Are you angry about this? I’m angry about this! Biden Admin forbade Catholic priests to minister at Walter Reed during HOLY WEEK!

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
GOP lawmakers demand answers over Walter Reed’s ‘cease and desist’ order to Catholic priests at hospital during Holy Week

Republican lawmakers penned a scathing letter Pentagon officials after Walter Reed National Military Medical Center sent a “cease and desist” letter to Catholic priests to stop providing care during Holy Week when their contract expired.

In a letter obtained by Fox News, 24 Republicans are demanding answers from Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and slamming the White House administration’s alleged “attack on Christian faith.”

Last week, Walter Reed terminated a contract for pastoral care for its patients and issued a “cease and desist” order to a community of Catholic priests just days before Holy Week, The Catholic Archdiocese for the Military Services said.

The hospital had ended a contract with Holy Name College Friary — a Franciscan community of priests and brothers that has served at the center for nearly two decades.

“Forcing priests to stop providing care during Holy Week is not only morally wrong, but also a violation of the First Amendment,” Republicans wrote in their letter on Wednesday, according to Fox News.

[…]

Continued below.

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
GOP lawmakers demand answers over Walter Reed’s ‘cease and desist’ order to Catholic priests at hospital during Holy Week

Republican lawmakers penned a scathing letter Pentagon officials after Walter Reed National Military Medical Center sent a “cease and desist” letter to Catholic priests to stop providing care during Holy Week when their contract expired.

In a letter obtained by Fox News, 24 Republicans are demanding answers from Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and slamming the White House administration’s alleged “attack on Christian faith.”

Last week, Walter Reed terminated a contract for pastoral care for its patients and issued a “cease and desist” order to a community of Catholic priests just days before Holy Week, The Catholic Archdiocese for the Military Services said.

The hospital had ended a contract with Holy Name College Friary — a Franciscan community of priests and brothers that has served at the center for nearly two decades.

“Forcing priests to stop providing care during Holy Week is not only morally wrong, but also a violation of the First Amendment,” Republicans wrote in their letter on Wednesday, according to Fox News.

[…]

Continued below.
Yeah I heard about this too-very angry. Supposedly, Biden a confessed Catholic? I am not Catholic and have much against them but I am for freedom of religion and to take away dieing veterans last rights who risked their life for freedoms is appalling. Funny how he shows his 2 face every single day and supposedly Christians still defend this evil dictator. He put into place an NGO of atheist background, NGO? they get billions from our government, the big business of today are so called Catholic charities who fly in illegals from all over the world into the interior of USA while our veterans suffer. I am amazed that Catholics have not spoken out about this, they show their true colors too for they did for free? but have not fought for the veterans rights.

Upvote 0