Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Blood tests indicate that Denver had no alcohol or drugs in his system. His plane crashed in the Pacific Ocean, approximately 150 feet from shore. The probable cause of the accident was when Denver attempted to switch his fuel gauge (which was behind him), his foot pushed the rudder down and caused the plane to nosedive. Since he was only at an altitude of 500 feet, Denver did not have enough time to pull up. He died instantly.

What do I not know?

Upvote 0

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
His music is a kind of "guilty pleasure" for me. The first live album is excellent as are the first two "Greatest Hits" collections. If I had to pick one studio album, it would most likely be Rocky Mt. High.

And I think drjean must have Denver's death confused with someone else's. I don't recall there being any discussion that it was a suicide. Pilot error was the cause of death, I'm pretty sure.

Upvote 0

Clickster

Jun 23, 2008
West Virginia
✟7,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
His music is a kind of "guilty pleasure" for me. The first live album is excellent as are the first two "Greatest Hits" collections. If I had to pick one studio album, it would most likely be Rocky Mt. High.

And I think drjean must have Denver's death confused with someone else's. I don't recall there being any discussion that it was a suicide. Pilot error was the cause of death, I'm pretty sure.

I love his music. It is great music for at the office.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I can definitely appreciate his music. I fondly remember a tape I got when I was a young kid (as I recall, it was a birthday gift) called Rocky Mountain Holiday featuring John Denver and the Muppets. He also did the "Trees for America" campaign sometime in the late '80s or early '90s.

He was talented, and had a smooth, mellow singing style. I guess he can be considered a true legend.

Here is one I personally like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gswdee0BrwM

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

three4rd

Feb 23, 2015
✟15,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I also do not believe he took his own life. He was into experimental aircraft and died "flying like an eagle" until things went wrong. There will never be another like him. Unfortunately he was not the devoted family man that he could have been, but sure could write and sing.

Upvote 0