Sep 13, 2004
Maine
✟28,951.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
A good article about a sad situation.

And to those who are, at this juncture, screaming "What about academic freedom?" I would simply ask, "What about consumer fraud?" If some Catholic colleges and universities have become venues in which Catholic students stop thinking and living like Catholics, something is desperately awry. Boilerplate appeals to life in a "pluralistic society" cannot change that fact.

It's a sad commentary when Boston College has become the school of choice for one of our Protestant denomination's liberal pastoral study program. I know many protestant pastor wannabe's that are attending, male, female, gay/lesbian. All of them are "edified" by the theological studies at BC. I am seriously concerned that one of the youth from my youth group began attending there this year, and another will be next year. I only hope what they've learned at Church will stay with them.

Upvote 0

Franknj

Oct 19, 2003
Visit site
✟8,010.00
Faith
Catholic
Well when I went to my Catholic College the vast majority of students were Catholic. The next highest believe it were Jewish. My college had an excellent program for pre-med which attracted a lot of jewish students. That was not my major. Regarding Catholic colleges today I would say the majority is Catholic.
I do know that at Notre Dame the current undergrad class for spring semester of 2004 is 83% Catholic.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.