Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So how were you born the first time ?

dan p

Two births, the first one i was born from my mom. The second birth was a spiritual birth from God, when i believed in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life. I received at the moment of belief The Life of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
In John 3:3 reads , I say unto you , Except a man be BORN AGAIN , he cannot see the Kingdom of GOD .

So can you be BORN AGAIN ?

Your thought as to HOW that can happen TODAY ?

dan p
In 1 John 3:4-10, those who do not practice righteousness in obedience to the Mosaic Law are not born again, and in Romans 8:4-14, those who are born again of the Spirit are contrasted with those who have minds set on the flesh who are enemies of God who refuse to submit to the Mosaic Law. In Matthew 4:15-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, which was a light to the Gentiles, and the Mosaic Law was how his audience knew what sin is (Romans 3:20), so repenting from our disobedience to it is the way to see the Kingdom of God. Likewise, in Matthew 7:21-23, Jesus said that only those who do the will of the Father will enter the Kingdom of God in contrast with saying that he would tell those who are workers of lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
In John 3:3 reads , I say unto you , Except a man be BORN AGAIN , he cannot see the Kingdom of GOD .

dan p
flesh and blood can NOT enter the Malkut!

Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟47,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

dan p
11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Jn 1:11–13 )​

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (Jn 3:6)​

It happens when He gives birth to them by His Spirit. Those who are born of God are His offspring, His children.

• Winner
Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Will you share that verse ??

dan p
-​

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-​

Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
So , how can one be BORN of WATER and the SPIRIT , when Acts 7:51 says you are STIFFNECKED ones and Uncircumcised in heart and ears , you always STRIVE against the Holy Spirit , as your fathers , you also >

What is the CONTEXT of the book of Acts ?

#1 Are they Gentiles ?

#2 Were they the BODY OF CHRIST ?

# 3 Or are they under the OLD COVENANT ?

# 4 Or is it ONLY speaking to Jew ?

Context is KING !! What say you ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So , how can one be BORN of WATER and the SPIRIT , when Acts 7:51 says you are STIFFNECKED ones and Uncircumcised in heart and ears , you always STRIVE against the Holy Spirit , as your fathers , you also >

What is the CONTEXT of the book of Acts ?

#1 Are they Gentiles ?

#2 Were they the BODY OF CHRIST ?

# 3 Or are they under the OLD COVENANT ?

# 4 Or is it ONLY speaking to Jew ?

Context is KING !! What say you ?

dan p
-
Not sure where you read my name into Acts 7:51 but it is not there, Stephen was addressing the Sanhedrin.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Not sure where you read my name into Acts 7:51 but it is not there, Stephen was addressing the Sanhedri
-
Not sure where you read my name into Acts 7:51 but it is not there, Stephen was addressing the Sanhedrin.
I do not understand where I read your name into Acts :51 ?

dan p

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Certainly!

dan p

The New Testament makes it clear that we put our old self to death and are reborn via the sacrament of Holy Baptism. So by being baptized, either as an infant or as a child or youth or as an adult regardless of age, or even on one’s death bed (which was common in the early years of the Church, despite opposition from the orthodox prelates and clergy of the Church, for some people to wait until they were dying to be baptized, due to an heretical teaching spread by people like the 3rd century heresiarchs Montanus and Tertullian, that sins committed post-baptism could not be forgiven), one is born again.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

dan p
Yes, because of my Baptism.

Blessings

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Hello Dan, in the opening section of John 3, the Lord Jesus is engaged in a private conversation with Nicodemus (the "teacher of Israel") about this idea (of being born again or born from above), and He gently chides him (as the teacher of Israel) for not knowing what He was referring to .. see John 3:10.

So, if how one is born again is the same in the both the OT and the New, then it seems to me that it would still happen, even today, in the very same way. So, what was it that Nicodemus should have known from the OT (about being born again) but did not? I believe that the answer is found in the following passage, the one that I believe the Lord was referring to when speaking to Nicodemus.

Please take special note of the fact that everything that happens in the passage below is done by God alone, not by us, or it is something that is the ~result~ of His mighty and wondrous work in us (such as our being made clean, as well our choice to carefully observe His ordinances).

Ezekiel 36
25 “I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.
26 Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.”

As to your question "can you be born again?", my answer is, I certainly hope so, because our salvation is dependent upon it, yes?

God bless you!!

--David

Ephesians 2
1 You were ~dead~ in your trespasses and sins,
2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
4 ~But God~, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were ~dead~ in our transgressions, ~made us alive~ together with Christ (by grace you have been saved).

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BBAS 64
Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,647.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There was one of the Pharisees called Nicodemus, a leader of the Jews, who came to Jesus by night and said, 'Rabbi, we know that you have come from God as a teacher; for no one could perform the signs that you do unless God were with him.' Jesus answered: In all truth I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above. Nicodemus said, 'How can anyone who is already old be born? Is it possible to go back into the womb again and be born?' Jesus replied: In all truth I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born through water and the Spirit;
(John 3:1-5 NJB)

One is born from above by baptism and the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two births, the first one i was born from my mom. The second birth was a spiritual birth from God
But John 3:5 says , Except a man be BORN of WATER and of the Spirit , he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God !!

Your thoughts .

dan p

Upvote 0