Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Plymouth here. :)

I've read and heard that in Ft. Wayne, the people aren't very friendly. :sorry:

I don't know if it's true. But, it is what I've heard.

They were friendly when I lived there in the mid 80's.

I was born and raised in PA and live there now, but lived in Ft. Wayne for about 2 1/2 years. Go to Indy now for races. My wife use to travel and Indiana was in her territory. We both like Indiana and talk about moving there, but Indiana and PA have cold, snow, and ice. My next move will be a warmer climate I think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
:wave: I went to IWU many many moons ago. I like that little town.

Really? I DESPISE Marion. People in Marion are very unfriendly, unclean, unintelligent, unmotivated....I could go on and on....No offence but I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder concerning IWU too.....even though my mum got her RN degree there. I like Gas City better than Marion...which is funny because a lot of people here complain about Gas City?!?!?! lol

Upvote 0

rob64

Aug 19, 2008
✟8,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My school sent me to Butler University in 7th grade to get psychologicaly evaluated.
I'll never forget the experience.

My parole officer sent me to Indiana Boys school (Plainfield) to get psychologicaly evaluated when i was 16! For some reason, I did forget about it! lol

Upvote 0

student ad x

Senior Contributor
Feb 20, 2009
just outside the forrest
✟29,077.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
smiley_emoticons_winken3.gif
30 minutes north of I.U. / Bloomington

Upvote 0

eleyah

captured by His Grace
Feb 3, 2009
my house somewhere in midwest
✟19,821.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ever bump into Lester Summerall. I thought I heard he was from the Fort Wayne area.:cool:

No brother I never have bumped into him and wasn't aware that he was from this area. I have heard him speak several times, and was blessed by it.

God bless you Rick Otto !!

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God bless you Rick Otto !!
My pleasure.
I'm an ex-pat Hoosier from Naptown campin' out on the Prairie in central east Nebraska. 500 miles west & 100 miles north of Indy. Same weather, but a little more raw off the Rockies. You can realy tell the difference in a shorter Spring & Fall. Less flowering & fruiting & the trees don't get as big for the beating they take.
But it is not as flat & that use to realy drive me up a wall every other season or so. I raised two sons out her. One's 32 & onr is 19.

Lester was more famous internationaly than home-town, I guess. He used to fill a Hercules miltary transport plane with stuff & land it in 3rd world hellholes. Yeah, he was considered "The Big Time" in outreach ministry back in his day. Probably over 20yrs ago now (sorry, I keep forgettin' how old I am lol)

Upvote 0

Joe4Christ

Apr 15, 2009
✟15,133.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I'm brand new here! I'm a student at IU. It seems like the atheists in Bloomington are starting to band together to fight against Christ. A group of them even went so far as to form the indiana atheist bus campaign. I really need you fellow Hoosiers to raise a stir to SHUT THIS CAMPAIGN DOWN!! The last thing I want is to have to get on the bus to go to class only to have the side of the bus plastered with something like "There is no God." Please go to inatheistbus.org and give them a piece of your mind!

I figured if they were starting to more active about their atheism, I should probably start to be more active about my own faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, I'm brand new here! I'm a student at IU. It seems like the atheists in Bloomington are starting to band together to fight against Christ. A group of them even went so far as to form the indiana atheist bus campaign. I really need you fellow Hoosiers to raise a stir to SHUT THIS CAMPAIGN DOWN!! The last thing I want is to have to get on the bus to go to class only to have the side of the bus plastered with something like "There is no God." Please go to inatheistbus.org and give them a piece of your mind!

I figured if they were starting to more active about their atheism, I should probably start to be more active about my own faith.
Yeah, but remember the Karate rule of employing the opposing force, not simply resisting it. And don't forget the devil's reflex to overplay his hand.

Instead of showing a negative reaction when confronted with a group of angry atheists, declare a group hug & thank them for directing everyone's attention toward God.

I don't know, but sometimes counter-intuitive works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

epistemaniac

Mar 4, 2006
north central Indiana
✟1,528.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Ever bump into Lester Summerall. I thought I heard he was from the Fort Wayne area.

actually Lester Sumrall's church was and is in South Bend, I listen to the radio station his ministry (LESEA Ministries) founded (Welcome to Pulse FM) quite frequently, they play Christian contemporary music and have an awesome free music festival every year... this years guests will be the David Crowder Band, Jeremy Camp, Ayeisha Woods and others..... I have been by his church many times which is now run by his grandson also named "Lester", since Lester (the elder) passed away in 1996... so it is unlikely anyone would run into him at this point, unless they are walking the streets of heaven.... I personally disagreed with the Charismatic aspects of Sumrall's teaching, but he was a dedicated man oif God who did a great deal of good in his lifetime....

