Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
my mama is 94, and lives by herself in the house she's lived in for 60 or so years. she's belonged to the same local denominational church for most of that time, and 'raised' me and my brother and sister in the same church. we're all Christians. Last Friday night, mama started showing symptoms of a bad cold; aches and pains, runaway sinuses, chest congestion, weakness, etc. (she's okay now by the way). By Monday morning her symptoms were worse and her temperature was just short of 100, and after she saw the doctor we all met down at her house. The doctor was concerned it might be pneumonia and scheduled some tests for her on Tuesday; he also prescribed a medication for mama, so she started taking that Monday night. The 4 of us (my brother-in-law was there too) laid hands on mama and prayed over her. We thanked God for releasing the power to heal her at the whipping post; and since we had already spoken to her symptoms over the weekend, we promised God that we would stand on His promises to mama of health, and not be moved by any other report, even that of her own body. I talked to her on Tuesday after work and she was vastly improved; her voice and sinuses were back to normal, she wasn't coughing as much, had no fever, and feeling much better. When I talked to her today, she said she had to stop taking the medicine because it didn't agree with her, but still sounded good.

a few years ago, mama started having pains in her groin, and tests showed that she had a fairly large kidney stone. the doctors decided to try to break it up (ultrasound i think, not surgery because of her age) so it would pass, and scheduled this for the next day. mama and i prayed together that night, cursed the kidney stone and told it to dissolve, and claimed her healing based on Jesus' sacrifice at the whipping post. when she went to the hospital the next day to have the procedure, they couldn't find the stone; they said she must have somehow passed it, or more likely it may have broken up naturally and then she passed the pieces. she hasn't had a kidney stone since.

the thing about miracle healing (outside of a healing service where a miracle healing would also serve as a 'sign') is that it's usually subtle, seldom spectacular; looking back after the fact it takes effort to remember that the prayer of faith saved the sick - there's usually other, non-spiritual things that could be credited. i'd bet that every Christian has experienced miracle healing without realizing this; attributing the symptoms to non-serious natural causes. for example, most people have had sharp pains in their chest, prayed the prayer of faith that saves the sick, had no more symptoms, and just assumed it wasn't really a heart attack to begin with, likely just gas...

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,148.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
DiscipleHeLovesToo Thanks so much for sharing! Yes, I'm sure lots of times we get answers to prayers and think maybe there was some natural reason.

I will share something with y'all, feeling kinda shy to do so. As mentioned I have been researching medically documented and doctor verified healings, plus anecdotal reports to build up my own faith and to study how others got healed so I can get my own healing. Really there doesn't seem to be any one size story fits all, as can be seen in this string. Of course faith is the key for everyone though, whether of the sick person and/or another person.

So the Q was how do you build up your faith? From Kathryn Kuhlman and some others I have learned you don't seek faith but seek our Savior and faith becomes a by product. So then I had to study up on the best ways to do that! I will not go into details at this point as I do not yet have my own healing to report. However I do have something to report. Well, as I have progressed it has been sort of like a baby learning to walk. Most of the time I have been crawling, so to speak. (Now, I hasten to add I have had enough faith to get all kinds of other prayers answered in the past so I'm not a basket case. Lol.) But sometimes I have made a baby step or two of progress. I would feel I was indeed getting closer to Him and this brought joy - also sometimes a non condemnatory realization of more of my faults! When I was feeling closer to Him I forgot all about the healing! I saw, more in my heart than before, where it really counts, that HE is our greatest joy and satisfaction.

Anyway I am still researching and studying up on this topic and plan to come back and report a healing before too very long. :)

Thanks so much everyone who shares. It is such a gift to us all.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i agree with you Sister - we'll be hearing your healing testimony soon!!!

to me, there's a concept that applies consistently to every healing i've received, and those i haven't received yet (i still haven't received healing from mild nearsightedness yet for example). the concept is that faith is a constant - a gift from God that everyone receives an equal portion of - a tiny 'mustard-seed-sized' faith or 'little faith'. faith (believing God) is opposed by unbelief (not believing God, which is believing the devil's lies without realizing it), much like two teams of horses tied to the same wagon on opposite ends. if the two teams each have the same number of horses, the wagon doesn't move; the two teams pull equally in opposite directions - this is a 'faith is bound' situation. but if one horse is removed from the 'unbelief' team, the 'faith' team can begin to move the wagon, dragging the 'unbelief' team backwards - this is the 'faith is released <effective faith>'' situation. if the unbelief team is completely removed, the faith team can easily and immediately move the wagon. so in order to release faith for healing, i must reduce my unbelief rather than increase my faith

