• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

anxiety about a job

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟23,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hi I've been unemployed for a while now and in the past 4 years or so I've had anemia,low thyroid and insomnia so I haven't pursued the jobs not that there is a lot to choose from. And the ones that are...well I really don't want to do those kinds of jobs. I'm an Avon rep now, fairly new.

How can I deal with this?

christianstoic

Apr 1, 2010
✟7,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi I've been unemployed for a while now and in the past 4 years or so I've had anemia,low thyroid and insomnia so I haven't pursued the jobs not that there is a lot to choose from. And the ones that are...well I really don't want to do those kinds of jobs. I'm an Avon rep now, fairly new.

How can I deal with this?
Remember. You don't work for any earthly company, whether you're making money or not.
As Christians, we work for the Kingdom of God. Money ain't happiness.

Upvote 0

Elisha1961

Jun 3, 2007
✟15,384.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Are you seeing a counselor? Maybe talk to your pastor? I am currently starting a new job after being unemployed for 8 months. I got used to my own schedule, getting up when I got up and going to bed when I wanted. Now I have to get back to being on a schedule.

I understand your anxiety. It is because this is something new and different. As you get into your new routine it will get better. I do not start for another week and am making myself get back into the sleep schedule I need to be on for the job. I am making myself be busy during work hours and relaxing during non work hours to get my mind set better

Are you telling your doctor about your symptoms? I know right now I have no insurance so a doctor is not something I can afford. But talk to your Doc. He may have some suggestions.

Make sure you are eating right, get on a schedule for yourself, go for a walk. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟23,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Are you seeing a counselor? Maybe talk to your pastor? I am currently starting a new job after being unemployed for 8 months. I got used to my own schedule, getting up when I got up and going to bed when I wanted. Now I have to get back to being on a schedule.

I understand your anxiety. It is because this is something new and different. As you get into your new routine it will get better. I do not start for another week and am making myself get back into the sleep schedule I need to be on for the job. I am making myself be busy during work hours and relaxing during non work hours to get my mind set better

Are you telling your doctor about your symptoms? I know right now I have no insurance so a doctor is not something I can afford. But talk to your Doc. He may have some suggestions.

Make sure you are eating right, get on a schedule for yourself, go for a walk. Hope this helps.

This helped me out a lot/ I'm going to the doc Monday. Keep us posted OK?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elisha1961

Jun 3, 2007
✟15,384.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I have in the past. Currently because of the whole no insurance thing I am not. I have a good friend who I talk to about it. Once I got over the stigma of the diagnosis it became easier to talk about it. This friend is also my mentor in many ways, so she has seen me through many things. She keeps directing me back to the Lord. Making Him the most important thing in my life, then He will help me through this. He is the one making it possible to have the degree of control I have.

Upvote 0