and yes, I am a Hoosier... have been all my life... and yes I love basketball... not the Pacers though.. the Celtics!!! Anyways... I live in the northern part of the state, just a half hour south of the MI line.... I have to take issue with the woman who said something earlier about there being no educated men/men of intelligence, though that may be true of Grant county, and perhaps that is all she meant :) Here in the north we have lots of educational opportunities... I personally graduated from Grace College, but also attended Goshen College which has consistently been in Forbes as one of the 10 best educational values... I also attended Indiana Univ. at South Bend and of course, there is Notre Dame... so lots of education... lots of intelligence... but she is sure right about the lack of jobs... here where I live in Elkhart county we unfortunately lead the nation, or we have led the nation in the percentage of unemployment risen in a given month, and we are near the top in overall percentage of unemployed. For those who don't know, Elkhart county is kind of known as the RV (Recreational Vehicle) capital of the world... when gas prices went way up, and the recession hit... the RV industry was one of the first to feel the effects... no one could afford to drive a vehicle that gets 8-10 miles per gallon on family vacations, let alone the high price of the vehicle itself... ok... whine off... :)

my own experience of going to Ft Wayne has not led me to think that people there are any more rude than any other part of the country...

blessings,
ken

Upvote 0

HappyChicken

Domestic Egg Executive
Nov 11, 2007
Indiana
✟8,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
actually Lester Sumrall's church was and is in South Bend, I listen to the radio station his ministry (LESEA Ministries) founded (Welcome to Pulse FM) quite frequently, they play Christian contemporary music and have an awesome free music festival every year... this years guests will be the David Crowder Band, Jeremy Camp, Ayeisha Woods and others..... I have been by his church many times which is now run by his grandson also named "Lester", since Lester (the elder) passed away in 1996... so it is unlikely anyone would run into him at this point, unless they are walking the streets of heaven.... I personally disagreed with the Charismatic aspects of Sumrall's teaching, but he was a dedicated man oif God who did a great deal of good in his lifetime....

and yes, I am a Hoosier... have been all my life... and yes I love basketball... not the Pacers though.. the Celtics!!! Anyways... I live in the northern part of the state, just a half hour south of the MI line.... I have to take issue with the woman who said something earlier about there being no educated men/men of intelligence, though that may be true of Grant county, and perhaps that is all she meant :) Here in the north we have lots of educational opportunities... I personally graduated from Grace College, but also attended Goshen College which has consistently been in Forbes as one of the 10 best educational values... I also attended Indiana Univ. at South Bend and of course, there is Notre Dame... so lots of education... lots of intelligence... but she is sure right about the lack of jobs... here where I live in Elkhart county we unfortunately lead the nation, or we have led the nation in the percentage of unemployment risen in a given month, and we are near the top in overall percentage of unemployed. For those who don't know, Elkhart county is kind of known as the RV (Recreational Vehicle) capital of the world... when gas prices went way up, and the recession hit... the RV industry was one of the first to feel the effects... no one could afford to drive a vehicle that gets 8-10 miles per gallon on family vacations, let alone the high price of the vehicle itself... ok... whine off... :)

my own experience of going to Ft Wayne has not led me to think that people there are any more rude than any other part of the country...

blessings,
ken

is grace college in warsaw, in?

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

blessings,
ken

Yes, I mostly meant East Central Indiana. The northern part of the state isn't bad. My mum used to live in Valparaiso. I got exposed to the awesome Indiana Dunes State Park there along Lake Michigan. I like Fort Wayne for the most part....nothing really bad to say there. I just particularly hate Grant County with a passion. It is a place that sucks the soul right out of you. It's also a place where....if you aren't a member of a certain clique or group or related to the right people....you are as good as dead. The school system teaches kids how to be slackers....the rich kids know they can get a free pass because of who their daddy is...the poor kids are taught they will always be second-class citizens so why try? I wouldn't send my dog to Marion schools especially. The only bright light in Grant County is Taylor University. It is a good school with a lot of good people....can't say the same for IWU. It may be a good school too...but again you have the 'clique factor' there bigtime! It's sad about Elkhart's job situation. I can't say it's much better down here in GM country.

Upvote 0

WiredSpirit

and all God's people said... meh
Jul 5, 2004
Evansville
✟2,698.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I moved from Evansville to rural Warrick county almost a year ago. There is a huge difference just in peoples' attitudes and I don't like it. There's no sense of community, people out here aren't concerned about anything but themselves and their own families. I miss community theater particularly, and God forbid you get hungry after 11 p.m. Walmart is the only thing open right now. I know I'm only 45 minutes away or so but the people are going to drive me nuts.

Upvote 0