Jun 7, 2015
✟16,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I have two cats i love cats if i ever had the money id own a cattery i love cats that much
Am scared of Dogs ...when i go out with my husband am scared that am going to get attacked by a big dog ...am ok with puppies becuse there cute but i dont know how the dog has been brought up they might not listen to there owner and attack me
My cats are so loving one of my cats like stealing food
My sister was up one day and she was eating a sandwich she turn for a sec back at the things she was looking at my cats grabbed half of the sandwich and was running out the door with it lol

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Bandits!! One of my dogs is like that. Whenever I go to the kitchen, she's right at my heels. I'm a klutz and she is there to pick up whatever I may drop. One time I dropped a whole chicken leg with the thigh. It never hit the floor! She grabbed it mid-flight and was out the door before I could even react!

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I've had both and love them all.

Right now, I have a cat. I have no idea of his name, but I call him Watson. He calls me 'staff', or more casually, 'Hey, you!' He's still a young cat, just out of the kitten stage. Still claws on most everything.

We're getting used to each other.

I can't say which I prefer more. Dogs - in my experience - don't tear up things as much, but require more care in many ways. Cats are fun but cause damage to everything. Or can.

Upvote 0

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Gotta post this here. I got this in an email in 2012...
Part of a Diary from a cat-

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from shredding the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant and cough it up on the carpeting.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair...must try this on their bed (again).

DAY 762 - Slept all day so that I could annoy my captors with sleep depriving, incessant pleas for food at ungodly hours of the night.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan...

DAY 768- I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo". What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth and the tiny bit of flesh under my claws.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer." More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies". Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The Bird on the other hand has got to be an informant. He has mastered their frightful tongue (something akin to mole speak) and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't make me choose! Ugh. I love both, but I do prefer dogs more.
Are we allowed to want neither cats nor dogs in the house? :)

I find that ppl who attend Christian conferences will sometimes get up in the middle and say, Gotta go, because we must now go feed the dog. ... :scratch:

Upvote 0

Journey.In.Grace

Daughter of the One True King
Sep 2, 2013
Texas, US
✟159,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Are we allowed to want neither cats nor dogs in the house? :)

I find that ppl who attend Christian conferences will sometimes get up in the middle and say, Gotta go, because we must now go feed the dog. ... :scratch:

That's hilarious!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
My owning cats grew from my initial decision to get a pet. Back in the late 80s / early 90s my decision on a cat over a dog was need on my schedule. I worked about 10 hours a day and decided that a dog would require day time walking and felt it cruel to put my want of a pet over the pets comfort and needs. I thought cats were independent and would not require the daily attention a dog would, this my first pet became a cat. I quickly learned that cats are not simply aloof and independent creatures, but just a loving and needy as dogs, just in a different way. Most dog lovers I meet who have a cat for one reason or another have quickly found the same, and love cats even more than dogs (joking), they love them as much, just differently.

Upvote 0

CurlyLocks

Mar 10, 2006
Texas
✟7,913.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love both. I've had both.

My dog helped to pull me out of a severe depression. I always say he saved my life. My ex boyfriend's dog "chose" me and we had a special bond.

Cats are awesome because of their independence. When they find you asking for attention... it makes you feel special.

I'll be glad when I am in a place where I can have pets again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HuggieGirl

Jan 21, 2017
Earth
✟8,359.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I love pretty much all animals (except those that have more than 4 legs. Not scared but if they touch me I am gonna scream!). At the moment, I have only one furry baby (see below) named Leo. But I have had mostly cats as an adult. When I was a child, we had both cats and dogs.

Attachments

• LeoTeddy1.png
    LeoTeddy1.png
    970.1 KB · Views: 4
Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apr 11, 2003
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I love both cats and dogs...but I would love a python just to be different
I know some people who are 'snake enthusiasts'. I support their right and desire to have them as pets.

But what does one 'do' with them? Put them on a leash and take them for a slither?

Exotic fish cause me the same reaction. I've had watch dogs, watch cats, even a watch cricket. I've never met a a watch guppy.

Upvote 0

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,212.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Actually they are good for getting rid of rodents. Besides I can't have one :( for two reasons. I need a licence to keep one and my partner won't let me
as soon as we have our own home we are going to adopt two cats from death row and give them a life of happiness and my parents have a dog who i'll gladly pet sit for.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apr 11, 2003
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I do hope you noted the humor in my last post.
Actually they are good for getting rid of rodents.
I really hadn't thought of that; primarily as the thought of having a python loose in the walls, floors and ceiling spaces of my house gives me the willys. One friend of whom I spoke had a 'pet' rattlesnake. The snake was kept in a large aquarium and was not allowed out.

MissRowy said:
Besides I can't have one :( for two reasons. I need a licence to keep one and my partner won't let me
Humpff. Put me down on your partner's side.
MissRowy said:
...as soon as we have our own home we are going to adopt two cats from death row and give them a life of happiness and my parents have a dog who i'll gladly pet sit for.
Cats and dogs are far more congenial in my way of thinking.

I understand one can teach a turtle to fetch, but one must be very patient. :scratch:

Upvote 0