Luk 17:5-6 KJV
(5) And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.
(6) And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i agree with you Sister - we'll be hearing your healing testimony soon!!!

to me, there's a concept that applies consistently to every healing i've received, and those i haven't received yet (i still haven't received healing from mild nearsightedness yet for example). the concept is that faith is a constant - a gift from God that everyone receives an equal portion of - a tiny 'mustard-seed-sized' faith or 'little faith'. faith (believing God) is opposed by unbelief (not believing God, which is believing the devil's lies without realizing it), much like two teams of horses tied to the same wagon on opposite ends. if the two teams each have the same number of horses, the wagon doesn't move; the two teams pull equally in opposite directions - this is a 'faith is bound' situation. but if one horse is removed from the 'unbelief' team, the 'faith' team can begin to move the wagon, dragging the 'unbelief' team backwards - this is the 'faith is released <effective faith>'' situation. if the unbelief team is completely removed, the faith team can easily and immediately move the wagon. so in order to release faith for healing, i must reduce my unbelief rather than increase my faith

(6) And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

i should have included this scripture too:

Mat 17:19-20 KJV
(19) Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
(20) And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i didn't get that like i should have; let me try again:

to illustrate, let me take a bit of liberty with scripture for a moment:

(6) And the Lord said, If ye had <effective> faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
text enclosed in "<>" added by me

Mat 17:19-20 KJV
(19) Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
(20) And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

this would have been the perfect place for Jesus to say 'because of your lack of faith' or 'because your faith was too small'; but instead He said 'because of your unbelief'

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
in other words, faith and unbelief exist together in every believer; it's the combined effect that does or does not produce desired results - with faith being constant and unbelief the variable, we release faith by reducing the amount we meditate on things that oppose God's healing words (such as medical tests and the physical body's 'reports' of pain, etc.) and focus on God's healing words instead ('cast down imaginations...that exalt themselves against the knowledge of God, and bringing our thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ')

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,148.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
in other words, faith and unbelief exist together in every believer; it's the combined effect that does or does not produce desired results - with faith being constant and unbelief the variable, we release faith by reducing the amount we meditate on things that oppose God's healing words (such as medical tests and the physical body's 'reports' of pain, etc.) and focus on God's healing words instead ('cast down imaginations...that exalt themselves against the knowledge of God, and bringing our thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ')

Makes sense. One thing that it seems to me I am seeing is that faith is not believing that Abba can help us, but believing that we will help us.

"Casting down vain imaginations" is so important indeed!

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
actually, it's believing that God 'hath <already> given' (helped) us. the first step is seeing from His word that He always wants reborn believers to be well ('faith begins where the will of God is known' - Rom 10:17, Mat 8:2,3); then seeing from His word that we have authority over sickness (Mat 10:8); and that we are actually the healed fighting off sickness rather than the sick trying to get healed (1Peter 2:24; Isaiah 532:4,5; Mat 8:16,17); and that the weapons of our warfare against sickness (and every other form of the curse of the law) are words spoken from heart-belief (Rev 12:11) regardless of doubts in the head (Mar 9:24)

2Pe 1:1-4 KJV
(1) Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
(2) Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
(3) According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
(4) Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these <exceeding great and precious promises> ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
text enclosed in "<>" added by me

we're not waiting on God to give, He's waiting on us to receive :)

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,894.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have been researching medically documented healing miracles and medically verified instances of people being raised from the dead. They really are happening, with doctor reports, x rays and medical records being shown of before and after. For ex., my faves would be found in CBN clips of Dean Braxton and cardiologist Dr. Chauncey Crandall where people are seen who were raised from prolonged death to life and health. I have seen an opthamologist giving her report on a Ronald Coyne who had an artificial eye but saw (before he died after many years) with or without it from the empty eye socket after a faith healer prayed for him. I have seen medical reports on people healed during Kathryn Kuhlman's ministry.

But...I'd like to hear from any "regular folk" who have seen medical miracles, too, if you can share. If you don't believe in miracles and want to advise me to discount it all, that's fine. But too late. As I said, I've done research and I though I used to wonder, now I have no doubt Messiah is "the same yesterday, today and tomorrow" and is still healing people and raising them from the dead.

His case is amazing.....

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,148.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
His case is amazing.....

Amazing indeed. I think Bruce Van Natta's case is almost as amazing. He had all but about 10% of his small intestines removed as the result of a horrific accident and was expected to die in a matter of months, from malnutrition. While he was in the hospital a man in another state was told by the Lord to go and lay hands on him and pray for him. Most of his small intestines came back instantly when that happened.

This is extremely well documented and was even aired on secular t.v. with the involved surgeons admitting that the intestines miraculously appeared, showing before and after X Rays etc. etc.

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums