Are we going to require "sleep" in our resurrected bodies in Heaven...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This brings up other questions about our resurrected glorified spirit bodies in heaven:

Do we hunger or thirst?

Do we have sexual desire?

Do we feel pain?

Basically how do our bodies in heaven differ from the ones we have now...

Comments anyone?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I asked a radio preacher about this and he says he thinks we don't sleep or dream because there is no night in heaven,

He said that he thinks we will eat and drink because Jesus ate fish in his glorified body... Does that mean we go to the bathroom too?

He didn't comment on sexual desire, but angels fell because of sexual desire, so if were anything like angels don't or can't we have sexual desire too?

He didn't think we could feel pain because you can't harm a spirit body, but what about heartache or a broken heart?

Isn't anyone else curious about these things, if so, please comment,

God Bless!

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
TBH, I don't think Scripture is definitively clear on this; but when we enter the eternal state, we are told we will be like Christ. I don't think the resurrected and exalted Christ needs to sleep, therefore I doubt we will need sleep in the eternal state.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in Yahweh with all your heart, and don’t lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Promise #40: Trust in Me with all your heart and I will guide you.
I asked a radio preacher about this and he says he thinks we don't sleep or dream because there is no night in heaven,
Revelation 22:5
There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light.
He said that he thinks we will eat and drink because Jesus ate fish in his glorified body... Does that mean we go to the bathroom too?
The Marriage Supper of the Lamb
6 Then I heard what seemed to be A)">(A)the voice of a great multitude, like B)">(B)the roar of many waters and C)">(C)like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out,
“Hallelujah!For the Lord our God the Almighty D)">(D)reigns.7 Let us rejoice and exultand give him the glory,
for E)">(E)the marriage of the Lamb has come,and F)">(F)his Bride has made herself ready;
8 G)">(G)it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”—or the fine linen is H)">(H)the righteous deeds of the saints.9 And the angel said]">[a] to me, “Write this: I)">(I)Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, J)">(J)“These are the true words of God.”
The reasons we go to the bathroom physically will not exist, There won't be toxins our body will have to dispose of, because everything is PURE.
but angels fell because of sexual desire, so if were anything like angels don't or can't we have sexual desire too?
Sexual desire???
Satan fell because of pride. He desired to be God, not to be a servant of God. “I will...” statements in Isaiah 14:12-15. Ezekiel 28:12-15 describes Satan as an exceedingly beautiful angel. Satan desired to be God, and take over rule of the universe.
He didn't think we could feel pain because you can't harm a spirit body, but what about heartache or a broken heart?
Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death', mourning, crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Reactions: food4thought
Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BeStill makes some good points, and answers very well most of your questions/thoughts... but I think you were referring to the angels that "left their first estate" back in Noah's day, right NeoGaia? In their case I think you are correct that they felt lust in some form or another, but remember that these angels were already fallen. They fell because they followed Satan, then, corrupted as they were by sin, they felt lust for human women and did what they did (whatever that was, exactly... I don't know if sexual relations were actually involved).

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
MOD HAT ON

This thread is being moved from Exploring Christianity to General Theology as per the SOP.

Exploring Christianity is for seekers to find out more about Christianity before they consider accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and receiving His wonderful free gift of salvation.

Christians who have questions about Christianity can start a thread in their own denominational forum, or "General Theology":
http://www.christianforums.com/forums/general-theology.80/

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rik Brooks

Non-denominational with strong Baptist leanings.
Site Supporter
Nov 19, 2015
✟67,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been wondering some things along the same line.

When Christ cast out the demons into pigs they asked if he had come to torment them before their time.

So demons can be tormented... pain? Sure seems so.
So angels can be tormented since angels and demons are the same beings.

So now what if an angel and a demon fought? Could one hurt the other? I think so. But what pain? Could one kill the other? We hear they are sword wielders, can an angel cut off the arm of a demon? Would it grow back?

Of course these things aren't important enough for me to make a study. I still have so much to learn that is more important, but they are wonderful curiosities.

Rik the Seeker

Upvote 0