• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Any And All Help Needed

jcsroom

Jun 30, 2004
cambridge,mass.
✟117.00
Faith
Christian
HI ALL MEMBERS,This is not the best way to introduce myself but my life is in danger, Has anyone ever heard of a evil spirit that harass and phyisicaly hurts a person? this is my situation as of the last two years. I tried every thing possible.including asking Jesus to forgive me for all the sins i could remember and i forgave all the ones who hurt me etc.I need some help because it has been progressing every day. I am a reborn Christian,i have joined your site .i won't get to details now except in the beginning i chalanged this thing and called it names and made a fool of it many times which i should not have done in hind site. It never leaves,it hangs around me constantly all the time.I have tried every thing,this thing is mean and non-stop, it lets me know there is nothing i can do and no one can get rid of him,it seems to be about anger and lust.
I can not see it but feel it..Any help would be God sent .I am 53 years old ,very lodgeical,and very sane. I never new this could even happen.
ARE THERE OTHERS BEING HURT LIKE ME? p.s. this started one year after my divorce. does anyone know someone i could see in my area,Cambridge,Boston,massachusetts etc.I go to church every day and pray the rest of the day,it now hurts me real bad when i pray ,please someone help. SINCEARLY,john (jcsroom)

krstlros

Currently Under Construction
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2004
Within the arms of God
✟52,810.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is a very touchy subject for many religions, not only within the Christian denominations.

I've heard stories of some of the saints being physically tortured at night by demons, such as Blessed Padre Pio, who in his younger days was heard fighting someone at night, and even found outside the doors of the Monestary with the doors locked from the inside.

I don't know what advice I can give you, as I am still a student on the Holy Spirit and Spiritual warfare.

As I write this, my prayers go out to you for peace of mind, heart and Spirit.

May God's blessing be in you, above you, and around you. May His Angels surround you and protect you.

Upvote 0

GodOwnsMe

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
✟2,433.00
Faith
Christian
hey :wave: I have read a book on the subject of demons, but I am not sure if all of it is right.
I'll pray for you, tho...
don't give it up, God's stronger than anything in this world could possibly be
"Don't tell God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big God is" =)
Karen
ps: if you wanna talk some time, you can contact me (I'm kinda buy at the moment, though, so it might take me a bit of time to reply!)

Upvote 0

bnkessler

Jul 7, 2004
Oregon
Visit site
✟274.00
Faith
Christian
Wow, this is something I do not have much knowledge in. I have heard of it before. You have the right idea in trying to find someone to talk to. I'd definately recommend talking to someone. First, go to your doctor and he will be able to find you someone to start talking to, to at least start getting rid of this. God does heal, but I don't believe that he alone can overcome all obstacles that one may be struggling with. That's why he puts other people in our life, to help us overcome things like these. The problem is that you don't have that person yet! I will have to do some internet searching on this one. Can you PM me with the answer to this question (?): Are these evil spirits like seeing someone that is not actually there or how exactly do you describe these evil spirits?

Love, Briana

Upvote 0
B

brinley45cal

Well you need to remmember that you are a child of god and it cannot hurt you unless you allow it.You need to speak out loud and rebuke it in the name of jesus and tell it in the name of jesus it has to go,thatit has no right to your body to do harm to it.Also as a child of god you have angels at your desposel,every beliver according to the bible has a legion of angels you can call down for situations like this and a leigon is 12,000.Call on them to surround your house and your body and to rid your dwelling of this spirit,and it has no choice it has to leave.Remmember as a beliver the devil or demon has no power over you,they can only do what you allow them to do so give that thing the boot,your a child of the king.
The bible says that no weapon formed against you shall prosper and all those who rise up against you shall fall i will not fear what the devil my bring me i am a servant of god.
Go through every room of your house rebuking it and quoting scripture,do all those things and that sucker dont have a chance trust me.I will pray for you also and let us know the good news ok?God Bless and good hunting.

Upvote 0

Matt112

Nov 17, 2003
Sunderland, England
✟7,720.00
Faith
Christian
Wow, this sounds terrifying. I have heard of spirits who physically harm others and can take the form of either a human or animal. This is a common thing in parts of Africa where where Vodoo magic is prevalent. Using a book of evil magic, a person can cause actual physical harm to another by invoking evil spirits. It sounds sensational, but it does happen.

I've heard of a woman in Britain who was harrased by an invisible force daily. She believes her boyfriend's ex lover cursed her when they were in Africa. She occasionally actually sees the spector which takes the form of a dog.

I would definately take Brinley's advice and use your authority as a child of God to control the spirit. As Jesus said, prayer is vital, particularly when the demon is of a stronger sort. Faithful prayer will surely drive it away.

Upvote 0

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had the same sort of problem with 'voices' all the time and severe depression. After seeing a Christian therapist (and psychiatrist) I was put on some medication that has seriously turned my life around!

My psychologist, who is a born-again Christian, is quite convinced that spirits can affect us, but he is equally convinced that they do not have direct power over us as children of God. They are very real, and they use whatever they can to get at you including mental problems. It's been proven that on antidepressants or antipsychotics (depending on your symptoms, the side effects are very minimal with modern medications) a person's brain that has these kinds of voices or presences, very often returns to normal on a CAT scan. Along with prayer, professional help (PREFERABLY Christian psychologists and psychiatrists) can close the door the spirits are using to terrorize you.

Especially after a divorce, a person's brain often naturally goes into a depressive tailspin which can result in the serious depression that I believe Satan used to enter my life with lies and at my worst, with 'spirits' I regularly argued with about my life. I've never had such voices before or since starting therapy and medication, and I truly believe that along with a God-centered life (which I believe you have) this medical field has saved me from the terrorizing I experienced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christ's Minister

Aug 18, 2004
HAWAII
✟287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What you are experiencing is demon possession which does happen to Christians.Any person can go to a witch and through prayers to Satan,have a demon dispatched to a victim of their choice.I know a woman who paid a witch to have a demon actually kill a pastor's wife who she hated.

Your symptoms are so severe that you can not eliminate the possession through your own prayers.You need to find a minister who practices what is called deliverance prayer.Look up churches in your yellow page directory and call the churches that have weekly healing services.Most of them have ministers who have experience in casting out demons which is the service you need.Just keep making phone calls until you reach a qualified minister.You need expert help.

Upvote 0