones who do believe in God always decide everything for the world?
And what they have decided is that there is a God and will rule according to this truth.
Why has not the atheist been able to overcome theism?.

I suppose it is a mystery to the atheist why the "dumb little Bible thumpers" rule the world
and they do it by their faith in God.

Upvote 0

dawiyd

Veteran
Apr 2, 2006
✟2,566.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Ronnee743 said:
Then tell me why atheists since time began have never been able to convince the world they have a position?
Because your average man back then, and today, is nothing but a superstitious lout who is incapable of thinking for himself.
There is no god, to quote "God is dead"

Where is it?
What does it control?
You don't really grasp the point of atheism do you

There isn't much more you can build on to there is no god.

Why have the atheists not, in thousands of years been able to prove their position to the God believing, God dominated, God did it world to the atheist world?
They have.

In short, why is it that the ones who do believe in God always decide everything for the world?
They don't

And what they have decided is that there is a God and will rule according to this truth.
You lost me on this one.

Reactions: TooCurious
Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟97,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
LittleLambofJesus said:
I also have avoided sites like those.
If the Bible is spiritual, why not go to those site that look at the Bible spiritually?

This is not a Christian position to take. When we divide our reality into two seperate orders we become irrelevant. Scripture enables us to have a consistent framework to understand life here on earth. Christians and non Christians share the same information in the various areas of science. The laws of gravity don't operate for Christians differently from others for example. God is the Creator, and he was purposeful in making our earth a suitable and understandable place to live.

A two tiered universe of the natural and the spiritual renders our message irrelevant - believe it if you want to, but life goes on here anyway.

On the matter of evolution the real debate is philosphical. One evolutionist stated "We are the accidental results of an unplanned process." Let an athiest begin from there and construct a framework that is more consistent than the Christian one.

John
NZ

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Ronnee743

May 7, 2006
✟8,837.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
dawiyd said:
Because your average man back then, and today, is nothing but a superstitious lout who is incapable of thinking for himself.

They have.

They don't

You lost me on this one.

Well, lookee here, it is my debating friend following me around the threads wanting to argue more with me.

I just answered your post on our debating thread, Dawiyd, on the
Seventy Weeks, and btw, you're still wrong..........
but here you are arguing with me on this thread...LOL......
.and all the time I thought you were a theist.

Color me wrong about your "position"

Upvote 0

HouseApe

Senior Veteran
Sep 30, 2004
Florida
✟3,485.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Johnnz said:
On the matter of evolution the real debate is philosphical. One evolutionist stated "We are the accidental results of an unplanned process." Let an athiest begin from there and construct a framework that is more consistent than the Christian one.

John
NZ

John
NZ

Done. What's next?:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

dawiyd

Veteran
Apr 2, 2006
✟2,566.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Ronnee743 said:
Well, lookee here, it is my debating friend following me around the threads wanting to argue more with me.
Hah, hardly.

I just answered your post on our debating thread, Dawiyd, on the
Seventy Weeks, and btw, you're still wrong..........
Ronnee, i'm way ahead of you and already responded, and by the way you are so wrong about the "half-jew" thing.

but here you are arguing with me on this thread...LOL......
.and all the time I thought you were a theist.
I am, but when you are making such unbelievably unattainable arguments I had to comment and show you teh errors of your ways.

Color me wrong about your "position"
Eh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ronnee743

May 7, 2006
✟8,837.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
dawiyd said:
Wow, Just wow.
That explains so much life the universe an everything.

MECHANISM OF THE UNIVERSE AND EVERYTHING BE DAMNED!
It's just is, and it just became shall do.

Yes, WOW, Dawiyd, just WOW, seeing is believing!
Well, gee do you want me to explain how it all began?

Upvote 0

dawiyd

Veteran
Apr 2, 2006
✟2,566.00
Faith
Judaism
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Ronnee743 said:
azmurath said:
How do I know something
cannot come from nothing?

Duh......

The same thing applies to creationism anyway.
Evolution doesn't teach something came from nothing, if anything that is the position and the line of thought of creationists!

And yes things can come from nothing.

Upvote 0

Ronnee743

May 7, 2006
✟8,837.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
dawiyd said:

How do you know how the average man acted and thought?
Superstitous lout? Hmmmm....you might be on to something....

Talk is cheap

I think I do. God said it is an appointment.

Right. Atheists must live in a theist world.
They cannot build a world on their belief.
They live in a God worshipping world.

They have.

I forgot the question

They don't

Don't what?

You lost me on this one.

whatever........

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ronnee743

May 7, 2006
✟8,837.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
dawiyd said:
Ronnee743 said:
The same thing applies to creationism anyway.
Evolution doesn't teach something came from nothing, if anything that is the position and the line of thought of creationists!

And yes things can come from nothing.

The writer of Hebrews said by divine inspiration;
"We understand the worlds were framed by the word of God........."
All things were made at his word.

