TRWord

The Revealed Word
Nov 20, 2011
✟16,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The question I ask myself is, why is it that so many who say they believe seem to be blinded by doctrine and unable to take heed to His word?

Then again He said:

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Maybe even among those who say they believe, some are predispose to follow Him.

Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Upvote 0

Avelina777

Hearer of Faith
Nov 2, 2011
✟10,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
The question I ask myself is, why is it that so many who say they believe seem to be blinded by doctrine and unable to take heed to His word?

Then again He said:

Maybe even among those who say they believe, some are predispose to follow Him.

Actually the literal translation is all are called and few are chosen.

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nope study the actual language it was written in, All are called very few are chosen. In this case its in Matthew NT so study the ancient Greek :)

I dont see how all are called when all dont get the chance to hear the gospel. Millions upon millions of people have perished who never once had the gospel of Jesus Christ presented to them which is itself the invitation.

http://bible.cc/matthew/22-14.htm

Upvote 0

Avelina777

Hearer of Faith
Nov 2, 2011
✟10,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I dont see how all are called when all dont get the chance to hear the gospel. Millions upon millions of people have perished who never once had the gospel of Jesus Christ presented to them which is itself the invitation.

Matthew 22:14 "For many are invited, but few are chosen."

All are called means Jesus died for everyone. Take it for the context it is in. Few are chosen....means few very few will accept Jesus and fyi in the time of the end everyone will have heard gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Myshkin99

Jul 13, 2011
✟15,415.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Unbelief is a free choice. Everyone has ability to believe, but most choose to disbelieve.

I sincerely doubt this. You believe what appears to be true. If it does not appear to be true, there's no way you can believe it. One can't will oneself to believe. Or at least, I can't. Never figured out how to do that one.

The Sovereignty approach makes more scriptural sense. He will choose whom He will and He will fit others for destruction. Why is this so hard to understand?

Upvote 0

Avelina777

Hearer of Faith
Nov 2, 2011
✟10,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I sincerely doubt this. You believe what appears to be true. If it does not appear to be true, there's no way you can believe it. One can't will oneself to believe. Or at least, I can't. Never figured out how to do that one.

The Sovereignty approach makes more scriptural sense. He will choose whom He will and He will fit others for destruction. Why is this so hard to understand?

Well Jesus gave us free will...He died for anyone...believe is the wrong Word I believe there, we all have the chance to come to faith through Jesus Christ, we all do, Christ died for everyone, not everyone will accept Christ, it is sad but true. If the later was true of what you said then God could have just created a bunch of robots, and it sounds cruel, that is not God.

Upvote 0

Avelina777

Hearer of Faith
Nov 2, 2011
✟10,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Well then tell me what to do to believe. How do I believe? I want to.

Well accept Christ into your heart and He will lead the way. Pray alot always in His name. Study read the Bible. And find a good church, i love mine, check it out www.teachingfaith.com. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

TRWord

The Revealed Word
Nov 20, 2011
✟16,164.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well then tell me what to do to believe. How do I believe? I want to.

Believe that Jesus Christ was the Son that was promised “God Himself in the flesh among us.” And if you believe that He was God then threat everything He said as if God Himself was speaking.
And most of all run from doctrine, this confusion is of man and not of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tackattack

Non-Denominational Church of God, Anderson
Aug 13, 2010
Virginia
✟15,713.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you can believe anything you aren't open to believing. If you are sure that Christianity is False, or the Bible is false, or God isn't real then you're not open to the possibility of being wrong. That's the definition of the Christian idiom of a hardened heart. It makes the stubborn even more willful and cease to hear God. I also believes it prevents a lot of unbelievers from seeing God in their everyday life or however he reveals Himeself to them.

The road to Christianity I believe started out with me realizing that I needed help because, on my own I was ineffective. Then I came to realize I had done lots of bad things and was a sinner (although I didn't use that word then). Then I gave up my imperfect control to Christ and repented of all my transgressions. Then I picked up a Bible (again) and read it cover to cover. Then I began asking questions and fellowshiping with other Christians(also over the reading process I'd have conversations), etc.

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
fyi in the time of the end everyone will have heard gospel.

Not those who have already perished before hand. I realize the gospel will be preached to all the nations before the end comes but this doesnt apply to the millions upon millions who have perished many many years ago without ever hearing the gospel message of Christ.

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Exactly.

Upvote 0

RobertZ

Feb 26, 2009
Gastonia NC
✟4,414.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well accept Christ into your heart and He will lead the way. Pray alot always in His name. Study read the Bible. And find a good church, i love mine, check it out www.teachingfaith.com. :thumbsup:

Where does the Bible tell us to accept Christ into our hearts? Praying and reading the Bible are results of already being born again for the unregenerate do not have a desire to do these things nor does a person become saved by doing these things for we are saved by grace through faith and that not of ourselves.

Upvote 0