Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps your tag line answers your question....

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

I don't consider one person more of a saint then the other, but I do know that there are other churches who bestow Saint hood upon certain individuals based on criteria that I don't know.

It's to these denominations that I'm really addressing.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Even the disciples were given the gift of seeing at least two of them

Indeed, but I don't think they are recognized by the RCC, for example, as saints, at least I don't know.

For myself however, I don't think Moses and Elijah were more of a (S)aint then anyone else ;)

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I guess I am confused maybe.. For a Saint is not declared a saint by man but by God through Christ.

From what I understand, some churches have (S)aints which are different from (s)aints. It's be best to get the explanation as to the difference from someone who understands this better then I do as I may mess up the difference.

I believe everyone is a saint that is chosen by God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If that's the case how come they don't seem to be as popular as the NT Saints?
I don't know about them not being as popular. We have many, many icons of the Saints in our church, and they are a mixture of OT and NT Saints. :) A small icon of Elijah is resting against the Icon of the Theotokos and baby Jesus on the Iconastasis at my church. :)

Upvote 0
B

bbbbbbb

In Austin, Texas the oldest Episcopal Church is St. David's. The Anglican Communion certainly recognizes Old Testament saints. Their focus, however, is primarily upon the Trinity and upon Jesus Christ. Therefore you will typically see Episcopal Churches called Trinity Church or Christ Church. Sometimes, you get the catch-all, All Saints Church. You can't miss with that one.

Upvote 0
B

bbbbbbb

In Austin, Texas the oldest Episcopal Church is St. David's. The Anglican Communion certainly recognizes Old Testament saints. Their focus, however, is primarily upon the Trinity and upon Jesus Christ. Therefore you will typically see Episcopal Churches called Trinity Church or Christ Church. Sometimes, you get the catch-all, All Saints Church. You can't miss with that one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums