• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Any other Christians with OCD worry about losing salvation

AChristian4Life

Jan 28, 2012
✟256.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
OCD can do that to you. Accept your thoughts don't try to fight them, let them sit in your head, and let them pass through. They are silly thoughts and OCD often involves religious themes and worries. Allow it to come in, do not dwell on it or fight it. Tell yourself this is my OCD speaking and go on with doing something else.

Upvote 0

FromTheDarknessToTheLight

Never give up hope.
Dec 31, 2011
Montgomery, IL.
✟15,246.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I struggle with this fear everyday. I constantly worry that I will lose my salvation...or that I already have lost my salvation.

It is a terrible OCD battle that I have to deal with and I have literally been in tears from the internal turmoil this doubt and fear causes me :(
I have the same problem. As well as many other psychological issues besides OCD, which can make every day living a hell in itself. I constantly fear about going to hell because I almost never do the right thing, I've changed a little since I've started looking to Christ for salvation, but I still do some dirty things like inappropriate contentography and such. I feel bad afterwards, I know it's not right. I've been thinking about castration since I can't have children anyway, and my sexual appetite seems to be out of control, and it's hurting my relationship with God, and it may very well cause me to lose my salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AChristian4Life

Jan 28, 2012
✟256.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I doubt very many Christians don't look at inappropriate content, it's just a dirty secret. Where does Jesus condemn inappropriate content? All of this nonsense about pointing to scripture to condemn people for being sexual human beings is ludicrous. God created us as sexual human beings and yes we must use this blessing properly but the Christian right is wrong on human sexuality.

Upvote 0

TheWorriedOne

Dec 7, 2011
✟7,871.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hey I'm not sure if I can help you but I really want to so I'm gonna try. First off I'm going through this a little right now my OCD likes to focus on a lot of stuff but anyways know this is your OCD. Im going to tell you about why mine really gets to me. What really makes me worry is the fact that people live for a long time and that's a long time to lose your faith. Is this what bothers you? I try to make myself feel better by remembering the Bible verse that tells us to basically take things one day at a time. I mean I know this is hard but try not to really look into your future just worry about having faith for the day, you kind of see what I'm saying? Eventually your faith will grow and grow just because you've believed so long.
I hope this helps:)

Upvote 0