Anyone else tired of the police-hate threads

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Is anyone else sick of how people are cherry picking isolated incidents (some not even known as a fact but alleged) to point a bony finger at cops, yet not a single thread about police protecting the people, putting their lives on the lives, saving others (etc etc etc).......which they do on a daily basis. I guess that's not "newsworthy" enough or just cause to get one's gut tied in a self-righteous knot. Nah, let's just cop bash and paint them all with a broad brushstroke. :rolleyes:

Yes, there are bad cops who sometimes do bad things. I hope they are all brought to justice. But using these incidents to pile on to the oh-so-trendy cop hate is lame. You could cherry pick any group like that and the implications of an entire group that just as nonsensical.

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is anyone else sick of how people are cherry picking isolated incidents (some not even known as a fact but alleged) to point a bony finger at cops, yet not a single thread about police protecting the people, putting their lives on the lives, saving others (etc etc etc).......which they do on a daily basis. I guess that's not "newsworthy" enough or just cause to get one's gut tied in a self-righteous knot. Nah, let's just cop bash and paint them all with a broad brushstroke. :rolleyes:

Yes, there are bad cops who sometimes do bad things. I hope they are all brought to justice. But using these incidents to pile on to the oh-so-trendy cop hate is lame. You could cherry pick any group like that and the implications of an entire group that just as nonsensical.
It would be lame if Independant police auditing were normal.
It would be lame if police didn't have the monopoly on violence or if as someone would police the police besides themselves.
It wouldn't get as much traction if their actions in aggregate were not the result of class war.
Admit you have a self righteous knot of your own, just a little.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It's self-righteous to point out how sheeple are dog piling on cops and painting an unfair picture of them? Curious definition of the word.

Speaking of curious, saying they "have the monopoly on violence" is borderline loony, given the all the people committing violent crimes...which often (but not always of course) necessitates a "violent" response to stop them.

And last time I checked, cops in general aren't carrying out a reign of terror doing whatever they please in some nazi-like fashion, as these posters would have us believe. It's this deluded and ridiculous attitude I'm addressing.

Finally, you also ignored - further proving my point - that this represents an extremely tiny minority of cops, to say nothing of ignoring all the good ones in general.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Its lame that threads like this one want to bury all the bad the cops do for the sake of making them look like good guys. Some of them are good people, but the majority of them that i have seen are racist. My wife and i have never been in trouble and are law abiding citizens. But last year my wife was walking on the sidewalk with our baby and four police cars pulled up and harassed her cause they said she was "suspicious". Its not the first time this has happened, another time i was holding my wifes hand and were harassed by the police. I believe in protecting my own family and will never call a cop to handle my own business.

Now some cops are great people. But most aren't because power does currupt and the few bad apples are rotting the whole batch ( 1 corinthians 15:33). So i support that we should post the good and the bad on CF. But if your noticing more negative stories on police violence then there might be something wrong with the police and not the stories.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It's not just cops. Think about another example -- companies. You're likely going to hear more negative opinions than positive when it comes to working there. It's not that there are more unhappy than happy people; just the unhappy ones are normally the only ones to make a point of discussing it.

Same goes for cops. Most don't have an issue. Most, truth be told, take them for granted... but when a bad thing happens then yes it highlights the negatives more so than the every day good deeds done by cops are highlighted by anything like those 'random acts of kindness' by cops videos.

It's a strange thing, really.

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's like the America haters. People always hate America until they need us to help them.Then we become the greatest compassionate savior on their lips.
And those that are in this country and hate America. They're still here they just hate everything they have because they're here.

Same with cop haters. Cops suck! Until the hater needs them. A lot of it is trolling I think. And other hatred is simply a matter of racism finding an inroad to express itself. Hate is born of fear and insecurity. Why let that bother us when the haters suffer so from those ailments that when given a chance they vocalize their pain as a release?

Until they need a cop to save them.

