timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟312,905.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm Asian but found Tyler Perry's Madea films and plays to be quite hilarious and excellent replay value.

But if you're the type of conservative Christian might find the movies and plays offensive especially knowing Tyler Perry is a proud, outspoken Christian in Hollywood.

Maybe he's just following "Hollywood format" because he still managed to preach about Christian values in the shows, especially the plays.

One of the funniest scenes:
https://www.tiktok.com/video/7156085205881638186

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟312,905.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I find so many of Madea's lines to be so very, very funny!
Because she makes me laugh, I enjoy those parts of her movies.

:blush:

They're the most replayed movies in my list.:oldthumbsup:

Madea films/plays also have lineup of Christian actors who are active in church ministry. I think Tyler Perry did it on purpose for the sake of helping other Christians out and building a modern Christian community. I don't remember Tyler ever talking about it in interviews but always proud to talk about his Christian faith, talking about God and Jesus, how it sometimes worked against him in the entertainment industry, in Hollywood that is hostile to Christianity.

Watching his plays can sometimes feel like a comedy church play. The vibes and musical performances are just terrific.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟312,905.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I thought cross dressing was bad though?

And the drugs. Maybe he's following a format like the "Hollywood format", else, he won't get approval, something like that.

He did blurted out during a live play he might end up in hell for saying some things in the show, yet it can also be just denominational. Like some denominations may not see cross-dressing as an issue. Ironically, if we take the matter to the letter, we'll have many straight women cross-dressing as men simply for wearing pants.

Even acting can seen as a sin because the job of acting as an actor means you're pretending to be someone you're really not.

Every Christian denomination (even non-denominational ones) filter out different teachings in the Bible. You're living a fantasy if you don't think that's the case.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟449,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
They're the most replayed movies in my list.:oldthumbsup:

Madea films/plays also have lineup of Christian actors who are active in church ministry. I think Tyler Perry did it on purpose for the sake of helping other Christians out and building a modern Christian community. I don't remember Tyler ever talking about it in interviews but always proud to talk about his Christian faith, talking about God and Jesus, how it sometimes worked against him in the entertainment industry, in Hollywood that is hostile to Christianity.

Watching his plays can sometimes feel like a comedy church play. The vibes and musical performances are just terrific.

I don't usually go much for modern comedies ... many just seem kind of dumb ... but the Madea films I've seen were very well put together. Quite impressive, really, all the thought that appears to go into them. (And I love the happy endings, where everything works out!) Tyler Perry is very talented.

I haven't 'seen' Madea in awhile, but you've reminded me of just how funny she is.
Must be time for me to soon visit Amazon Prime and look for one of her movies to watch!

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟312,905.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't usually go much for modern comedies ... many just seem kind of dumb ... but the Madea films I've seen were very well put together. Quite impressive, really, all the thought that appears to go into them. (And I love the happy endings, where everything works out!) Tyler Perry is very talented.

I haven't 'seen' Madea in awhile, but you've reminded me of just how funny she is.
Must be time for me to soon visit Amazon Prime and look for one of her movies to watch!

The plays are also very good and Tyler Perry actually delivers practical teachings in Christian values both as Madea and Tyler Perry without appearing too religious.

Tyler Perry would have made a very good preacher. I think he has the gift for it but I suppose it wasn't God's calling for him.

Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟449,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Tyler Perry would have made a very good preacher. I think he has the gift for it but I suppose it wasn't God's calling for him.

I think in a sense he is perhaps sometimes 'preaching' in his movies, though he does it in a less obvious way. Some people may not want to walk thru the doors of a church, but that same person may watch a movie or play and perhaps something in it will reach thru to his or her heart.

It is amazing to me, all the things God is able to use to draw us to Him ... but He can, and He does!

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟312,905.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think in a sense he is perhaps sometimes 'preaching' in his movies, though he does it in a less obvious way. Some people may not want to walk thru the doors of a church, but that same person may watch a movie or play and perhaps something in it will reach thru to his or her heart.

It is amazing to me, all the things God is able to use to draw us to Him ... but He can, and He does!

Probably avoiding getting "preachy" to make the numbers but he does it so well, it's incredible!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟312,905.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Did you watch her last night. They play her movies on BOUNCE a lot. She slapped a kid silly. She does not set a good example.

It's much closer to the Biblical method of disciplining a child. People wonder why kids are so rotten these days.

His mom disciplined him in such manner, look how Tyler Perry ended up himself.
:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟363,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You discipline your own kids not a stranger. To me she is too violent in the movies he makes and those that produce the movies concerning blacks represent them as low moraled and That's putting it mildly.

Upvote 0