Visit site
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
OK so I REALLY like the sound of Arch Enemy's new album.....however I can not get past the anti God themes!! (Bloodstained Cross, Cult of Chaos) is there any suggestions for music similar to this maybe with a different theme or possibly even Christian??? Thanks!

Last edited:

BUCKFANDAN

Metalhead in Training
Mar 2, 2007
Tampa, FL USA
Visit site
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
T

Theofane

@BUCKFANDAN

OK so I REALLY like the sound of Arch Enemy's new album.....however I can not get past the anti God themes!!

I can relate. There's this one Black Sabbath song I really dig because of the theme and message, called War Pigs. It's the most viscerally powerful anti-war song I've ever heard.But everything else about Ozzie Osborne/Black Sabbath is hateful to me because of my Christian sensibilities. Haver you ever listened to artists like Arch Enemy and wondered why the demonic "heavy metal" vibrations are strangely appealing?

Upvote 0

BUCKFANDAN

Metalhead in Training
Mar 2, 2007
Tampa, FL USA
Visit site
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes I like War Pigs too. Have you heard the Sabbath song Lord of this World??? It actually has a good message....reminds me of the Screwtape Letters......

And no....I don't think there is anything demonic about the "vibrations" themselves....its just a form of rock music. Even though it may have started from something bad doesn't mean the original artists didn't come up with a creative new style that we can all enjoy ;)

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
@BUCKFANDAN

I can relate. There's this one Black Sabbath song I really dig because of the theme and message, called War Pigs. It's the most viscerally powerful anti-war song I've ever heard.But everything else about Ozzie Osborne/Black Sabbath is hateful to me because of my Christian sensibilities. Haver you ever listened to artists like Arch Enemy and wondered why the demonic "heavy metal" vibrations are strangely appealing?

If you do a bit of research on Ozzy and Sabbath, they actually weren't all that bad. They did some odd perspectives, now and then, but most of it came out with good messages (well...apart from a few songs, like NIB - which was quite iffy).

Look up the Sabbath song "After Forever", for instance. Great message about faith in God over the world.

Anyway...I can't really give any good recommendations for Arch Enemy-like bands. I love Arch Enemy, but don't listen to much in that style of metal, really. 'Bout the only Swedish metal groups I can think of off the top of my head are Meshuggah (which I love) and In Flames (who are amazing, and the closest I got to Arch Enemy).

Upvote 0