Are our problems all faith problems?

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
Well, that and our inheritance (rightful lot of land) being stolen.

What land? I take it you're refrering to the OT land management system that locks in the original land owners as the perpetual land owners? Since I'm not part of one of the original land owning families, I'm out in the cold.

Upvote 0

The Dreamer

Apr 11, 2012
✟422.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What land? I take it you're refrering to the OT land management system that locks in the original land owners as the perpetual land owners? Since I'm not part of one of the original land owning families, I'm out in the cold.

There are some things..that are just off limits.

The kingdom is right in front of everyone's face. I'd encourage everyone to just look.

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
The Dreamer, how about you stop being so cryptic and tell us what you are saying plainly. Otherwise, you're bound to be misinterpreted.

I think that all Christians are entitled to about a square centimeter of Israeli land. You know, cause we're spiritual descendents of Abraham.

Upvote 0

The Dreamer

Apr 11, 2012
✟422.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Dreamer, how about you stop being so cryptic and tell us what you are saying plainly. Otherwise, you're bound to be misinterpreted.

Oh, didn't see this.

Yea...the thing is, even when I tell people plainly (and I have, you've probably seen it too), and it's so obvious, they still don't care, or want to see.

I have good reasons for the crypto...

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have a hard time as well saying they are faith issues.

Yes, one can say you should believe God to heal your dog. The Gospels say Jesus healed all who cam to him. I see healings today, but its no where near all even when people came to Jesus! I can't explain what God is doing.

As for work and more pay, clearly that is the answer, get training for a job that will pay a better salary. But that isn't easy where there is little time and one doesn't have the finances to take more classes. But I did hear a story of a guy from TX once that impressed me. He started applying for ever job that he thought he could remotely do if they were paying a considerable larger salary. So a lot of jobs he didn't hear from, but he did get some job interviews. If nothing else he was getting better at answering questions at interviews. Just over a year later and close to 25 interviews he got a job that payed twice as much. Learn on the job and ask a lot of questions about what one doesn't know!

So was that faith? Well it wasn't a job that came without work. But one can say he was believing he would find a much better job! Then there is always the verse, faith without works is dead. So now faith is everything and everything is faith.

anyways, them are my thoughts.

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
OK So I went back and re-listened to the sermon and what he said was "If you're in bondage, it's really a faith issue". So does that change things?

Dayhiker, getting a different job (unless it's a different SECOND job) is not an option I am willing to consider. I have it good at my day job. I make more than I would if I went elsewhere, AND my insurance it totally paid for, AND he matches money I put in my HSA acct AND he matches 50% what I put in my IRA acct. I get 2 weeks paid vacation a year, paid on the anniversary of my hire date (no matter when I take vacation) and he is very flexible about my needs, if I need to come in late or leave early due to kid's dr appts etc. Grant it, I don't get paid when I leave early or come in late, but I have never worked at a job where they paid your whole medical benefits for your whole family AND matched your HSA so...

Now as far as Job having a faith issue, I think he did. Not for himself, but for his family (and probably rightly so) he was always sacrificing offerings just in case someone sinned, and at some point in his sufferings, he did state that what he feared had come upon him. BUT even still GOD knew Job and knew what he was made of and that's why he "let" Satan do what he did to Job. I don't think GOD necessarily causes our bad circumstances, but rather uses those for good for those that love Him and for His glory.

If anything I can use what the pastor said to help grow my faith and to study so that in the future I will not let myself get into this bondage. As far as the dog, it's just a sick broken world we live in, but I can still believe that God will heal my dog. Whether she lives or dies, she will be healed. It would be a wonderful testimony to my son if God DID heal her, but I trust God enough that even if she dies, our faith will not be shaken.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums