✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Suzanne,

Welcome to CF. You need to do what you are led to do by the spirit. By accepting Christ you have repented, given your life to Christ, and your sins have been forgiven. Many of the people that know you will see the change. Some will react by seeking your conversation asking about the change while others reactions will be more subtle. But people will notice. There is nothing that you need to do other than what you are led to do.:)

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
After we have accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, are we to apologise to anyone that we may have done wrong to?How else would they know that we have been changed by the Grace of God?

Some may know by seeing the subtle changes in you. I do not believe we are to apologize to everyone we have wronged, similar to an AA step program, but if you feel led to do this then by all means I would do so.

Upvote 0

Peripatetic

Restless mind, peaceful soul.
Feb 28, 2010
✟22,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Additional apologies are not needed to secure your salvation. As others have said, once you repent, your sins are forgiven. That said, in some cases an apology can help to repair relationships and reopen communication with those who are important to us. You certainly don't need to go find everyone that you've wronged, but it might be beneficial to speak your mind to the ones you still care about most.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
V said:
Additional apologies are not needed to secure your salvation.
Yes, be careful not to get caught up in all sorts of rules and advice. It is a good thing to apologize, but your salvation has different terms.

If there are any loose ends that you really feel need wrapping up, then by all means apologize. But if you confess to everyone, it will put them in an awkward position, and take forever.

I was in a church years ago where people confessed everything to each other, and it was horrid. People would approach each other and say things like, "I am sorry that I hated you all those years. Now I choose to forgive you because of Jesus." Lol. That's supposed to resolve anything? It put the blame onto the unsuspecting person.

It is good to apologize if you stole something from someone, like a boyfriend. That way the person knows you didn't still consider it a win. If you broke a window, it's a good time to find a way to repay the person. Not to evangelize, but out of a sense of fairness.

It is similar to repentance -- we realize ways we treated people unfairly, and want to do something to repair and replace what they lost. We believe in a sense of equity and --dare I say world peace-- so our underlying goals include a better life for others.

As Christians, we see that gain is not always about money and power. In the end, we will want friendships and fairness, justice and safe living. Whatever we can do to contribute to that life is a good thing.

Upvote 0

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Absolutely you should use every opportunity to humble yourself and ask for the forgiveness of someone you may have wronged; as long as meeting or talking to that person doesn't place you in any kind of physical danger.

It is the perfect opportunity to be a witness in a powerful way. Their wounds heal quickly when they give you forgiveness. Their hearts soften, and they are better able to hear what the Holy Spirit says to them through you and others.

Upvote 0

SavedbyGod12

Apr 12, 2010
✟188.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
After we have accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior, are we to apologise to anyone that we may have done wrong to?How else would they know that we have been changed by the Grace of God?

Suzanne how does it feel to you when someone who wronged you comes to you and from their heart apologizes to you? And wants to make right the wrong they did. Not only will you be helping yourself...you will be helping them.

Im thinking 2 birds with one stone type thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mister_Al

Jun 9, 2005
✟9,656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree that there is nothing wrong with an apology if the situation calls for it. But don't let the enemy keep you under condemnation by reminding you of everyone in your past that you have ever had a problem with.

God gave you a clean slate as far as your past is concerned--old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17)--so don't be led by guilt. If the Lord feels you should make amends with someone ask Him to set it up for you and He will.

Alan

Upvote 0

SavedbyGod12

Apr 12, 2010
✟188.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I agree that there is nothing wrong with an apology if the situation calls for it. But don't let the enemy keep you under condemnation by reminding you of everyone in your past that you have ever had a problem with.

God gave you a clean slate as far as your past is concerned--old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17)--so don't be led by guilt. If the Lord feels you should make amends with someone ask Him to set it up for you and He will.

Alan

Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

I love this commadment from Jesus...I just wish everyone would obey it...then the world would be a much nicer place to live.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

DoctorJosh

Jun 7, 2010
United States of America
✟564.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

When a person first becomes a Christian or born again the second or third time, it is important to ask Forgiveness of anyone you wronged. If you cannot talk to them directly, Forgive them from your heart anyway since we must Forgive in order to be Forgiven by Jesus. So go back through your memory and Forgive any person who wronged you in the past. This lifts a huge brick off your shoulder as well and gives you a clear path to being Forgiven by the Lord Jesus. If you can tell someone directly that you are sorry, then that is up to you. As long as you Forgiven them in your heart is the most important if you can't talk to them or they don't want to talk to you.

Upvote 0