God is not "nothing"
So you are wrong.

Upvote 0

sidhe

Seemly Unseelie
Sep 27, 2004
Couldharbour
✟27,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ronnee743 said:

Umm...but most of the world knows the atheist position - there's no convincing evidence for the existence of a deity. I agree with that. Any belief I have in deity is contrary to the evidence.

That using naturalistic methodology, the existence of any deity cannot be proven. Or, put more simply, there is no reason to believe in any god.

Where is it?

Well, given that there's no central atheist ideology, it's in the mind of each individual atheist. Some atheists subscribe to a particular ideology, though. Like Objectivism, Secular Humanism, nontheistic Buddhism, Christian Ethicism, etc.

What does it control?

What does that have to do with anything?

Again, what does this have to do with anything? Might does not equal right.

Actually, I'd say yes. Anyone who listens objectively and honestly to the atheist position (that is that there's no naturalistic evidence for deity) is likely to either walk away either atheist, agnostic, or aware that their faith is just that - faith. Not fact.

Why have the atheists not, in thousands of years been able to prove their position to the....... God believing, God dominated, God did it" Dumb little Bible thumping world controlling theists?

Well, not all theists are Christian, first of all. Secondly, most people honestly don't want to engage in sophisticated discussion. They want things in simple terms they can understand.

Well...they don't. So that's kinda a null point.

But which god's truth? Christian God? YHVH? Babalon, glorious be her name? Shiva? Krishna? Kali? Durga? Avaloketishwara? Grandmother Spider? Yamaya? Shango? White Buffalo Woman?

Why has not the atheist been able to overcome theism?

Probably because that's not a concern of atheism.

I suppose it is a mystery to the atheist why the "dumb little Bible thumpers" rule the world and they do it by their faith in God.

But they don't. That's the whole problem with this whole analogy. No one rules the world. Some people are just in power in certain places.

Upvote 0

DistillMyHeart

Jun 21, 2006
✟15,167.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ronnee743 said:

I was unaware that the world is unconvinced they have a position. Could you explain this better?

A lack of belief in a higher power ( god/gods ) due to a lack of emprical evidence.

Where is it?

I don't understand this. Is their position supposed to take a phyiscal manfestation.

What does it control?

Explain this please...

I gues some could argue, Communist states.

Could you explain this too?

Ronnee743 said:

I suppose it is a mystery to the atheist why the "dumb little Bible thumpers" rule the world

What I am supposed to take from the above, is that since Theists, in one form or another, have always dominated world goverments ( for the most part ), that this condusive that they have favour from a higher power?

Upvote 0

truthseeka

Jun 23, 2006
✟7,637.00
Faith
Atheist
God is not "nothing"
So you are wrong.

I have not seen, heard, or felt god in my lifetime therefore...

nothing
Something that has no existence.

exist
To have actual being; be real.

real
Being or occurring in fact or actuality; having VERIFIABLE existence

you cannot verify gods existence you claim to just "know". Therefore I conclude that god is, indeed, nothing.

Upvote 0

Osiris

Übermensch
Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
✟4,264.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Ronnee743 said:
Atheism has no argument.
Something cannot come from nothing.

That is not the atheist's claim. "Something comming from Nothing" is the theist's claim.

Atheists have no opinion of what was the cause of the Big Bang, and if they do, they do not claim it as FACT, like you do. Speaking for myself, I don't like to talk when I don't have any evidence. This position, IMO, is the most honest one.

Theists on the other hand, believe that God created something from nothing; the universe out of nothing. Hey, I thought you couldn't make something from nothing? :scratch: If God is able to create something from nothing, why can't something comming from nothing be a natural process? If God always has existed, why couldn't the universe always have existed?

Perhaps because the majority of the world has always been a little slow?

Where is it?
What does it control?

Atheism, unlike some Theism, is not about controlling the masses.

dawiyd said:

I would like to put it as, "Most probable, God does not exist."

And the Nietzche quote, "God is dead", has nothing to do with Atheism or if God exists or does not exist. That phrase was to describe that people/believers were killing God... whenever people were sick, God was the primary entity whom was asked for help. As medicine became better, God wasn't the primary entity for seeking help, rather, it was the doctor. The quote means that little things are replacing God's place, and the believers have killed God.

No, atheism does not have circular reasoning like theism.

Theism: God exists because the bible says so... and the Bible is true because God inspired it.

Atheism does not build on itself(God does not exist because God does not exist), rather acknowledges that with the available evidence one cannot honestly conclude and say that God exists and that probably he doesn't.

There are more atheists today than there were 2000 years ago.

If the Theists rule the world... hmmm... then no wonder there are all these wars, famines, lack of education all over the world - I mean, we would be able to conclude this with what you said above. You just set yourself for that Ronne. ^_^

Upvote 0