Are Clinton's Catholics getting things backwards?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Leaked emails have highlighted that some of the Democratic presidential nominee's closest advisors are dissenters who have lobbied for changes to Church teaching on key moral issues.

Continued below.
http://m.ncregister.com/51298/d#.WAot60b3bCQ

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I seems like the Democrat party is always trying to attack Christianity so I think their goal is to replace Christianity with a liberal, humanistic religion where they control everyone through big government like North Korea and the former Soviet Union.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Let's say, theoretically, that an average email is 200 words, and I believe 12,000 Podesta emails have now been linked. That's 24,000 words...

Do you think it's fair to jump to outrageous conclusions and indict people on the basis of 30 words out of 24,000 said?

Would you like to be indicted on the basis of 30 words out of every 24,000 you speak or write? Would you think it's fair if people made outrageous assumptions and spun entire conspiracy theories on the basis of 30 words you spoke out of 24,000?

Podesta is a Georgetown law professor and a Georgetown graduate. According to a recent Washington Post article, he has always practiced his faith and said it was very important to him (another reason why these outrageous spin-doctored conspiracy theories must be so hurtful to him).

I believe him. Are we in for another Catholic Inquisition? Haven't we learned from the mistakes of past centuries? Sadly, some haven't.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Clinton is an evil woman who has openly said those of us with old fashion moral ideas and beliefs need to change our beliefs. She is one of the few people on this earth that I'd just as soon see get hit by a truck tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Clinton is an evil woman who has openly said those of us with old fashion moral ideas and beliefs need to change our beliefs. She is one of the few people on this earth that I'd just as soon see get hit by a truck tomorrow.
Gee, you don't think anyone you disagree with should change THEIR beliefs?

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
i wouldn't go that far.
this is America, and she's entitled to have her beliefs which the Constitution protects. I just wish she would let the rest of us have ours as well.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Let's say, theoretically, that an average email is 200 words, and I believe 12,000 Podesta emails have now been linked. That's 24,000 words...

Do you think it's fair to jump to outrageous conclusions and indict people on the basis of 30 words out of 24,000 said?

Where have you been? I haven't met anyone who doesn't know the Democrat party promotes abortion, contraception, gay marriage, and transgenderism. Given the party's love for big government and disparagement of religion that opposes it's ideology, why is it hard to believe they want to get the Catholic Church to overturn it's teaching in favor of the views their activists promote and try to shove down our throats?

Podesta is a Georgetown law professor and a Georgetown graduate. According to a recent Washington Post article, he has always practiced his faith and said it was very important to him (another reason why these outrageous spin-doctored conspiracy theories must be so hurtful to him).

I won't judge Podesta since I don't know anything about him so I will just say in general that every "heretic" (as defined by your Church) says he's a true believer and that his faith is important to him. Words are meaningless. Actions are what matters.

Are we in for another Catholic Inquisition? Haven't we learned from the mistakes of past centuries? Sadly, some haven't.

Sadly, you haven't learned the reason for the Inquisition. There are people trying to destroy your church from within by pretending to be devout faithful Catholics while seeking to undermine and change your church's teaching. If Catholics don't wake up, your church will be ruined by them.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private

That's not what that link shows! That link only shows that most Democrats identify as Christians. Most Protestants identified as Catholics during the Protestant rebellion of the 16th century. Your church needed to launch an Inquisition and use torture to get them to identify as Protestants to prevent them from destroying your church from within.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

I agree with Hillary, there are definitely some moral ideas and beliefs that need to be changed. Like these, wouldn't you agree?

Exclusive: Trump supporters more likely to view blacks negatively - Reuters/Ipsos poll

Nearly half of Trump's supporters described African Americans as more "violent" than whites. The same proportion described African Americans as more "criminal" than whites, while 40 percent described them as more "lazy" than whites.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's not what that link shows! That link only shows that most Democrats identify as Christians. Most Protestants identified as Catholics during the Protestant rebellion of the 16th century. Your church needed to launch an Inquisition and use torture to get them to identify as Protestants to prevent them from destroying your church from within.
Oh, so they're ONLY PRETENDING to be Christians. What, to lull us into a false sense of security? Please.

• Agree
Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I agree, there are definitely some moral ideas and beliefs that need to be changed. Like these, wouldn't you agree?

Exclusive: Trump supporters more likely to view blacks negatively - Reuters/Ipsos poll

Nearly half of Trump's supporters described African Americans as more "violent" than whites. The same proportion described African Americans as more "criminal" than whites, while 40 percent described them as more "lazy" than whites.

Why do you feel those beliefs need to be changed? FBI crime statistics show African Americans commit more violent crimes than whites and welfare statistics show they collect more welfare than whites. Why not find ways of reducing violent crime and poverty among African Americans instead of pretending it's not a problem?

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with Hillary, there are definitely some moral ideas and beliefs that need to be changed. Like these, wouldn't you agree?

She was talking, at the time, about all us backwards Christians that think abortion is bad. If you want to muddy things up, go ahead.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Why do you feel those beliefs need to be changed? FBI crime statistics show African Americans commit more violent crimes than whites and welfare statistics show they collect more welfare than whites. Why not find ways of reducing violent crime and poverty among African Americans instead of pretending it doesn't exist?

What does reducing violent crime and poverty have to do with the fact that according to a reputable poll nearly 1/2 of Trump supporters are racists? Just curious.

And again, don't you think these racist beliefs should be changed?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
She was talking, at the time, about all us backwards Christians that think abortion is bad. If you want to muddy things up, go ahead.
So, what, only beliefs about abortion are the ones that people aren't allowed to think people should change?
Logical+Fallacy+09+-+Special+Pleading.png

• Agree
Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
She was talking, at the time, about all us backwards Christians that think abortion is bad.

As a Catholic I agree with her 100%, we do need to revisit our stance on birth control and a woman's right to control her own body.

• Winner
Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Oh, so they're ONLY PRETENDING to be Christians.

I didn't say that. It's against the rules for me to make that judgment on this forum.

What, to lull us into a false sense of security? Please.

Catholic popes have warned about it for decades and denounced liberalism as an evil heresy, warning that liberals identifying as Catholics are trying to destroy the Catholic Church from within.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say that. It's against the rules for me to make that judgment on this forum.
Sure looked like what you were saying to me.
Catholic popes have warned about it for decades and denounced liberalism as an evil heresy, warning that liberal "Catholics" are trying to destroy the Catholic Church from within.
Got a citation there, champ?

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Gee, you don't think anyone you disagree with should change THEIR beliefs?

Wanting someone to change their immoral beliefs to accept godly beliefs is virtuous. Trying to get Christians to get rid of their godly beliefs to accept Satanic beliefs and tolerate sins that cry out to God for vengeance is reprehensible.

• Agree
Upvote 0