At current rates of consumption, the U.S. has at least two centuries of oil, report says

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Here's the news for all of you. The earth is dying. It has been since it's creation and the fall. Everything dies. Stars die,planets die. It's the law. You are going to die and so are your children
The earth wint last forever. No matter what we do the the end will come. We aren't going to bring it about any faster by drilling for oil. We won't keep it lasting longer by going electric.

The good news is the human race will be long gone before the earth is destroyed. We've got a long time left. Minimim of a 1000 years. There's going to be bad times ahead. Wars, rumors of wars, famine and pestilence. Yet we will go on. The climate is changing, the earth is dying very slowly. It's not out fault we didn't kill it. We also won't save it.

The best we can do is endure it and come up ways to adapt to it until Christ returns. Then he'll be here for 1000 years and then shortly after the end will finally come for this Ole little rock.

In the end it doesn't matter. We are all only here for a short time. What matters is eternity. Which obviously is much longer. Do we want to spend it wishing we would have made different choices are are we going to spend it in the presence of the Lord. I know.where I'll be. Love to see you all there.
Well, hopefully, your religion will still be here.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟250,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Predictions that the U.S. and the world would run out of fossil fuels go back decades, and these predictions have so far turned out to be wrong. A new report shows the U.S. has 227 of oil, 130 years of gas, and 485 years of coal.
or years, activists argued for an energy transition away from fossil fuels because, they said, we were hitting “peak oil,” the point at which we can no longer produce oil because there’s little left in the ground or it’s too expensive to recover.

In 2023, the U.S. produced nearly 13 million barrels per day, more than any other nation in history. Predictions that the U.S. and the world would run out of oil go back decades, and these predictions have so far turned out to be wrong.

Tom Pyle, president of the Institute for Energy Research (IER), a free market think tank focusing on energy, told Just the News that anti-fossil fuel activists latched onto “peak oil” to push for alternatives, and with the U.S. leading the world’s production, their rhetoric has evolved.

“First, they said, ‘We don't have the resources. We're big consumers, but we don't have the energy. So we have to get off of the resource.' Then it became evident and clear that that was not the case,” Pyle said.
In 2011, IER produced its first North American Energy Inventory.

“It was really for the purpose of shattering this myth of energy scarcity. To my knowledge, prior to that, nobody had taken the effort to compile, using government data …. the amount of energy that we have in North America,” Pyle said.

In that 2011 report, Pyle stated: “Thanks to new and continuing innovations in exploration and production technology, there’s every reason to believe that today’s estimates of reserves are only a fraction of what will be produced and delivered tomorrow.”

The statement turned out to be accurate. The Shale Revolution, which combined technologies in horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing, made available large deposits of previously unrecoverable oil throughout the U.S.

The IER’s 2024 North American Energy Inventory update shows that North America has 1.66 trillion barrels of technically recoverable resources, and at current rates of consumption, the report calculates that it would take 227 years to deplete it all.
1716205382332.png

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟178,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Here's the news for all of you. The earth is dying. It has been since it's creation and the fall. Everything dies. Stars die,planets die. It's the law. You are going to die and so are your children
The earth wint last forever. No matter what we do the the end will come. We aren't going to bring it about any faster by drilling for oil. We won't keep it lasting longer by going electric.

The good news is the human race will be long gone before the earth is destroyed. We've got a long time left. Minimim of a 1000 years. There's going to be bad times ahead. Wars, rumors of wars, famine and pestilence. Yet we will go on. The climate is changing, the earth is dying very slowly. It's not out fault we didn't kill it. We also won't save it.

The best we can do is endure it and come up ways to adapt to it until Christ returns. Then he'll be here for 1000 years and then shortly after the end will finally come for this Ole little rock.

In the end it doesn't matter. We are all only here for a short time. What matters is eternity. Which obviously is much longer. Do we want to spend it wishing we would have made different choices are are we going to spend it in the presence of the Lord. I know.where I'll be. Love to see you all there.
Too bad you hadn't figured out that excuse when you were younger and your mother wanted you to clean your room or do the dishes. Do you think she would have bought it?

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟250,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Edward Gibbon called this attitude\view "otherworldliness" and he attributed the fall of the Roman Empire, in part, to it.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟439,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Fatalism will lead people to decline, and then it will fall in favor of ideologies that seek for a better life.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟257,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'm curious when do think this will happen? There are too many activist opinions out there. I personally think we'll blow ourselves up before CC harms us.
I don’t know.

We still have to be good stewards of the earth and take care of it for future generations.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟257,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

From a Christian perspective, I agree completely.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟257,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don’t know.

We still have to be good stewards of the earth and take care of it for future generations.
My plan is to die happy knowing that my generation wasn’t the one that would let the cocoa bean become extinct. I pity those people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
We are stewards of the earth, right?
At some point our bumble-headed way of doing this “stewarding”, there’s going to be a blight that threatens the cocoa bean plant and by shear luck, (bad), that generation would have lost our (major/only?) source for making chocolate. They’ll make “substitutes” which will taste pretty good but it won’t be “chocolate“.

I can live in the world without chocolate and I thank [Whomever] that I have the choice.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,328.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Too bad you hadn't figured out that excuse when you were younger and your mother wanted you to clean your room or do the dishes. Do you think she would have bought it?
I'm sure you haven't read the rest of my thoughts on some of this. It ties in nicely. And I honestly don't have to want to type it over and over again.

I believe we SHOULD be good stewards if what we have. Should we just dump lead paint into the rivers just because the world is going to end? What about letting factories pump out toxic fumes? I say no. How about we just all dump our trash onto the side if the road? Absolutely not. We all have to live here.

And we want to enjoy a nice place without wearing masks cause we can't breath the polluted air or drink the polluted water.

But being a good steward and having a livable home is NOT the same thing as trying to stop the inevitable climate change and creating a bunch of goofy stuff that won't really do anything except cost all of us a ton of money.

I mean we could all go back to riding buggies and living in huts, but that still won't stop anything.

Let's dial back the rhetoric about how we are all responsible for killing the earth and all that nonsense. Making claims like electric cars will save rhe planet when we have NO IDEA that they will.

My mom wouldn't have allowed me to have a dirty room, no.matrwr what my excuse. And I don't want to live in a dirty land where I can't breathe or drink the water either.

So let's just quit making foolish assumptions. You all sound like nothing but a bunch of stuck records who can't get off the "all conservatives want dirty air and water" track.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟385,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don’t know.

Absolutely. We have a responsibility to take care of out planet. However, this requires accurate information and not scaremongering. The boy can only cry wolf so many times before people ignore him. Constant claims of climate cataclysm that fail to predict real world outcomes make it easier to write the wolf off as fiction. "When will this happen" is an important question. Answering that it will happen soon, and it doesn't happen soon, can hurt the cause as much as saying there's no threat to the environment.

It's one thing to show the effect of humans on climate over time. It's quite another to suggest that New York City will be underwater by the year 2000.

Upvote 0