Is anyone else sick of how people are cherry picking isolated incidents (some not even known as a fact but alleged) to point a bony finger at cops, yet not a single thread about police protecting the people, putting their lives on the lives, saving others (etc etc etc).......which they do on a daily basis. I guess that's not "newsworthy" enough or just cause to get one's gut tied in a self-righteous knot. Nah, let's just cop bash and paint them all with a broad brushstroke.

Upvote 0

Soma Seer

Sep 19, 2015
✟8,555.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Is anyone else sick of how people are cherry picking isolated incidents (some not even known as a fact but alleged) to point a bony finger at cops, yet not a single thread about police protecting the people, putting their lives on the lives, saving others (etc etc etc).......?

To answer your question: yes, I am tired of it.

Agreed.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your lost me with your argument as soon as I saw the word "sheeple". I hate it when people use that term. like its a bad thing

If you're a child of Christ. that is exactly what you are. a sheep, led by the Good Shepherd, but most americans refuse to relinquish control of our lives to Christ. I know. I am American and I do it all the time to my regret.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's like the America haters. People always hate America until they need us to help them.Then we become the greatest compassionate savior on their lips.
And those that are in this country and hate America. They're still here they just hate everything they have because they're here.

Same with cop haters. Cops suck! Until the hater needs them. A lot of it is trolling I think. And other hatred is simply a matter of racism finding an inroad to express itself. Hate is born of fear and insecurity. Why let that bother us when the haters suffer so from those ailments that when given a chance they vocalize their pain as a release?

Until they need a cop to save them.

The cops i have seen are the racist and are just as bad as the criminals they chase. I for one have never called a cop and i am fully capable of protecting my own family without a babysitter. God bless the good ones as i would love to hear some good stories about the police. But i will not hide my head in the sand and ignore the bad stories that they are also committing. I will continue to pray for them and this great nation, but i will never call the police to handle my responsibility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kersh

Jan 23, 2016
Michigan
✟24,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am a an attorney who does a substantial amount of criminal defense, so if anyone has reason the be leery of the cops, it is I. I have had interactions with many police officers and conducted thorough investigations into individual arrests made by these officers. I have come to the conclusion that the vast majority of police are decent people who try their best to execute justice fairly and reasonably. Sometimes, good cops make errors in judgment or in understanding and applying the law. And, sometimes cops are just jerks. But these are a relatively small minority of situations. Sadly, I have noticed that much of the anti-cop sentiment is setting people up to be more confrontational with police officers who are just trying to do their jobs. As a result, this places lives at risk and seriously increases the chance of earning a felony charge.

Upvote 0

Blondepudding

Who Sprinkled You With Grumpy Dust?
Dec 26, 2015
Here and now
✟19,720.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
In a word, yes!

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single

sooooo people should just remain quite about it and not voice their opinions.... ya because that will lead to great changes.

reminds me of when the founding fathers understood that some british kings could be absolute toffs but the great majority were okay to work with so they just sat back and didn't revolt.

yep...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kersh

Jan 23, 2016
Michigan
✟24,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe people should tell the police to stop doing bad things instead of complaining about people who point out the bad things being done? :scratch:
tulc(just a thought) :sorry:
when members of x group do bad things, it reflects poorly on x group. But non-members if x group need also be careful not to blame x group for the isolated actions of some of its members.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
when members of x group do bad things, it reflects poorly on x group. But non-members if x group need also be careful not to blame x group for the isolated actions of some of its members.

sure but what if group x has been shown to hide evidence of its wrongdoings on multiple occasions over and over again?

Upvote 0

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Think again. Broad brush strokes that encompass all police as bad is stupid.

Most people don't do that. However, I see all too many who refuse to admit that the police ever do anything wrong, especially if the victim isn't white.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's complicated by the proliferation of cell phone cameras. So, because we have many, many videos of cops going rogue, it gives the impression that this was a sudden phenomenon, while it's probably just that we are more aware of it, now that people can record criminal behavior by police.

The vast majority of police are good and decent people. The videos are a good thing; we need to identify and remove the bad ones as quickly as we can.

Upvote 0