Arizona State Instructor on 'Professor Watchlist' Followed, Injured by Turning Point USA Crew - Campus Police Investigating as Aggravated Assault

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Two associates of the right-wing organization Turning Point USA followed a queer Arizona State University instructor [who, among other things, has said kind things about Drag Queen Story Hour] on campus Wednesday afternoon, with one demanding he answer questions about “How long you’ve been attracted to minors” and “How long you’ve fantasized about minors having sex with adults" while the other filmed the encounter.

“What are you gonna tell me, nothing? What are you gonna do?” the Turning Point "reporter" kept asking Boyles as he remained silent. “David, you can’t run. It’s best if you just talk to me about why you want to push sodomy onto young people.”

"Also I was taking a look at your Substack and it seems like you really, really hate Americans. Like you just are disgusted with Americans and this country, and it’s funny because you would like to see a different America exist where little boys are sodomized by people like you, right? Hey!”

That exclamation comes right as Boyles runs up to the camera and reaches toward it as the video ends.

Arizona State released what Adam Wolfe, the police spokesman, said was security footage taken from atop a parking garage on the main Tempe, Ariz., campus. The video shows Boyles reaching for the camera, seemingly trying to grab it or otherwise stop the recording—but the Turning Point interviewer, in all black with a backward baseball cap, almost immediately pushes Boyles face-first onto the concrete.

[Turning Point spox] said Boyles “attacked” the cameraman and was “pushing, clawing, pushing multiple times,” and said the cameraman filed his own report Friday alleging assault. As for how Boyles got bloodied, Kolvet said “I think he hit his face on the ground when he fell.”

--

[Previously, the university president wrote to Charlie Kirk of Turning Point] “I would like to request that you remove the ASU faculty members from the Professor Watchlist, as the only basis for their inclusion appears to be that they have expressed views with which you or your colleagues disagree,” Crow wrote. “If you will not do so, please add me to the list, as I will continue to support all of ASU’s faculty members in their right to teach, engage in scholarship and advocate for their views without the kind of intimidation, abuse and antisemitism which is found in the enclosed attachments and which occurs when faculty are placed on your list. If being on the list means believing that viewpoints from across the ideological spectrum are welcome on college campuses, I would be honored to be on it.”

Crow still isn’t on the watchlist. Boyles is.