Are there any white people in the bible?

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,787.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I guess Pontius Pilate was white, and some of the Greek Philosophers that saint Paul encountered in Athens were probably white, but Jews weren't, they are more or less like Arabs are today.

Can you think of any white people of faith and importance in the bible?

Last edited:

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,657.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess Pontius Pilate was white, and some of the Greek Philosophers that saint Paul encountered in Athens were probably white, but Jews weren't, they are more of less like Arabs are today.

All the Greek and Roman Christians.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,524.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe Cornelius the Centurion, but I don't know what his racial profile was.

St. Paul had disciples in the various cities he visited, but it would be difficult to know if they were "white" or "semitic".

Paul's companions in Rome

In addition to Luke (who wrote Luke’s Gospel and the Acts of the Apostles while staying with Paul in 60-62AD), Paul’s companions in Rome include Timothy (see Colossians 1:1, Philippians 1:1 & 2:19-23), Aristarchus (see Acts 20:4 & 27:2), Epaphrus (see Colossians 1:7), Joshua Justus, Demas and John Mark.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,657.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You think so? A lot of them were converts from Judaism.
If by judaism you mean Jews, they would not have Greek/Roman names. For example Titus, who has the whole epistle made for him, was quite obviously a Greek.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I guess Pontius Pilate was white, and some of the Greek Philosophers that saint Paul encountered in Athens were probably white, but Jews weren't, they are more or less like Arabs are today.

I do not want to be rude but what is the point of this? did not GOD create humans all humans, white yellow black there are no differences, the same with hair colour or eye colour, can we judge people by colour, absolutely not. why do you want to know, it is the same as asking Jesus hair colour or eye colour, probably brown, yes there were probably "white skinned people" in the bible certainly. would it change your perception if you knew?
At the end we are all god's children made in his image.

Peace

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

We can speculate to a certain degree as to peoples skin color in biblical times from their geological location ... other than that we really don't know what their skin color was.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Any Asian? Any Hispanic? Any black?

Our God and His theology is beyond physical appearance. It matters nothing to Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Isn’t there a book called Romans?

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟102,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The ancient Egyptians were white

"Up to 70 percent of British men and half of all Western European men are related to the Egyptian Pharaoh Tutankhamun, geneticists in Switzerland said." (Reuters)

"The results showed that King Tut belonged to a genetic profile group, known as haplogroup R1b1a2, to which more than 50 percent of all men in Western Europe belong, indicating that they share a common ancestor. Among modern-day Egyptians this haplogroup contingent is below 1 percent, "

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟127,787.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If by judaism you mean Jews, they would not have Greek/Roman names. For example Titus, who has the whole epistle made for him, was quite obviously a Greek.
I may be wrong, but Titus looks like a Latin spelling.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Depends on who you classify as "white?" If a Greek philosopher was the grandchild of Black parents who lived in Greece, then the fact they were "Greek" could refer more to their home of origin, as well as their preferred language--not their racial ethnicity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Any Australians in the Bible?
Any Chinese?
Any South Americans?
Eskimos?

Ahh here they are "God so loved the WORLD that He gave" John 3:16
"God is not willing that ANY should perish but that ALL should come to repentance" 2 Pet 3:

Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟102,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Haplogroup J2 which includes Israelites originated in the Caucuses.
Anything that originated around the Caucuses is Caucasian descent.
Caucasian are white. J2 Haplogroup

There have been very few DNA studies made on ancient Israelites but so far Haplogroup J2 is the one found.

Last edited:
Upvote 0