As inappropriate content epidemic worsens, these Catholic women say healing is possible

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rachael Killackey, a 25-year-old wife and new mother, was raised in a devout Catholic household by parents who reared her with what she calls “a strong moral code and beautiful faith life.”

As a child, Killackey experienced a few unwanted incidents with men outside of her family, which “crossed my boundaries and gave me a confusing lens about sexuality.”

On the cusp of puberty, Killackey stumbled upon inappropriate contentographic literature on Pinterest. “I was looking at innocent content and it just popped up in a tab as ‘related content.’ It turned out to be erotica. I was instantly hooked.”

Looking back, she thinks that viewing inappropriate contentography gave her a sense of control over a part of her life that others had breached.

Eventually, Killackey developed an addiction that would plague her for a decade. While she was attending youth group meetings at her parish, applying to Catholic colleges, and “sincerely striving for a friendship with Jesus,” she felt both “duplicitous and confused.”

“Growing up, at home and in church activities, inappropriate contentography was talked about as a guy’s problem,” she recalled. “The whole time I kept thinking, ‘Can women even be addicted to this stuff?’ ”

Continued below.
https://angelusnews.com/news/nation/inappropriate contentography-addiction-women-catholic-god/

• Prayers
Reactions: WarriorAngel

narnia59

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
✟333,011.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Rachael Killackey, a 25-year-old wife and new mother, was raised in a devout Catholic household by parents who reared her with what she calls “a strong moral code and beautiful faith life.”

As a child, Killackey experienced a few unwanted incidents with men outside of her family, which “crossed my boundaries and gave me a confusing lens about sexuality.”

On the cusp of puberty, Killackey stumbled upon inappropriate contentographic literature on Pinterest. “I was looking at innocent content and it just popped up in a tab as ‘related content.’ It turned out to be erotica. I was instantly hooked.”

Looking back, she thinks that viewing inappropriate contentography gave her a sense of control over a part of her life that others had breached.

Eventually, Killackey developed an addiction that would plague her for a decade. While she was attending youth group meetings at her parish, applying to Catholic colleges, and “sincerely striving for a friendship with Jesus,” she felt both “duplicitous and confused.”

“Growing up, at home and in church activities, inappropriate contentography was talked about as a guy’s problem,” she recalled. “The whole time I kept thinking, ‘Can women even be addicted to this stuff?’ ”

Continued below.
The link doesn't work.

And yes, absolutely women can be addicted.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The link doesn't work.
None of them work. The automatic censor for Christian Forums automatically kills any article with the word "p o r n" anywhere in it, in any form, whether it's a Christian article helping people with addictions, or a triple-x website. Kind of a silly overkill, frankly, but I didn't design it. :)

Instead, go to any good search engine, type in "rachel killackey p o r n addiction", and you'll plenty of articles about her and her ministry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

narnia59

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2007
✟333,011.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Try these:

https://angelusnews.com/news/nation/inappropriate contentography-addiction-women-catholic-god/

Thank you.

Unfortunately the culture tries to tell us it's not an issue at all but completely normal.

Upvote 0