• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Anxious all the time about getting tickets.

DiscipleEthan

Sep 23, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Visit site
✟17,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just got back on the road not too long ago and I am always anxious. I’ve had a history of fender benders and hitting objects but I have never gotten a ticket. I’m always worried that one day I’ll get a speeding ticket or a red light ticket in the mail if not by a police officer. Sometimes I can’t remember if a light was green or not or if I made it through a yellow light before it turned red. How do you deal with this anxiety if you have it?

Margaret3110

Feb 27, 2020
NM
✟34,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have dealt with similar anxieties. Medication and therapy have helped me. Are you anxious about other things in your life too, or just this right now? I will pray for you to be relieved of this anxiety.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’ve had a history of fender benders and hitting objects but I have never gotten a ticket.
You are not alone. I've wrecked every car I owned till age 45 (knock on wood) about seven in total so you're not alone. Sometimes I daydream and wonder if I ran a light then I look in the rearview to see the opposing traffic is moving and it gives me an indication if I did run it. Whenever I'm driving and I see a cop I immediately look at the speedometer and my foot going to the brake. You are not alone.
But if your anxiety is impairing your ability to drive Magret has given the best advice.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
AMBASSADOR HAT

Welcome back to CF! I've moved this thread from the Prayer Wall forum to the Anxiety, Panic, and Agoraphobia subforum because that forum seems to be a better place for this discussion of anxious experiences while driving. From "How do you deal with this anxiety if you have it?" it seems that you're looking for experiences and advice instead of prayer from this thread.

If you're looking for prayer for safety on the road or relief from your anxiety, you're welcome to start a new topic in the Prayer Wall to ask for those things. If you have any questions or concerns about this decision, please feel free to reach out to me. Thanks!

Upvote 0