Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
i think you should at least have the courtesy to place this quote in some overall context. This alone looks like a poor snapshot of a much larger thread.

As to SDA and Messianics, I cannot say as personally I have never met (at least that I know of) any of them, denominationally I am AoG, but my theology is much more Messianic than pentecostal.

Steve
:confused:
Not sure I understand....Can you elaborate? Thanks

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You might want to start another thread on the subject of the comparisons between SDA and Messianic.. there is a lot of differences.
That sounds like a good idea especially from what I have been seeing on the "whole sabbath issue" thread.
Letsame ponder on it awhile. Gob bless :wave: :hug:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think Messianics are much more biblically sound than other Christian denominations or sects.
That is not for me to judge nor will I debate that here.

What I find interesting is that one sect of Messianics is on the Unorthodox Board while another Messianic Sect is on the Faith Groups board.

If CF put the Messianic Way Sect on the Unorthodox board, along with the JW's and LDS Sects, does that mean they are determined by CF not to be "biblically sound"? Just curious. Thoughts? :wave:

Unorthodox Theology - Christian Forums
Unorthodox Theology

The Messianic Way - Christian Forums
The Messianic Way

Faith Groups - Christian Forums
Faith Groups

Messianic Judaism - Christian Forums
Messianic Judaism

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

What I find interesting is that one sect of Messianics is on the Unorthodox Board while another Messianic Sect is on the Faith Groups board.

If CF put the Messianic Way Sect on the Unorthodox board, along with the JW's and LDS Sects, does that mean they are determined by CF not to be "biblically sound"? Just curious. Thoughts? :wave:

Unorthodox Theology

The Messianic Way

Faith Groups

Messianic Judaism

Hi Steve,

The Messianic Judaism forum is the congregational forum for Messianics, while the Messianic Way forum is a forum created for discussions (debate) between Messianics and Jews. The Messianic Christians agree by and large with orthodox Christianity.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi Steve,

The Messianic Judaism forum is the congregational forum for Messianics, while the Messianic Way forum is a forum created for discussions (debate) between Messianics and Jews. The Messianic Christians agree by and large with orthodox Christianity.
So that specific board is where any non-Christian can come and debate on the Unorthodox Board?

Jews and for that matter Muslims, Hindus, Budhists etc are all non-Christians correct?

For myself, I find debating Jews can be "detrimental" to ones Christian faith if they are not exceedingly strong in the Faith of Jesus.

I have know some Messianic Jews on CF in the past to leave JESUS and become Orthodox Jews.
Thanks for clarifying that though Hentenza :wave:

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic

Unorthodox Theology

The Messianic Way

Faith Groups

Messianic Judaism
CF's determination is based on historical position.. not necessarily biblically sound..

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So that specific board is where any non-Christian can come and debate on the Unorthodox Board?

Jews and for that matter Muslims, Hindus, Budhists etc are all non-Christians correct?

For myself, I find debating Jews can be "detrimental" to ones Christian faith if they are not exceedingly strong in the Faith of Jesus.

I have know some Messianic Jews on CF in the past to leave JESUS and become Orthodox Jews.
Thanks for clarifying that though Hentenza :wave:

Well, MW was not specifically designed for atheists to debate Jews. The intent was so that Jews could respond to Messianics since they could not in MJ. UT is in fact an open board so all can post but most that post there are not atheists but folks that hold unorthodox views.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, MW was not specifically designed for atheists to debate Jews. The intent was so that Jews could respond to Messianics since they could not in MJ. UT is in fact an open board so all can post but most that post there are not atheists but folks that hold unorthodox views.
I have witnessed a lot of debates between Messianics and non-Christian Orthodox Jews and most of the time, it wasn't very "pretty".

I used to dialogue with Jews on the NCR board but it seems many have left and they were usually friendly so I also want to respectively ask why the Messianics do not debate the Jews on the NCR board? Thanks :wave:

Non-Christian Religion - Christian Forums
Non-Christian Religion

Upvote 0

Hentenza

Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have witnessed a lot of debates between Messianics and non-Christian Orthodox Jews and most of the time, it wasn't very "pretty".

I used to dialogue with Jews on the NCR board but it seems many have left and they were usually friendly so I also want to respectively ask why the Messianics do not debate the Jews on the NCR board? Thanks :wave:

Non-Christian Religion - Christian Forums
Non-Christian Religion

Mmmm....that I don't know. I can only guess that after the opening of MW then they had a place of their own to debate but that's just a guess.

Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
...........As I have noticed while comparing translations of different verses in the Bible, even the most literal translations can suddenly depart from literalism, perhaps visit the Greek Septuagint and abandon the Hebrew translation for a single verse, whenever some highly cherished doctrine might be threatened by a truly literal translation. Rule of thumb : you should never, ever rely exclusively on one single translation.) ....:idea:

Yep, always good to consider various translations.

In fact, the speakers and writers in the NT did that in regard to the versions of the "OT" (i.e. "the Scriptures") then extant, and often quoted or even paraphrased the one that best fit their purpose at the moment.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
There is more to it that just a name of Christian... there is 2000 years of misuse of the term by certain parties over the years, that have cast a bad rep on those of us who are believers. Rather than continue an unfavorable light that the name "christian" has caused in some circles, Messianic upon returning to a more Judaic Yeshua style of worship found that it is simpler to explain their faith in the name of Messianic Judaism, messianics, believers, and the Way as a way to avoid the memory of the "christian' in context of persecutors..that the name bring up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is more to it that just a name of Christian...

there is 2000 years of misuse of the term by certain parties over the years, that have cast a bad rep on those of us who are believers. Rather than continue an unfavorable light that the name "christian" has caused in some circles, Messianic upon returning to a more Judaic Yeshua style of worship found that it is simpler to explain their faith in the name of Messianic Judaism, messianics, believers, and the Way as a way to avoid the memory of the "christian' in context of persecutors..that the name bring up.
What were some of the misuses and what parties would those be today? Thanks

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What were some of the misuses and what parties would those be today? Thanks

To me..it sure seems like why Paul wrote Galatians.
He wrote it to saved Christians,who were reverting to a different Gospel.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
To me..it sure seems like why Paul wrote Galatians.
He wrote it to saved Christians,who were reverting to a different Gospel.
The Gospel of the Pharisees and Sadducees :thumbsup:

Gala 1:8 But also if-ever we or a messenger out of heaven should be well-messaging to ye beside which we well-messagizing to ye, anathema/anaqema <331> let him be.
9 As we have declared before and at present again I am saying if any is well-messagizing beside which ye beside got, anathema let him be.

Reve 22:3and every anathema/kat-anaqema <2652> not shall be still. And the throne of the God/YHWH and of the Lamb-kin/Word in Her shall be, and His bond-servants shall be offering divine-service to Him.

Upvote 0