Are you one of these narrow-minded Hicks?

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dr. Voddie Baucham says when preaches at college campuses he likes to take 'em straight to Genesis where it all begins:

Are you a real intellectual or are you one of those, you know, narrow-mined Bible people, one of those "Hicks" who believe that God created the world in seven days? Absolutely not, He did it in six!​

In this sermon Voddie speaks on Paul's interaction with the Athenian culture in Acts 17 and whether or not Paul was trying to "adapt to it" or "proclaim to it."

In the last days, they will not endure sound doctrine.

Families are being destroyed because of modern secularism.

Adapting to the present culture...or not.

Reactions: Paul4JC

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not watching a 41 minute video -But I am definitely one of those narrow minded literal Bible believing hicks- not that we use the word 'hick' over here, that is more a US term. Unfortunately even on a Christian forum there are a few of us around.

Upvote 0

Aabbie James

Maintain love and truth in perfect balance
Jul 15, 2019
West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not watching a 41 minute video -But I am definitely one of those narrow minded literal Bible believing hicks- not that we use the word 'hick' over here, that is more a US term. Unfortunately even on a Christian forum there are a few of us around.
Thanks Coffee, I am thankful to be among other Bible believing Christians. Voodie is an excellent Pastor/Teacher. His Christian testimony is quite inspirational. Spending 41 minutes in one of his sermons is time well spent.

Upvote 0